Waddle or Fuller | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle or Fuller

I can't get too excited about Fuller because he is just a rental.

Even if he remains healthy this year, which he never does... then he'll likely just move on.

It's tough to invest much enthusiasm in that.
If he balls out why would we not keep him.... we have cap space after this year... a lot of cap space

It’s definitely Waddle. I think we can pretty much envision what Fuller was brought here for, but in what capacity do they use Waddle? Does Waddle have chemistry with Tua from Bama. Is Waddle T.Hill fast. Just a few things

If he balls out why would we not keep him.... we have cap space after this year... a lot of cap space
Why?

Well, we might, but it would likely be a bad idea. His history has been that he's one of the least reliable players in the NFL. Look at all the games he has missed over the years. In a 5 year career, that's a lot of missed games, and it's happened every year. There is a thought that his suspension for taking illegal meds comes right back to this. He isn't very sturdy and had to resort to breaking the rules to try to play.

Guys like this are NOT the ones you want to sign long term, and that's what he'll want if he has a big year, and it's my belief that some team will be dumb enough to do it. I hope that it isn't us really. As a one year rental, he makes sense for us, we can use him for a year... let him walk, get a comp pick, and then draft his replacement.

TOTAL5352209311014.927724461.55030
SEASONTEAMGGSRECYDSAVGLNGTDATTYDSAVGLNGTDFUMLOST
2016Houston Texans14134763513.55321-3-3-3020
2017Houston Texans10102842315.1597294.550
2018Houston Texans773250315.7734
2019Houston Texans11114967013.754310
2020Houston Texans11115387916.677810000

Fuller last year: 11 games, 879 yds,16.6 avg and 8 tds. I'd take those numbers this year in a heartbeat. In 16 games. Plenty of other guys are going to be getting targets other than him.

Waddle, but Fuller may have more impact this season. Im concerned that Waddle is still limping.

I am not sure why you have to pick between the two.Most of the time it takes rookie WR’s a year or two before they reach their potential in the NFL. So it won’t surprise me if Fuller doesn’t end up being more productive next season if he can stay healthy.

I think Waddle will be an excellent WR in the coming years and I am happy the Dolphins drafted him. I am just glad that the Dolphins added Fuller and Waddle in the off season and that Wilson will be back
on the roster next season. These three will give the Dolphins speed at the WR position and the ability to take it to the house anytime they have the ball in their hands. This is something the WR unit severely lacked in 2020.

Miami invested two 1st round picks and a 4th in exchange for a 5th, so more excited to see the roi with Waddle.

Flores loves versatile players and Waddle is that, so looking forward to see how they use him.

I'm more excited about waddle, I think it may surprise quite a few people if they have him returning punts and kicks. I think a lot of people don't realize how great he is doing that, there's been numerous analysts and scouts that are compared him to only Devin Hester. I definitely could see him doing that in his first year, hell tyreek Hill return punts for 3 years and he returned punts and kicks in his first year. And I think with the potential of him being able to change the field considering if our receiving core could stay healthy I definitely can see it happening

I'm more excited about waddle, I think it may surprise quite a few people if they have him returning punts and kicks. I think a lot of people don't realize how great he is doing that, there's been numerous analysts and scouts that are compared him to only Devin Hester. I definitely could see him doing that in his first year, hell tyreek Hill return punts for 3 years and he returned punts and kicks in his first year. And I think with the potential of him being able to change the field considering if our receiving core could stay healthy I definitely can see it happening

Is he really that much better than Grant on special teams? Grant was electric at the collegiate level. Let’s not forget that!

Right now Waddle hasn’t play a professional NFL game.

Is he really that much better than Grant on special teams? Grant was electric at the collegiate level. Let’s not forget that!

Right now Waddle hasn’t play a professional NFL game.
I think he is yeah look at his numbers comparatively to the rest of college football actually there's an article that they wrote about him just showing how electric he was compared to the rest of college. They were saying only comparable to Devin Hester, but you do never know it's got to translate to the pros.

I really hope the Dolphins model how they use Waddle after how the Chiefs use Tyreke Hill. Jet sweeps, RPO's, deep throws, shallow drag plays, running him and Fuller deep to open up the middle for Gisecki, etc.

EDIT: Hell, I hope we model our entire Offense after the Chiefs!

Lofty expectations but not unrealistic.

That said, Would you settle for Waddle being like Tyler Lockett & Miami's O modeled after Seattle's?

As I see, Tua IMO is more like Wilson than Mahomes.

That said, Would you settle for Waddle being like Tyler Lockett & Miami's O modeled after Seattle's?

Absolutely, as long as Tua doesn't have to scramble for his life like Wilson always seems to be doing!

i'd take a wilson-esque Tua, but i'm hoping waddle brings more than tyler lockett (even though lockett has had two good seasons in a row, statistically).

Back
Top Bottom