Walter Reyes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Reyes

Dphins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
This kid is real good he is out of Syracuse he has break away speed and power. If we decide to go LT or Dt in the first round then I would love it if we could get him in the early third. If he had an Oline this year he would have been considered for the heisman. He can catch the ball out of the backfield too. I think he is underated and might be the best back coming out of the draft.

He definitely isnt any where near the best back coming out in this draft. I take it you are a big Syracuse fan? I've never seen his name mentioned in the top 50 prospects in the draft, or among the top 5-10 RBs. I only saw him play in a couple of games, and he looked pretty good, especially against Notre Dame last year, but he isnt the top back coming out.

DonShula84 said:
He definitely isnt any where near the best back coming out in this draft. I take it you are a big Syracuse fan? I've never seen his name mentioned in the top 50 prospects in the draft, or among the top 5-10 RBs. I only saw him play in a couple of games, and he looked pretty good, especially against Notre Dame last year, but he isnt the top back coming out.

More than any postion I think RB is the hardest to predict untill these guys run in Indy. If Reyes came up with a great 40 number he could instantly leap frog in to the top 5 backs. If you look at Reyes's stats he is the only true prospect that has had a good season receiving to compliment his running. That year was in '03, and he was injured to end this season, so we will see. The SR class of RBs isn't that good this year. Benson(TX) and Williams(AUB) are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. That being said we have to wait, and see what JRs declare to have any idea how to rank these guys.

I would say right now I would say Cedrick Benson is a top 5 pick no matter what happens besides a huge injury against Michigan. His 40 time will only determine if he goes 1, 2, or 3. Williams and Brown from Auburn will need good 40 times to stay in the first round. JJ Arington I think will get the most attetion during the bowl games, and combine since he only had 1 big season, and, Cal runs a spread offense, but could easily shoot up to top 10. It will also be interesting to see if Deanglo Williams from Memphis declares early. If he runs what I think he will in the 40 could deffinitly be a late 1st rounder.

As far as the Dolphins are concerned with the RB prospects Benson would be the only one that could justify a top 5 pick from Miami. If they pass on him then they need to look at the smaller school kids, and find the steal of the draft.

Im usually against taking SU players because...they suck usually, and I can see it first hand because Im in NY...and I posted this in another thread...I would take him in the 3rd-4th rd and I got bashed!..lol.No love for him. I think Reyes will prove people wrong.

Back
Top Bottom