Wait a second, Last time i checked they still have to score on us... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wait a second, Last time i checked they still have to score on us...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Ok, im trying to stay optimistic about this season and its really tough,... there have been some real bad things happened to us this offseason, but i dont think all is lost....

If i remember correctly they still have to score on us,... on this great DEFENSE of ours....

Have you guys lost confidence in our playmaking Defense (Zach, Pat, JT, Knight, Seau, Madison)?

We complain about losing people on offense, but please remind me when our offense was really that good to begin with....It's been our Defense that wins games! ....do i have to remind you guys when T Bay won the SB, no, im not saying we're SB bound but what i am saying is that were definetly not cellar bound....We drafted & added some defensive players who give us even more playmaking abilities(i.e. Poole, A. Edwards, etc.)...so although we've lost some offense, we've secretly gained some defense...keep in mind to make it far we will have to beat teams like Indy,KC & NE...teams that have playmaking WR's...well we have the depth in the backfield to stop those powerful offenses.....

its tough to stay upbeat with all the bad things happening, .... but all id like to say to the FO is get Wally signed and lets move on....and id like to say to you true diehard fin fans out there...hang in there.....dont count us out just yet.

- A pessimistic (trying to be optimistic) Dolphin Fan :shakeno:

I'm with ya man. Football is such a team game. The champions are all about desire and mental toughness, things we have lacked in the past. Maybe all this BS will transform our boys. They will unite for the common cause. That being said, PLEASE FOOTBALL GODS, THROW US A BONE AND MAKE DB O.K.

Well seems Boston's out for the season...even an optimist like me is starting to get severely depressed.

Guys.

This team won 11 games in 2000 with a defense that wasn't quite as good as it is now, a wide receiver corps of Tony Martin, Oronde Gadsden, and Leslie Shepherd, and Lamar Smith at tailback.

Offense wins games...

DEFENSE WINS SUPER BOWLS!

Phinz4Life said:
Offense wins games...

well dont we have to win games to get to the SB??:confused:

I am probably the most optimistic fan on this board, but this Boston injury really bothers me. Not because it really hurts our team, but because I was really pulling for this guy to get his career together. I have been a David Boston fan even when he was in Arizone. I always liked the fact that he was different than the NFL "norm." This is just depressing. But now our younger WRs (Tolver, Simmons, Thompson, Minnis) will have to step up.

Yes but the Patriots werent the best team in the NFL in 2000.
KBISBACK said:
Guys.

This team won 11 games in 2000 with a defense that wasn't quite as good as it is now, a wide receiver corps of Tony Martin, Oronde Gadsden, and Leslie Shepherd, and Lamar Smith at tailback.

midwest_phinfan said:
I am probably the most optimistic fan on this board, but this Boston injury really bothers me. Not because it really hurts our team, but because I was really pulling for this guy to get his career together. I have been a David Boston fan even when he was in Arizone. I always liked the fact that he was different than the NFL "norm." This is just depressing. But now our younger WRs (Tolver, Simmons, Thompson, Minnis) will have to step up.
Ahem, you may be optimistic...

but I, my midwest friend, am a...

BLIND OPTIMIST!

12-4! YEAH BABY!

You people are so pathetic

I'm a Dolphins fan just like the majority of you, and I think this is hilarious. First, Wannstedt stays. The worst coach in football stays around for another year. I don't care if the record was 15-1 or 10-6, they did not make the playoffs. With as talented as a team that was on the field for Miami last year, a squirrel could have coached them to a playoff berth. Just like politics, being conservative is stupid. Big mistake.
Second, letting Marino come back as a "GM" position. He was brought in solely because of who he was in this organization, and had no experience. He may have been the best QB in NFL history, but he should not have been in the front office right now working with the coach that pushed him out of football. Big mistake.
Third, signing David "Please come and operate on my knee" Boston. A big, steroidal crybaby. Big mistake.
Fourth, trading for AJ Feeley. Didn't this team already have 2 mediocre QB's before releasing another "name" for the Dolphins-Brian Griese. Feeley: An unproven QB who has had what, 4 career starts? I doubt he will be worth the top 40 pick the Eagles will recieve for him. Big mistake.
Fifth, Ricky Williams. I won't even get started on the "I'd rather smoke weed in Jamiaca than do something for millions of dollars." Psycho-enough said.

