Wade Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Current news states that Wade Smith will have the chance to become one of the Dolphins' starting offensive linemen again, but it won't be at the position he has played the past two seasons.

A source said Smith will be used at center instead of left tackle when the team begins offseason practices later this spring. Is this a good move for the Dolphins OL or not in your opinion?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-slotschoice03apr03,0,6720766.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

I still think he is much more phisically gifted and fit for LT than Carey and McIntosh or St Clair, coaching last year was plain awfull, I think he should be given a chance at LT.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Current news states that Wade Smith will have the chance to become one of the Dolphins' starting offensive linemen again, but it won't be at the position he has played the past two seasons.

A source said Smith will be used at center instead of left tackle when the team begins offseason practices later this spring. Is this a good move for the Dolphins OL or not in your opinion?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-slotschoice03apr03,0,6720766.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

My opinion is to line up the best 5 guys and let them play.

Great move. Wade Smith's career at tackle is most likely over. He showed us that he can't athletically compete against most of the defensive ends in the league, and I don't see this team wasting their time on him at tackle.

One thing Wade Smith isnt exactly the strongest O lineman and he is gonna be eaten alive by Vince Wilfork and other 300+ pounds DTs.

One thing is that the Sun-Sentinel and M. Herald used to say that WSmith was struggling to learn the system in his rookie year which lead to alot of mistakes. They also said that his lack of upper body strength was a problem for him at left tackle. Then he got alittle bigger and stronger last offseason but regressed last year anyway (imo). So was it due to horrible coaching last year (which he had) or is it that he just can't pick up a system? We'll know in a few months.

Joey 22 said:
One thing Wade Smith isnt exactly the strongest O lineman and he is gonna be eaten alive by Vince Wilfork and other 300+ pounds DTs.

I agree.. Lets hope that the Dolphins new OL coach can teach him better techniques to combat those lineman such as Vince Wilfork. We should model the OL similar to that of the Denver Broncos OL.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
I agree.. Lets hope that the Dolphins new OL coach can teach him better techniques to combat those lineman such as Vince Wilfork. We should model the OL similar to that of the Denver Broncos OL.

That's not a bad model since they continously produce 1000 yard backs. But I do think Houck's system is a little different. I'm not sure he's the god of OL coaching everyone thinks, because I can remember 2 years ago SD OL was at the bottom. I'm hoping a lot of the additions we got this off season helps put ppl in the right spot to be effective OL men. The trenches on O is what lost 12 games last year, when they had the QB's and RB's scare every play.

Well he took over at San Diego precisly like two or three years ago and turned seventh rders into playoff starters at the O line, I wouldnt doubt by a second he is one of the best.

I think that this may be a very innovative move by SABAN. The thing about Smith- it appears to me that when he gets his hand's on a guy, he can pretty much contain or control him. But since he's on the outside, he's simply not fast enough to counter with the quicker DE's in the league. Putting him a center will protect his flanks, and we'll see if he can continue to stay on guys if he can keep them infront of him.

He will prosper beter as a center I hope

I think his days are numbered here in Miami. I dont think he is motivated enough to play for Saban.

He can't play center if he can't pick up the system. The center is the QB of the offensive line. He makes the blocking calls and adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom