Wanna blow our cap all to hell, but get a great WR to compliment Chambers?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanna blow our cap all to hell, but get a great WR to compliment Chambers??

Dolphins99Fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.larry-fitzgerald.com/articles/Fitzgerald-Jr-enters-NFL-Draft.htm

Randy Moss: Vikings could lose cash cow!
Did you know that Vikings Pro Bowl, record-setting receiver Randy Moss has not spoken to Head Coach Mike Tice in two months? After six seasons with the Vikings, Moss is hot about a few issues that are important to him. In his Vikings career, Moss has 525 receptions for 8,375 yards and has scored 78 touchdowns in six years.
Last season, Moss became the first player in NFL history with 1,000 yards receiving in each of his first six seasons in the NFL. He also set the team single-season record for receiving yards in one season with 1,632.
Moss also set an NFL record for most catches (525) and yards (8,375) in his first six NFL seasons. Moss is the first receiver in NFL history to average 100 yards and at least one touchdown over a 16-game NFL season.
I talked with Moss at halftime of the Cleveland vs. Minnesota Timberwolves basketball game last week at Target Center. Moss was sitting courtside supporting his friend, Timberwolves star Kevin Garnett, and getting a first-hand look at rookie sensation LeBron James.
Moss told me he's not happy about missing the playoffs for the third straight year, and that Tice upset him with some unfair comments directed at him. Who will ever forget how Tice cozied up to Moss in the latter part of the 2001 season, Dennis Green's last as head coach?
It was the same year that Korey Stringer died tragically in August in training camp. Tice became head coach primarily because he convinced tight team owner Red McCombs that he understood Moss and could control him.
Since Moss has been with the Vikings, the team has shattered attendance records every year. Six straight years the team has drawn an average of 512,500 fans for the first time in franchise history, despite the fact that McCombs has raised ticket prices every year. I know -- I'm a season ticket holder.
The team has sold more number 84 jerseys around the world in six years than any jersey in franchise history. Moss feels that Tice shattered their relationship after the season when Tice, after being critical of a column written by this reporter, characterized Moss as a "nut."
***Star Tribune*** columnist C.J. did a follow-up column titled "Big Fitz's review ticks off Tice." Tice was quoted as saying, "I was talking to Red last week, and I held my hands in a circle. I said if Randy's a nut, I really believe in my heart I have cracked 70 percent of it.
"I don't believe in my heart I'll ever crack 100 percent of it," Tice said, "but if I can get it between 85 and 88 percent cracked -- getting him to play better against crummy teams, getting him to play with more energy on the road and stuff like that -- than we'll win a championship because he's one of the best players in the league. And if he would deal with the media better and be more friendly, I would have about 88 percent of that nut cracked."
Moss is steamed about it, and well he should be. Again, Tice makes the cardinal mistake of a young coach criticizing his best player through the media and calling a man a nut. Last year, remember, Tice said, "Daunte Culpepper needs to be a better student of the game."
Moss may force the Vikings to trade him; he's had it with Tice calling him out personally and in a demeaning way. "He's putting the whole damn season on me?" Moss said. "That's bulls--t. I don't call the plays. I play every game, even with painful injuries. I've had enough."
Moss did not like the fact that the Vikings did not attempt to throw the ball to him deep, not once, in either the Chicago or Arizona games, both road losses to inferior teams. Moss felt the Vikings played into the hands of their opponents by playing conservative offensively.
Randy Moss to Atlanta? Moss and Michael Vick -- now that would be a tough ticket in hot Atlanta. With the April draft coming soon, who knows? One thing is certain: Moss has issues with Tice, and that means problems for the Vikings.

Im not holding my breath on this one too much, just found the post to be rather interesting.

Two firsts for Moss. No doubt.. This years and next years.. and even a second. cap would be the most amazing thing to happen in Miami since Ricky. But I think they will get rid of Tice before Moss.

Last edited by a moderator:
PFT wrote about this situation. They suspect that Dennis Green is using his good friendship with Fitzgerald Sr to drum up stuff like this cuz Green might try to make Moss a Cardinal. Imagine Moss and Boldin. That would be somethin to see.

PFT said Moss and Fitzgerald Jr though. I doubt that could happen, and besides why would they want it to with uber-rookie Boldin hanging around? If the Cards pulled it off somehow look for Spielman to not only call but show up on the Cardinals doorstep within seconds pleading on his hands and knees to trade us Boldin.

Even if we could get him, we don't have a QB that can get the ball to him.

Originally posted by Rebar71
Even if we could get him, we don't have a QB that can get the ball to him.

With Moss and Chambers at WR, McMichael at TE and Williams at Halfback, I think Brian Griese's dog could lead this team to the playoffs..

Like I said though, I'd be shocked if Moss is traded anywhere (won't be to Miami either) I just found the story to be interesting.

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan

With Moss and Chambers at WR, McMichael at TE and Williams at Halfback, I think Brian Griese's dog could lead this team to the playoffs..

Could Griese's dog complete passes while lying on his back? There would still need to be something done with the O-line.

Randy Moss isn't going anywhere. McCombs will make sure of that. Even if he was traded he makes way too much money for us to handle. Randy Moss will stay in Minnesota, and when they make the playoffs next year, this will be a dead issue.

unless they upgrade that defense they wont make the playoffs next year, theyll start 6-0 and then crumble as always

Back
Top Bottom