Waddle = Ginn Jr? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle = Ginn Jr?

I didn’t like him cause I thought he was Tyreek Hill. But it seems that he is a much more complete receiver than Ginn or Hill. When Ginn was a Dolphin his ball skills were awful, probably only ran one route. Not in love with Hill’s receiving skills. He is a scary athlete who excels thanks to Mahomes

I'm sure if Waddle turns out to have a Ginn like career people would say "decent player but not worthy of a high 1st round pick." But on the field there's always a need for a fast play maker, even if he drops a few balls here and there. Ginn might drop one or two passes per game, but he was always a threat for a big play and that's always worth something.
I’m looking for more of Tyreek Hill type career to justify trading out of pick 3.

I didn’t like him cause I thought he was Tyreek Hill. But it seems that he is a much more complete receiver than Ginn or Hill. When Ginn was a Dolphin his ball skills were awful, probably only ran one route. Not in love with Hill’s receiving skills. He is a scary athlete who excels thanks to Mahomes
Hills is bad man idk what u been watching...he was good before mohomes became starting qb

Waddle has better WR skills in general but honestly I thought what held Ginn back most was his mentality.

I want mean WR who think that ball belongs to them when its in the air. Regardless of size, its a trait you need for the position. Tenacity basically.

Waddle has better WR skills in general but honestly I thought what held Ginn back most was his mentality.

I want mean WR who think that ball belongs to them when its in the air. Regardless of size, its a trait you need for the position. Tenacity basically.
You're not wrong there, but it was also the case that he only ran about three routes at Ohio State on the route tree. He was not even remotely close to his polished as waddle. And that's not even taking into consideration how simplified Ohio state's passing game was compared to Alabama's in this day and age.

And Ginn was definitely afraid of contact/getting hit.
This is my memory of Ginn and his family. He would seem to dart out of bounds early to avoid hits and drop it sometimes if need be to keep the defender at bay. I think he toughened up later in his career because he had too or no team would want him.
Miami definitely got the soft version.

You're not wrong there, but it was also the case that he only ran about three routes at Ohio State on the route tree. He was not even remotely close to his polished as waddle. And that's not even taking into consideration how simplified Ohio state's passing game was compared to Alabama's in this day and age.

Oh je had other flaws for sure I agree. Route running can be coached to some degree but I think his lack of that killer mentality probably prevented him from improving to be the best player he could be.

Back
Top Bottom