Wake me up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake me up

@BlueFin

You wanted tall strong armed QBs Haskins, Lock, and Herbert because they met your personal measurables but can’t allow Tua and the teams 7-3 start to the season breathe can’t allow fans to be excited

Even tho Tua is 7-0 this year and shows no sign of letting up - not one sign

But we can’t be optimistic Because nothing has been accomplished yet

People can back track their words on Tua it was the injury concerns not the size not the litany of other reasons, they can sellout on the yah but, it was the injury concerns yada yada yada

We ain’t that gullible

You think 7-3 with the last 4 wins over Pittsburgh(rookie QB), Detroit, Chicago and Cleveland …(Cleveland the only dominant win) is accomplishing something extraordinary in Dolphin history?

I like what I’m seeing, I’m going to enjoy the ride…but I’ve seen too many collapses to get too carried away just yet!

Go out and win 3 out of the next 4…with some playoff contenders…and I’ll start thinking contender!

As Madden used to say…it’s after thanksgiving the contenders start proving it!
Well to be fair you can only play the teams put it front of you, and we did beat 3 out 4 playoff contenders to start the season, only loss coming without Tua in the last 2.5 quarters vs the Bengals. The AFC is better this year but last year 3 teams made it at 10-7 and one at 9-7-1. Not to discredit the importance of playing well after Thanksgiving, but there's a reason that Vegas has changed the betting lines so drastically in regards to Miami, they are a very dangerous team.

What Dan said.

People expected us to start the season 0-4 or 1-4...we go 3-0 and then Tua suffers a freak concussion. We would probably be the 2nd seed in the league right now if it weren't for that injury.

I get the mental handicap blanket some of ya'll need after so many disappointments...but this team has the IT factor...we make the playoffs 100%...that is a whopping success after years past.

And I don't think its too early to start talking about a potential run. The AFC (which was hugely hyped but actually pretty average) is totally up for grabs this year.

Can we all just stop for a moment and appreciate this? I know many, like myself, always believed in what Tua could become. But I'll be honest and say I've been wrong SO MANY times before. I'm a homer, after all.

Never in my lifetime (tail end of Marino years and on) have we had so much success. To finally have that FRANCHISE QB who is playing EXCEPTIONAL...to finally have the media (begrudgingly) give us love. To have arguably the best WR duo in NFL history and the potential for record setting stats. To have a young/intelligent and COOL head coach. To have a legitimate shot at taking the division and making a RUN AT THE SUPERBOWL!?

Wake me up I said. This has to be a dream.

"It's not just playing with the lead. When trailing, no quarterback owned a higher grade from PFF than Tua heading into Week 11. Same goes for his passer rating, yards per attempt and completion percentage. Tagovailoa also owned the league's lowest expected interception percentage as he entered the bye, a testament to his tasty accuracy. Since returning from his concussion, Tua has thrown for 1,230 yards, 10 touchdowns and zero picks. Yes, he's in a scheme that maximizes his gifts. Yes, the Dolphins did a masterful job building around their quarterback and rapidly molding the roster to fit Mike McDaniel's scheme. Tua, though, shouldn't be dinged for playing in a positive environment. He's operating in dominant fashion inside the league's most explosive attack." -

We do not have the best wr duo in history. Dude I’m homer but EASY - maybe they will be if they play together and WIN a lot for 5 years or more - but these 2 are not even the best duo in Dolphin history…I’m excited tho and get your point - I’m just trying to be realistic.

We do not have the best wr duo in history. Dude I’m homer but EASY - maybe they will be if they play together and WIN a lot for 5 years or more - but these 2 are not even the best duo in Dolphin history…I’m excited tho and get your point - I’m just trying to be realistic.

Statistically speaking, they're on pace to shatter former records. We could argue about history/longevity/consistency, etc. but I'm just talking strictly stats. They have the potential to be the best ever (yes, different era, rules, # of games, etc. - I get it.) Glad you get my point and we can agree to disagree should we continue at the pace were on.

Bill Walsh when complementing how great a QB Marino was, admitted that Montana worked great under a specific offense ("Joe Montana was a product of the system. Dan Marino was the system.") yet nobody sane is going to say anything less about Montana then he was easily one of the 5 best QBs to play the game.

Tua is playing in an offense that fits him best, and he is playing elite football in it. That does not, or should not be thought less of what type of QB he is because he works best in a certain Offense.

If it was that easy to turn a QB into an unstoppable Elite QB by just finding the right offense for him, 32 teams would have elite QBs playing most every year.

Tua is special, and not many QBs could play as good as he is playing now, even with the two best WR, TE, and receiving RB on the same team, while having the top line blocking for him. Some of the plays Tua makes, he makes within a split second, anticipated to the point you almost have to believe he might be psychic on what the receiver and defender were going to each do.
To your point, if the season ended today Tua would have the 5th highest ever quarterback rating in a single season at 118. Aaron Rodgers, at 122.5 in 2011, tops the list.

Sherfield is also familiar with the offense….thus his increased workload.

Never thought of that but surely true. Could also explain why Cracraft isn't seeing the field more too. He has a longer learning curve.

Enjoy the ride…it’s still a little early to go too crazy, nothing has actually been accomplished yet.

We’re going to find out soon what this is…..
Uhh NO!!! It's certainly NOT too early to go crazy. Now is EXACTLY the time to go crazy. We don't know how things will end, and winning a title is probably not in the cards, going into Buffalo in Dec and winning is probably not in the cards. The point is for the first time in a long time we have a CHANCE to do some of those things so LETS GO CRAZY NOW !!!
There is only one fan base every year that has a reason to go crazy when the season is over. But until you know for sure you aren't that team it is perfectly ok to go crazy with the best team and best chance to be that champion that you have had in 25+ years. You can do as ya want but as for me I'm going CRA CRA, CUCKOO FOR COCOA PUFFS. ABSOLUTELY INSANE, CRAZY, every day until we lose again.

This Miami team has a realistic chance.

Couple of things...

1. I'd like to see the Dolphins start putting teams away and develop a killer instinct. The team is 7-3, but they left the door open against Pittsburgh, Detroit and Chicago. I know most games are close in the NFL, but these shouldn't have been one possession games.

2. Start eliminating those missed tackles. This is an area I hope the team worked on during the bye week. The defense still could be championship caliber, but only if players do a better job of wrapping up.

3. Details, details. God is in the details in the phrase. The coaching staff needs to do better in getting plays to Tua faster. Clock management has to be better. I like the boldness in going for it on some 4th downs, but sometimes a FG is the right decision (Pittsburgh game).

The schedule is pretty tough down the stretch with division games against Buffalo, the Jets and New England. Miami also plays San Francisco, Green Bay and the Chargers. Also can't look past the Texans.

Have to eliminate mistakes and continue to get better.

If Von Miller is not back yet when we play them again, could potentially be in our favor. Not wishing injuries, and blah blah blah I wanna play them at their best, but if it’s out of our control, which it obviously is, it will certainly favor our chances..

Back
Top Bottom