Waiver Wire Pickups | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waiver Wire Pickups

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
I thought i'd post a couple names that caught my eye...All these guys were part of the FIRST set of cuts around the NFL:

LB Trev Faulk..TE Tyrone Davis...DT Reggie McGrew...
P Kyle Richardson...WR Jermaine Lewis...T Michael Thompson...P Andy Groom...
Trev Faulk could be an interesting project..I'm no college buff but i know he had a good collegiate carrer....Could provide depth at LB ?
Tyrone Davis never could get it done...I still prefer him over Battaglia...2 underachievers....At least Davis can block a it..
I loved Andy Groom coming out of Ohio State..Couldn't beat out the punter in TB...
Richardson played for the Ravens and was solid as well...
2 interesting punter projects..
McGrew has been a huge disappointment...No need with our depth on the D Line...
Jermaine Lewis's career has gone downhill since his SB win with the Ravens...Nevertheless this guy was the best returner in the NFL 3 years ago...
Micheal Thomspon failed a physical but still is a name dolfans have been muttering for the last couple months...Wade Smith not Micheal Thompson is shaping up to be our LT of the future...

Food for thought on this slow day...

tyrone davis is interesting and michael thompson worth another look i guess

Correct me if Im wrong, but i dont think thats the same Jermaine Lewis youre thinking about....

Thompson would be a good pickup, I wouldn't mind giving Faulk a look!

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Correct me if Im wrong, but i dont think thats the same Jermaine Lewis youre thinking about....

That what I was thinking...

but since Pink_Dove said he was with the Ravens I tought I was wrong.

The bills just cut Spoon. He could be a pickup for the fins especially since Moore is gone for the year. He is a MLB though.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I never heard of him.

Is he any good ?

Are you seriously going to consider my opinion on Spoon? :lol: He got cut by us, then again so was Nails, Thurman, Spriggs, Bowens.

Spoon came in for Cowart during his rookie year. 76 tackles (46 solo) 2 int's for TD's. He then tore his biceps and was out the whole of last year. Some of us are shocked but Stevenson has stepped up for the bills and has looked like a younger Spikes. I bet someone picks Spoon up.

Former Niner Jermaine Lewis was released.

Former Raven/Texan is still a Jaguar.

Spoon actually seems good fromt he stats. I expect Cowboys or Lions to sign him or something.

I think Thompson might be picked up depending on the outlook for Dixon. Spoon might be of interest to the Phins if he plays special teams.

Other than that I expect no action at the punter position.

i think thompson is gonna get a LOOOONG look from the fins front office. This guy, if healthy, would give us some nice depth at tackle behind smith and Dixon when he comes back. Aside from that, i think the only wire pickup the fins r gonna make is Lorenzo Bromell if the Vikes cut him (which they're expected to do, if they havent already).

Back
Top Bottom