Wallace traded to Minnesota | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace traded to Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut him. This isn't Mike Wallace numbers we're dealing with.

The hidden beauty in this is the value/opportunity we get to develop our own potential Wallace while he is cheap. If he causes problems, show him the door and not have to worry about Minnesota bailing us out again.

Sure we can cut him no problem if need be but we got to replace him

This is a terrific move. We got rid of an awful contract and got something out of a player we were eventually going to cut. Miami did a terrific job redoing their WR core that was very overpaid. Mike Tannenbaum and Dennis Hickey have really been doing work this offseason. We got rid of Ireland's mistakes.

Wallace was owed a roster bonus that was coming up. That's how we ended up getting fleeced into an impatient trade.

I'm not pissed that quitter is gone, but for that compensation, I would have preferred to keep him. If it's to sign Clay, I sure hope it's not for 8mm a year. 4...maybe 4.5mm is reasonable, but beyond that I don't see that value.

Also for those saying we got the same value for Brandon Marshall...we got 2 3rd rounders for him (we traded 2 2nd's to get him), so this value is not even close for what we just got for Wallace.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...dolphins-trade-brandon-marshall-chicago-bears

I sure hope we are not standing pat at WR with just what we have left. Mathews has proved very little and doesn't appear to be popular with the coaches given the limited chances he's seen. Landry is great for what he is....which is an excellent possession receiver (see 9 yrd/catch). Stills is a nice get, but I'd sure like more size on the outside but not a number one receiver that I really want to see. Frankly, I never saw Mike Wallace as a true number 1, so I wanted to see us hit one in the 1st round regardless. Man, I'd LOVE to figure out a way to get Cooper. Also, a vet like Bowe, Britt, Crabtree or Nicks which will give us a little size on the outside what be great for debt and insurance if WR targets slip by us in the draft.

I'm not pissed that quitter is gone, but for that compensation, I would have preferred to keep him. If it's to sign Clay, I sure hope it's not for 8mm a year. 4...maybe 4.5mm is reasonable, but beyond that I don't see that value.

Also for those saying we got the same value for Brandon Marshall...we got 2 3rd rounders for him (we traded 2 2nd's to get him), so this value is not even close for what we just got for Wallace.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...dolphins-trade-brandon-marshall-chicago-bears

I sure hope we are not standing pat at WR with just what we have left. Mathews has proved very little and doesn't appear to be popular with the coaches given the limited chances he's seen. Landry is great for what he is....which is an excellent possession receiver (see 9 yrd/catch). Stills is a nice get, but I'd sure like more size on the outside but not a number one receiver that I really want to see. Frankly, I never saw Mike Wallace as a true number 1, so I wanted to see us hit one in the 1st round regardless. Man, I'd LOVE to figure out a way to get Cooper. Also, a vet like Bowe, Britt, Crabtree or Nicks which will give us a little size on the outside what be great for debt and insurance if WR targets slip by us in the draft.

Pretty sure most were referring to the compensation the Jets just gave up for Marshall which was a 5th.

Wallace was owed a roster bonus that was coming up. That's how we ended up getting fleeced into an impatient trade.

Yeah we really dropped the ball on this one...

344DOLPHINS1202%20DEFEND%20CTJ%20(2).JPG

I seriously doubt he will get 10 TDs this season.

I am just THRILLED that he is 4king G-O-N-E...

Clay will hopefully get signed now, and we can pick the best available player in the draft. A corner/guard/WR/LB.... WTF Knows?

Pretty sure most were referring to the compensation the Jets just gave up for Marshall which was a 5th.

LOL...well...um.....I sure missed that one....makes a lot more sense. Carry on.

The problem from the past was they jettison a player and never attempt to replace them. Stills can replace Wallace.

You say that like you just find receivers who command double teams hanging around. Dumb trade. I've had it with philbin. Dude couldn't hack having Marshall and now mike Wallace. Where are those 10's coming from?
If cameron stays healthy hes gonna command plenty of attention...this team needs one more piece at wr and it needs to be able to dictate to coverage

Im a little worried about stills not becoming a pain in the ass too...

The problem from the past was they jettison a player and never attempt to replace them. Stills can replace Wallace.

Why do you say that? If Wallace put up stills numbers we would say he underperformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom