Wannstadt's press conference... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstadt's press conference...

bdwgroove

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Comments on game:

Felt that is was a good performance and an overall a step forward but we're not where we need to be yet. Pleased with D. Only 1 Defensive penalty, 4 missed tackles and 1 mental mistake (probably Price's touchdown).

Liked Fiedler's performance but sounded very disappointed with O-lines performance. Said that we have too many vets to be playing like this. Said Wade Smith played pretty good.

This week they will focus on Houston in practice with just a little time devoted to NO.

Loved Edwards play...called him a warrior. Still pleased with Henry.

Only injury of concern was Griese's toe with an MRI today. Fletch should play next week.

Very happy with Roundtree. Did mention the penalty from last week dropping him back a notch but sounded enthusiastic about him after last night.

Asked about OG but said he can't evaluate cause he ain't palying. Did say that they will only keep 5 WR. Said Tolver has best hands on team an has really impressed with yards after catch which was perceived as a weakness coming out of college. Loved the fact that Sam Simmons can play so many special teams positions and mentioned that's what Sam said when he was signed last year. Sounds like he's a lock to me.

Corey Jenkins will be back next week.

Said Seau has gotten better every game and was outstanding this game. Even took time to describe him taking on 2 blockers and making the tackle on 1 play.

That's it...enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like OG has no chance barring injury to make the team -- It is a shame -- People should not lose sight of the fact that he is a receiver that will attack the ball better than any other we have -- i.e., he would have made the catch Chambers failed to last night. He also never gets tackled by the first defender -- Of course, the easy reply to this is who should be cut to make room for OG -- I would say I like McKnight and Simmons but I would take OG over either of them.

I think Edwards sealed a spot on this team. They could try and trade Leonard Henry, if no takers they'll take their chances with the waiver wire. Edwards is just too valuable...excellent hands, excellent 3rd down runner, and the guy was a Pro Bowler before his knee injury which appears to be healed very well. He answered a lot of health questions this preseason when he stayed healthy the entire fricking time. If Ricky goes down (god forbid) this is the guy I want taking 20-25 snaps a game over a 4-5 game period. I felt this way last year but he looks even better this year, with Robert Edwards on this team if Ricky goes down for a short time I don't think we miss a beat...I really don't. I think with a featured role in this offense, Edwards could rush for 1300 yards.

JR Tolver has been flashing some very nice wares in these PS games and Dave is right, its his YAC thats most impressive because he was supposed to be the kind of guy who goes down as soon as he catches it in college. Sam Simmons I think should be our slot guy...find the soft spots in the middle for the first down. J-Mac needs to be on the field more...and if that means taking Chambers off the field some, I'm starting to think maybe thats what needs to be done.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think Edwards sealed a spot on this team. They could try and trade Leonard Henry, if no takers they'll take their chances with the waiver wire. Edwards is just too valuable...excellent hands, excellent 3rd down runner, and the guy was a Pro Bowler before his knee injury which appears to be healed very well. He answered a lot of health questions this preseason when he stayed healthy the entire fricking time. If Ricky goes down (god forbid) this is the guy I want taking 20-25 snaps a game over a 4-5 game period. I felt this way last year but he looks even better this year, with Robert Edwards on this team if Ricky goes down for a short time I don't think we miss a beat...I really don't. I think with a featured role in this offense, Edwards could rush for 1300 yards.

JR Tolver has been flashing some very nice wares in these PS games and Dave is right, its his YAC thats most impressive because he was supposed to be the kind of guy who goes down as soon as he catches it in college. Sam Simmons I think should be our slot guy...find the soft spots in the middle for the first down. J-Mac needs to be on the field more...and if that means taking Chambers off the field some, I'm starting to think maybe thats what needs to be done.

Damn CK, I could'nt have said any of that any better.
Exactly what I'm thinking.:D

Originally posted by ckparrothead

The thought that crossed my mind was the Dolphins were show casing Edwards to trade him, because he prob has the most value out of the TWO HB's.

Any which way we are set at HB. What was once our total weakness is now without a doubt one of our BIGGEST strengths as a football team, amazing.

Oliver...

I agree that Edwards is the only back on our roster that could fill in adequately if Ricky goes down (knock on wood) for any length of time, but I would like to see Henry kept too and go with 5 backs rather than cut him.

On the Tolver and Simmon's front...I want to see these guys get some PT this year. I'll be very disappointed with Wanny if they cut either of these guys in favor of OG. He's one hit away from another injury and we have he replacements on the roster right now...so let's move on.

Back
Top Bottom