Wannstedt is an idoit---period! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt is an idoit---period!

shane13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wanny reminds me of a punch-drunk fighter who doesn't know how to think on his feet. Why in the world would your rush your offense to the line of scrimmage to get a play off before the two-minute warning, when you're inside the other team's 15 yard line? In that situation, not only is it not a priority to save time, you actually WANT TO BURN TIME. There's no way you can use two minutes to go 15 yards! If we had succeeded, we would have left Peyton and Company too much time to go kick a field goal. Plus, if you let the clock run down to the two-minute warning, you can pull everyone aside, calm them down, run over assignments one last time, and make sure you get the play you want. That way maybe Ricky doesn't pick Wade Smith off his block, and maybe, just maybe, we get a shot at winning the game. What an idiot. He needs to be fired. Now. And, all of you "Jay Fiedler is the problem" proponents need to shut up officially at this point. I can't remember the last time Fielder fumbled the ball twice in one game, especially when he probably wouldn't have been hit that many times. Griese's feet remind me of two concrete blocks. He moves about as adeptly as my Great Aunt Edna. Sure, he can pass, but what good is it when you can't step up in the pocket to avoid a simple outside speed rush? Bottom line: Griese has no pocket presence, and while he brings a nice passing ability to the offense, the team is better off in Fiedler's hands.

Unless it was Wannstedt who told wade smith to suck today, it was not his fault.

Stop putting everything on him.

DAve Wannstedt did not miss tackles
Dave Wannstedt did not fumble the ball
Dave Wannstedt did not become a turnstile at Left Tackle granting free admission
Dave Wannstedt was not getting dominated by the defensive line when he ran the football

Any of you want to add to my "Dave WAnnstedt did not..." list feel free too....

For once, our loss wasnt because of Dave Wannstedt, so you need to SHUT your big YAPPER!

clear.gif

You mean our rookie LT, a position that Wanny knowingly failed to address in FA, got beaten by one of the better ends in football? No, that wouldn't have anything to do with Wanny, would it? And, had he just allowed the clock to run down to the 2-minute warning, as any high-school coach worth his salt would have done, that play might not have ever happened. Hell, just a few minutes earlier Wanny blew the timeout call. When you only have two timeouts left and there's 3 minutes in the game, you don't call timeout after the opposing team picks up 8 on first down. But, he was bailed out, as he is always bailed out, by the defense, which didn't give up the first down. He's a joke. He can't think. He's all rah-rah and no brain power.

I think they were forced to run a play, because the game clock would have run out at like 2:06. It would have been delay of game, which is a 5 yard penalty. Just clarfying that particular situation. Other than that, I agree with you ..... yes, Wannstedt is an idiot.

Do you even know how to read, "ultimatefinfan"? I never said Wanny missed any tackles. But, a coach IS responsible for the players on the field, and the blown calls he makes. Plus, using your logic, it would almost never be the coach's fault since the coach very rarely (read: NEVER) makes any plays on the field.

My television screen showed the ball being snapped at about 2:03 with :05 on the play clock. That's what I'm going by.

Any LT should be able to hold any DE for more than a second and a half, dont EVEN tell me thats wanny's fault, besides, what difference would it of made if they waited to the 2 minute warning, they were giving themselves an extra play by going ahead with it....and if we go along with shane's claim that it was 2:03 left with :05 left on the play-clock, you know that the fins had enough time to draw up a play, they didnt rush to the line and do hurry-up...

The time-out on defense was a good call by Tim Bowens, 5 free yards for the colts wouldnt of gotten the game even this far....

no offense, but when you call someone an idiot, you should at least spell the word "idiot" correctly

Pocket prescence?

What pocket? Freeny was all alone when he hit Griese. Griese had no pocket as such. Griese can't be blamed for the lack of protection.

Wanny can be blamed for not addressing the O-line with more priority than the defense he so loves. It needed less work than the LT position with Dixon potentially not returning (even at that time) and nobody to handle the O-Line's most important duties (RH QB's blind-side). That, however, doesn't make him "an idiot--period".

Originally posted by !PapaCrunk!
no offense, but when you call someone an idiot, you should at least spell the word "idiot" correctly

thanks for that one. I needed a good laugh today :lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

#1 - Blaming the loss on Wanny is ignorant.
#2 - Asserting that we did not attempt to address the LT position this offseason is also ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom