Wannstedt needs to go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt needs to go

shane13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
My brother, who's a die-hard Dolfan of 30 years, called me before yesterday's game, and we joyously described how entertaining and fulfilling this new season would be. It was like Christmas day, and Santa had been very good to us. Under the tree this year we found defensive additions such as Knight, Seau, and T-Buck. But defense wasn't the only side of the ball where our good behavior all year long was rewarded by the jolly, old, fat man in a suit. Darrius Thompson, if camp reports were to be believed, was pushing Chris Chambers for the top spot at wide receiver, looking as if the Redskins had made a huge mistake in casting aside his talent. Then the Texans came to town. The lowly Texans. The second-year franchise. The same team that set an NFL record for sacks allowed in the opening season. But, after 60 minutes of inneptitude only occasionally overcome by a spectacular play on the part of Chris Chambers or Ricky Williams, the Dolphins have been exposed. Our problems? Here's a short list:
1) Norv Turner is schizophrenic. On two drives yesterday, our offense looked unstopable. Pass to Konrad in the flat. Delayed dump-off to Ricky. McMichael over the middle. Slant to Chambers. But, for the most of the game, the offense consisted of the same, pathetic, predictable plays. If you don't believe that, have another look at the stats and score. Which is it Norv? An offense that feeds the ball to multiple threats and spreads the field? Or an offense that a second-year franchise can make look inept?
2) The Jamar Fletcher experiment should be halted immediately. Not only does the kid not have the physical skills to step in for Sammy or Pat, he doesn't even have the mental capabilities. That face-mask penatly yesterday, the one where he attempted to perform dental surgery on a Texan wide-out, was totally unacceptable in that situation.
3) Charlie Rogers might be the most-overrated return man in the game. My Aunt Edna could have gained that many return yards yesterday.
4) Sam Madison, despite being one of my favorites and a top-notch cover corner, couldn't tackle a box lunch.
5) Our defense seems better prepared to mug it up for the cameras after a nice play in the first quarter than set a tone they can keep all game. It would be nice to see Seau or Thomas or Taylor jumping up and down and screaming in the 4th quarter after a nice play as opposed to looking like the Keystone Cops in their most famous film "Bend But Don't Break."
6) And, most important, Dave Wannstedt has to go. Bottom line: we had all off-season to prepare for the Texans. Wanny had all off-season to incorporate a bunch of talent and to game plan. We were at home. We had a sell-out crowd. We were hosting a second-year franchise. Yesterday only confirms what many have been arguing for a long time. He's not head-coach material.

Well put Shane! He did not have us ready to play, and I think we overlooked them!

From articles and reports a Dolphin player told Jabbar Gaffney that maybe they should get together after "PRACTICE"! If that doesn't tell you something I don't know what does.

I wish we had treated this a the 5th pre season game. Wanny could have put the second string in for the 2nd half. They're the only ones who showed they could play during pre season.

Back
Top Bottom