Wannstedt makes a whirlwind visit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt makes a whirlwind visit

alopez34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Does he honestly think that after watching his horrible coaching for the past few years that anyone from south florida will actually go to his team??/
I would not

Why is this here and what doesnt it have to do with the dolphins?

Let it go. He's gone! MOVE ON!

fitskin said:
leave wanny alone he knows way more about football than you do.

And Jay Fiedler is a better QB han all of us...its irrelevant.

Its his job to be 10000x better then us, so we have the right to complain when he, or anyone else in the sports world doesnt preform.

Wanny was here in Rochester, NY doing some recruiting a few weeks ago... ironically, while I was away in Florida.

He was paid millions to be a Coach not be clueless and he always said he was right and always had an excuse

The Wanny I hate:

228816-1.jpg

The Wanny I like(1,010 miles away from the Dolphins):

20050320jbPittWannstedt_450-1.jpg

Wanny was paid to bring a SB. I gurantee I could have got them to 4-12.... wait Wanny was at 1-7 wasn't he.

Fitskin... is that you again Wanny,..... changing names dosen't fool anybody. We know no real fan could defend him.

I looked at what picks he made compared to what I would have, along w/Fa moves and their contracts and a F'n wondering if all I have to do is bring cupcakes and an application to get the job.

Knowing football!!!!! Well I know against the Pats' a couple yrs back when Ricky had like 175 yds that you run #34 not pass w/ the Fiddler 3 times w/ 5:00 on the clock, punt from your endzone. (26yds) Let em score do it all the same and punt back w/2:00 left and givem great field position to tie. OT and 1 play and 85 yds later is a big ol "L"
Then another one at home, game tied 3:00 or so, we have the ball and run ricky for like 10-15 yds out of bounds. All our TO's and neal on the ball only to lose that game to. I have NEVER EVER seen another coach do that or even say you play for the OT at home w/ time on the clock and all the TOs'.

Nublar7 said:
The Wanny I hate:

228816-1.jpg

The Wanny I like(1,010 miles away from the Dolphins):

20050320jbPittWannstedt_450-1.jpg

This can't possibly be, Wanny is Wanny....they're all the same, there's no way you can view this from a different standpoint.

Those are just two. What about in Minny when Ricky was being very effective he went away from him and he blew that game to. He has a history of running the ball 45 times in a game w/ the rb has like 70 yds and then when the same guy breaks 100-125 early in a game he steers clear of him. He did it to L Smith against DET to. L Smith could have broke the single game record that game.

It is like the guy thinks a rb has 100 yds in him wheter it takes 2 carries or 52!!!!!!

Predaphin said:
This can't possibly be, Wanny is Wanny....they're all the same, there's no way you can view this from a different standpoint.

I know that I dislike him a bit less for no longer being around to ruin my favorite sports franchise.

good man/good coordinator/mediocre head coach...downfall not all his fault; huizenga kept his sorry a%$ and speilman was his stooge sidekick/also ricky wasn't exactly a salve for the wannstedt wound.

As much as I supported kicking his butt to the curb, I agree with those who suggest we move on. For one, he might very well be an Al Groh -- it's possible he could actually make for a good college coach.

I will say I think it's ironic how the man who ended Dan's career ended up at Dan's alma mater. It's really no more ironic than the fact that one former Panther forced another out, though. Mind you, I'm not suggesting Dan should have stuck around -- I think it's more likely that he stayed one year too long than he ended his career too early.

Back
Top Bottom