Wade Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith

It seems a strange move, LT to Center, but houck knows the situation better than any of us. I wonder who we will keep/cut? Noone is getting huge $ , but a million here a million there and pretty soon you are talking about real money. (paraphrased)

Joey 22 said:
One thing Wade Smith isnt exactly the strongest O lineman and he is gonna be eaten alive by Vince Wilfork and other 300+ pounds DTs.

WRONG

A good center has to be able to make the line calls and adjustments, needs to be quick athletic, fast, have very good leg drive. They don't need exceptional upper body strength, height (Smith is the perfect height for a center), or long arms. Actually long arms would probably hurt a center in some ways.

The only part that Smith has to work on is being able to make the calls and adjustments. Physically he'll be just fine if he goes back to a trim 300 pounds.

Probably just more draft posturing. Funny how the only leaks out of Davie this offseason have been about Carey at LT and Smith at C. When we're picking in the 3rd or 4th round and thinking about taking Ben Wilkerson, we'll need other teams to think, "we don't have to trade ahead of Miami for him -- they got Wade Smith backing up at center." Nothing has leaked out of Davie but THESE two things? Come on....

shouright said:
Probably just more draft posturing. Funny how the only leaks out of Davie this offseason have been about Carey at LT and Smith at C. When we're picking in the 3rd or 4th round and thinking about taking Ben Wilkerson, we'll need other teams to think, "we don't have to trade ahead of Miami for him -- they got Wade Smith backing up at center." Nothing has leaked out of Davie but THESE two things? Come on....

It's not a huge leak. I mean there has been plenty of other stuff that has come out.

Got damn it!!! Wrong my a$$ what is he gonna do when he faces NEs 3-4 D!!! Just watch how Wilfork smashes Feeley???? HE IS GONNA FACE SOME MASSIVE DTs AND THATS SURE!!!!!! Oh this people are so freakin irritating!!!! Yes he surely needs athleticism to get to the next level and pull on traps and run after MLBs, but what about when he faces 300 pounders at NT!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Joey 22 said:
Got damn it!!! Wrong my a$$ what is he gonna do when he faces NEs 3-4 D!!! Just watch how Wilfork smashes Feeley???? HE IS GONNA FACE SOME MASSIVE DTs AND THATS SURE!!!!!! Oh this people are so freakin irritating!!!! Yes he surely needs athleticism to get to the next level and pull on traps and run after MLBs, but what about when he faces 300 pounders at NT!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Relax. Oh and by the way I guess Mawae, Wiegmann, and Nalen are three of the top 5 centers in the league.

None of the three are strong. ITS THE G THAT FACES THE NT. God damn. Inside needs leg drive, outside needs upper body bulk. :shakeno:

JCfinfan said:
I think his days are numbered here in Miami. I dont think he is motivated enough to play for Saban.

Why do you feel he is not motivated? First time I have seen that mentioned.

Joey 22 said:

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Holy ****, calm down...

I could show you so much tape from Cs facing NTs and getting overpowered maybe the guard and the C can double team the NT but its like 60% of the time the C that has to take over the NT, OK lets simply stop this discussion, I still think he is still better suited for LT. And Nalens strength its Denvers scheme, Mawae its strong indeed and the best C to play the game in recent history the last ten years was Dermotti Dawson and you wont tell me he wasnt strong.

supertek said:
Why do you feel he is not motivated? First time I have seen that mentioned.

It just didnt sem like he puts much effort into his game. Seeing him on the sidelines after he let his QB get crushed puzzled me. It looked like he didnt give a ****. Just my observations, thats all.

Back
Top Bottom