Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

As of 2/16/10

Has us taking...

1. Rolando McClain ILB
2. Ricky Sapp OLB
3. Jeremy Williams WR
4. Ed Dickson TE

I think Williams might be a little bit of a reach. Maybe not, im using my lack of prospect knowledge to make that opinion. Kinda think i would rather see Graham at TE in the 4th round.

I don't see the point of the Williams pick. I've been on the DON'T draft McClain bandwagon. But, we could do worse. I don't think Sapp will be there in the 2nd, but he's a more impressive athlete than I thought (got an early glimpse of Confucius' video cut up - minus the essay). I think he's a gamble, but in the 2nd, he'd be a reasonable gamble.

And, yes, that sound was me eating my words.

i don't like the sapp pick because kindle is still there and i'll take jimmy gramah over ed dickson

make it-
1.) Brandon Grahm
2.) Cam Thomas
3.) Demariyus Thomas
4.) Jimmy Grahm

then I'll like it a lot more

2 Thomas and 2 Grahms ...lol

Love the first two picks. However, Jeremy Williams over Demaryius Thomas and Reshad Jones? Ed Dickson over Demaryius Thomas and Jimmy Graham?

screw his mock... the PERFECT mock offseason for us would be

Sign Dansby
4th and player for Boldin

Draft-

1) Derrick Morgan/Brandon Graham/Everson Griffin, SOLB
2) Terrence Cody/Cam Thomas, NT
3) Alex Carrington, DE

We completely renovate our front 7 replacing all the weeklinks.

We give Henne a legit #1, though he is only a stop gap, it would be an amazing pickup.

Next year we can draft one of the following:
Julio Jones
AJ Jones
Jonathan Baldwin
Michael Floyd
Deandre Brown

and a RB in the 2nd.

Sign Dansby

Draft-

3) Alex Carrington, DE

We give Henne a legit #1, though he is only a stop gap, it would be an amazing pickup.

Julio Jones
AJ Jones
Jonathan Baldwin
Michael Floyd
Deandre Brown

and a RB in the 2nd.

So your content with Mr. Wilson being our safety net next year?

In a "PERFECT mock offseason" we would include some sort of change at FS....

So your content with Mr. Wilson being our safety net next year?

In a "PERFECT mock offseason" we would include some sort of change at FS....

Im pretty confident in clemons ability, i say move wilson to SS and Clemons to FS, you cant fix every whole in one offseason and getting pressure from Griffin, wake, starks, cody, and Carrington, sometimes even dansby, can only improve this secondary. Not to mention the improving CB's should improve it and us maybe possibly finally being able to cover a TE with dansby..

Im not saying they often did but with a MUCH improved front 7, the safties can worry about the pass more and play deeper with run stopping guys like griffin, cody, carrington, and dansby..

Im pretty confident in clemons ability, i say move wilson to SS and Clemons to FS, you cant fix every whole in one offseason and getting pressure from Griffin, wake, starks, cody, and Carrington, sometimes even dansby, can only improve this secondary. Not to mention the improving CB's should improve it and us maybe possibly finally being able to cover a TE with dansby..

Im not saying they often did but with a MUCH improved front 7, the safties can worry about the pass more and play deeper with run stopping guys like griffin, cody, carrington, and dansby..

When you say perfect it means perfect. No holes.

I am not willing to sacrifice Bell so Wilson can move to SS and fail there. As far as Clemons, I just don't know. It would be a toss up for me.

Sign Dansby

Draft-

3) Alex Carrington, DE

Julio Jones
AJ Jones
Jonathan Baldwin
Michael Floyd
Deandre Brown

and a RB in the 2nd.

Not bad but what player and a 4th for Boldin? Ginn? I think they'd ask for more than that.

If we didn't land Boldin and Dez Bryant was gone at 1.12, then how about....

FA) Karlos Dansby LB
FA) Ben Watson TE
1.) Dan Williams NT
2.) Demaryius Thomas WR
3.) AJ Edds LB
4.) Larry Asante FS

That looks solid b/c Henne has veteran TEs (Watson and Fasano) and RBs (R&R) to compliment the young WRs (Thomas, Hartline, Bess). The defense gets a young NT, 2 LBs and a FS.

A WR1 (like Marshall or Austin or Boldin) will be harder to land than a TE1 which we can get in Watson who is an UFA.

Same goes for NT where Wilfork, Hampton, Franklin and Pickett will all be franchised but we could find a free agent LB like Dansby or at least Antonio Pierce.

When you say perfect it means perfect. No holes.

I am not willing to sacrifice Bell so Wilson can move to SS and fail there. As far as Clemons, I just don't know. It would be a toss up for me.
You want to sacrifice a pro bowl SS to replace him with Wilson who showed no signs of being a pro bowl caliber player.

You want to sacrifice a pro bowl SS to replace him with Wilson who showed no signs of being a pro bowl caliber player.

Idc what the votes say, he was NOWHERE near pro bowl caliber. he is also much older than Wilson and is being paid like 13 million i believe which is ABSURD.

Idc what the votes say, he was NOWHERE near pro bowl caliber. he is also much older than Wilson and is being paid like 13 million i believe which is ABSURD.

3 years difference isn't much older. I would much rather have a good older player than a bad "younger player" Your also right 13 million is absurd. BUT i doubt there is anyone on our team that is making that kind of money. Jake Long is probably only making 9 and is the highest paid player on the team.

If you READ my post you will see that it says the opposite.

"I am NOT willing to sacrifice Bell so Wilson can move to SS and fail there"

And Pro Bowl don't mean squat these days. I'm not a fan of trying to replace every other player on this squad. IMO Bell should remain where he is. Simple as that. But I hear those who are not satisfied with his performance. But I believe Nolan will want him out there because Bell can be the playmaker.

As much as people defend Wilson for the lack of the front 7 not being solid, or our rookie DB's need time to develop, just as much of that argument can be made for Bell.

Back
Top Bottom