Walter Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Thomas

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Walter Thomas who is a defensive tackle? I read on another draft site that he is 6-4 and almost 370, but also and incredible athlete for his size. I don't know anything about him and was wondering if anyone has seen him play and has any insights?

All I could dig up on this guy was his scout.com player profile. He was a 3 star recruit coming out of HS, the 27th rated DT. I also read that he transfered from Oklahoma St and finished up at a community college before going pro early.

He is/was in the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star game. Not sure if they already played it.

Anyone that big should be able to clog the middle of the line with ease, but would like to know why he transfered to a CC program. also has his weight went out of control any because at 370 pounds did it just become high or was he around the 330 to 350 mark coming out of high school because if he has added say 40 or 50 pounds over the last year then weight could be a problem in the NFL for him

Anyone that big should be able to clog the middle of the line with ease, but would like to know why he transfered to a CC program. also has his weight went out of control any because at 370 pounds did it just become high or was he around the 330 to 350 mark coming out of high school because if he has added say 40 or 50 pounds over the last year then weight could be a problem in the NFL for him

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=789377

I guess he was 330 coming out, so he gained 40 lbs in college. Could be a problem potentially.

Anyone know anything about Walter Thomas who is a defensive tackle? I read on another draft site that he is 6-4 and almost 370, but also and incredible athlete for his size. I don't know anything about him and was wondering if anyone has seen him play and has any insights?
Great Blue North Draft Report covered The Texas vs The Nation All-Star game and this is what they said about him.
http://www.gbnreport.com/texasnationbowlreport.html

Day One:
Walter Thomas, DT, NW Mississippi CC – Unstoppable when he got a good push, showed a good spin move (!) and was astoundingly nimble for a guy his size (think Gabe Watson at his best during Senior Bowl practices last year – dancing bear). Seemed to tire, and then get second wind. Didn’t excel on every play but was dominant when he did. Got lots of individual coaching and encouragement. Talk of the scouts in the stands. Jags practically drooling on him
Day Two:
Walter Thomas (NW Mississippi JC) still stood out when he did everything right. I interviewed Walter - he’s a very shy kid who probably has no idea how much buzz he is creating.
Day Three:
Walter Thomas (DT – NW Mississippi CC) also had his daily share of astounding plays, absolutely destroying Jonathan Palmer (OL-Auburn) on one confrontation – Palmer has been one of the most outstanding OL all week.

Well, if we dont resign Holliday I wouldent mind taking him in the 4th or the 6th but from the way it sounds he very well may not be there..

Back
Top Bottom