Vote Zach for HOF now!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vote Zach for HOF now!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say James is deserving. Retired in the top 10 all-time rushers, only 60 yards behind Jim Brown. He's currently 13th on the list. And that's not to mention how valuable he was a receiver. I would say his career was on par with Marshall Faulk, who finished with 30 yards more than James, and he's already in the Hall of Fame.

Marshall Faulk had almost 20k total yards and was the face of the greatest show on turf.

just garbage. two of those guys aren't on zachs level. very disappointed. how does Urlacher get in as first ballot. Zach has pretty much everything over him except sacks. I don't get how he gets in first ballot and Zach is getting beat by guys like james. its just crazy to me.
man he better get in next year
Everything except sacks and he has many MORE forced fumbles which I'll take every day over a sack.

Everything except sacks and he has many MORE forced fumbles which I'll take every day over a sack.
Zach is paying dearly for being on teams and defenses that no one really remembers. Blame the Miami Dolphins for being mediocre under his tenure

Zach is paying dearly for being on teams and defenses that no one really remembers. Blame the Miami Dolphins for being mediocre under his tenure

Bingo... and that's why they call it the Hall of FAME. Sometimes, you get in because your story is better than someone else's production.

He’s also very much a part of that team’s failures— the most overrated Dolphins defense of all time. Granted he was far from the most blameworthy member.

However, when players are only getting in ahead of him because they were on Super Bowl teams with superstar teammates— like James— then there’s no justification for excluding Thomas.

The Hall is rapidly losing its luster as a result of putting in too many people. The fact that Rivers is floated as a legitimate candidate despite not even getting to the Super Bowl nor rewriting the record books is proof of the current movement. Given that, there’s no reason to keep Thomas out, unless the NFL wants us to conclude that anyone who wins a Super Bowl ring is superior to anyone who doesn’t.

He’s also very much a part of that team’s failures— the most overrated Dolphins defense of all time. Granted he was far from the most blameworthy member.

However, when players are only getting in ahead of him because they were on Super Bowl teams with superstar teammates— like James— then there’s no justification for excluding Thomas.

The Hall is rapidly losing its luster as a result of putting in too many people. The fact that Rivers is floated as a legitimate candidate despite not even getting to the Super Bowl nor rewriting the record books is proof of the current movement. Given that, there’s no reason to keep Thomas out, unless the NFL wants us to conclude that anyone who wins a Super Bowl ring is superior to anyone who doesn’t.
I agree. They disappeared in the 4th all the time

Zach Thomas was a good player. He just isn't a Hall of Fame player in my opinion. Just like Eli Manning isn't a Hall of Fame player but unfortunately he will probably be voted in. Manning is the one of the most overrated QBs I've ever seen.

Zach made the cut from 15 to 10 ... but didn't make the cut from 10 to 5. He was literally one cut away from Canton ...... ONE!!!

Give it time. He has until 2033 to get in the HOF as a modern-era candidate, and the fact that he got so close this year, literally ONE CUT DOWN AWAY ... tells me his HOF case is picking up head-way. Its just a matter of time.
Give it time. Eventually they will let everyone in.

I think Kevin Mawae's speech might have been part of the reason why Zach made it to the top 10 this year. That won't be there this year, so I'm wondering if he'll take a step back next year.

Back
Top Bottom