Waddle was the right pick for us | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waddle was the right pick for us

We actually managed to find the opportunity to push the ball downfield and forcing the other team to play honest coverage was a big factor in the game. What this team can't do is get the ball down the field when the opponent knows we need to get the ball downfield - we just can't give that kind of protection on downs like third and long.
In many ways it was the same exact thing when Tannehill was here.

Tua doesn’t have the arm for deep throws. He under threw Waddle, Wilson and Parker. Then who the **** was he throwing to when he sailed the ball out of bounds. Tua got shown up by a rookie today. Mac is far better and now we have to deal with Mac over the next 17 years.
You know every now and then a QB actually throws the ball to nobody out of bounds rather than throwing it to the safety that was coming in with the angle on the dimuntive RB that was out there. That play works if the safety doesn't respect the RB and doesn't come over the top. Once he started to come over that play was done and it would have been atrocious for the QB to throw to Ahmed against the safety at that point.

Does anyone really sit here and think that the QB honestly threw that ball more than five yards from where he intended? Really?

You know every now and then a QB actually throws the ball to nobody out of bounds rather than throwing it to the safety that was coming in with the angle on the dimuntive RB that was out there. That play works if the safety doesn't respect the RB and doesn't come over the top. Once he started to come over that play was done and it would have been atrocious for the QB to throw to Ahmed against the safety at that point.

Does anyone really sit here and think that the QB honestly threw that ball more than five yards from where he intended? Really?
Some people on here are allergic to context.

All you can do is shake your head sometimes.

I just used the ignore function (on the same person) for the 1st time ever. Feels pretty good. I don't know if I should get used to it or not.
Yea, I just started using it lately. In all m years here I never ignored a single person. Ive just had enough of these trolls.

Wish we had a feature where if you are ignored by x number of posters you get banned.

In many ways it was the same exact thing when Tannehill was here.
Yep. We just continue to try to develop young QB's under adverse conditions. Meanwhile the guy we faced today was given an open guy to get rid of the ball too with ease when the situation required it, and that allowed him to make higher level, difficult throws when he felt like - not being FORCED to do it .

Some people on here are allergic to context.

All you can do is shake your head sometimes.
In their defense it's not like the TV crew didn't explicitly act like it was a bad pass, rather than a QB realizing the throw he was about to make was going to be an easy INT opportunity for the safety if he threw it "accurately" and sending it out of bounds instead so he could live to fight another day.

like I've said all along, he's going to be a good, maybe even great player, but he wasn't worth the price paid to trade up for him. If you don't have a franchise QB (we don't) you can't be getting cute, trading out of the top 3 and then trading back up, passing on multiple franchise QBs all to take a 5'10" WR, losing a pick next year in the process, after signing his clone in FA, while other comparable WR prospects were still on the board. It's just more buffoonery from Grier that will cost us down the road.

like I've said all along, he's going to be a good, maybe even great player, but he wasn't worth the price paid to trade up for him. If you don't have a franchise QB (we don't) you can't be getting cute, trading out of the top 3 and then trading back up, passing on multiple franchise QBs all to take a 5'10" WR, losing a pick next year in the process, after signing his clone in FA, while other comparable WR prospects were still on the board. It's just more buffoonery from Grier that will cost us down the road.
So Tua is not a Franchise QB but the other multiple guys who just got drafted and have 1 game or less under their belt ARE Franchise QBs? Wow you are good to be able to deduce all that 1 game into the season.

1ae.gif

Back
Top Bottom