One post I read said "we had all these crappy guys in 2000 on offense and still made the playoffs."

It's called getting older. Get used to it because it is going to happen to you too. In that 2000 season, these players were at these ages in their lives:

Zach Thomas: 27
Jason Taylor: 26
Sam Madison: 26
Pat Surtain: 24
Tim Bowens: 27

Now, 4 years later, it looks like this (I'll do the math seeing as some of you might be a little slow)

Zach Thomas: 31
Jason Taylor: 30
Sam Madison: 30
Pat Surtain: 28
Tim Bowens: 31

They're not getting any younger folks. With as mediocre as an offense this team is going to provide, you really think by week 10 they are going to be ready to go out there for the 8th time in the first half after another 3 and out? Give me a break. The defense will suffer from exhaustion by the end of the season, so don't expect the "December swoon" to stop this year.

You can be a fan if you want, but please, be realistic. Fantasy-land was 2 stops earlier on the train, before you had the intelligence to figure out not be a fan of this terrible, terrible, organization.

Can i be your friend?
Please?
:woot:
Tater Salad said:
I'm a Dolphins fan just like the majority of you, and I think this is hilarious. First, Wannstedt stays. The worst coach in football stays around for another year. I don't care if the record was 15-1 or 10-6, they did not make the playoffs. With as talented as a team that was on the field for Miami last year, a squirrel could have coached them to a playoff berth. Just like politics, being conservative is stupid. Big mistake.
Second, letting Marino come back as a "GM" position. He was brought in solely because of who he was in this organization, and had no experience. He may have been the best QB in NFL history, but he should not have been in the front office right now working with the coach that pushed him out of football. Big mistake.
Third, signing David "Please come and operate on my knee" Boston. A big, steroidal crybaby. Big mistake.
Fourth, trading for AJ Feeley. Didn't this team already have 2 mediocre QB's before releasing another "name" for the Dolphins-Brian Griese. Feeley: An unproven QB who has had what, 4 career starts? I doubt he will be worth the top 40 pick the Eagles will recieve for him. Big mistake.
Fifth, Ricky Williams. I won't even get started on the "I'd rather smoke weed in Jamiaca than do something for millions of dollars." Psycho-enough said.

One post I read said "we had all these crappy guys in 2000 on offense and still made the playoffs."

It's called getting older. Get used to it because it is going to happen to you too. In that 2000 season, these players were at these ages in their lives:

Zach Thomas: 27
Jason Taylor: 26
Sam Madison: 26
Pat Surtain: 24
Tim Bowens: 27

Now, 4 years later, it looks like this (I'll do the math seeing as some of you might be a little slow)

Zach Thomas: 31
Jason Taylor: 30
Sam Madison: 30
Pat Surtain: 28
Tim Bowens: 31

They're not getting any younger folks. With as mediocre as an offense this team is going to provide, you really think by week 10 they are going to be ready to go out there for the 8th time in the first half after another 3 and out? Give me a break. The defense will suffer from exhaustion by the end of the season, so don't expect the "December swoon" to stop this year.

You can be a fan if you want, but please, be realistic. Fantasy-land was 2 stops earlier on the train, before you had the intelligence to figure out not be a fan of this terrible, terrible, organization.

Phinz4Life said:
Offense wins games...

Hate to disagree with you, but I did a little spot research on NFL history. Since the NFL went to the 16-game season in 1978, no Super Bowl champion has scored fewer than 333 points in the regular season.

With the personnel we have left on this roster after Williams' flameout and Boston's injury, it will be a miracle if we score 200.

I'm now back on the 4-12 prediction. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom