Wannstedt on the Texans match-up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt on the Texans match-up

zach13

Mad Dog
Reaction score
I heard Wanny on WQAM this morning

- He said that they had broken down the film of every texans game from last year and from the preseason of this year.

- he also expected the Texans to show them some new things that they had not shown before

- likewise, the Dolphins will be showing some new wrinkles

- he expected that Madison will get most of the work against Johnson given that is where they usually line him up.

- he thought special teams play would be key as the Dolphins have had tremendous turnover in their ST squad

- He expressed a lot of confidence in Wade Smith but said that he will get some help at times

It did not seem, at all, that they are taking this game lightly..

Good.......we all know you can't take any NFL team lightly or it will bite you in the rear.............I believe the key will be the defense and RW not special teams.

We lost some key contributors on the special team squad this year, hopeffuly some young guys will step up.

Nothing new in what he said

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
We lost some key contributors on the special team squad this year, hopeffuly some young guys will step up.

Nothing new in what he said

Hopefully we lost the guys that did all the holding and other stupid penalties. Special teams sucked last year.

They have a very solid Defense, I'm going to be more curious to see how our offense responds. I know our D will play well. I want to see the passing game click when they stick 9 in the box to stop Ricky.

Originally posted by Phin73
They have a very solid Defense, I'm going to be more curious to see how our offense responds. I know our D will play well. I want to see the passing game click when they stick 9 in the box to stop Ricky.

they are going to bring the house to stop ricky and play tight coverage as much as possible i would imagine. the ussual suspects.

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
They will blitz, drop into zone coverages, and do the regular Dom Capers stuff.

Yep, they're basically an early warmup for the Pat's D. I'm glad we saw Atlanta's D earlier.

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
They will blitz, drop into zone coverages, and do the regular Dom Capers stuff.

DW also said that the Texans had the #3 defense on 3rd downs last year.

They excel at bringing the blitz on 3rd down and disrupting the play.

Screens and short posts will take care of the blitzes on 3rd down conversions. Thanks ZachSeau for the report and I too am glad that they haven't put that game away yet. From what the rooks were saying on FinsTV, they all watch film together now instead of splitting into groups like before. This way they can all put their input into they're seeing, the weaknesses of teams and such.

Originally posted by zachseau13

DW also said that the Texans had the #3 defense on 3rd downs last year.

They excel at bringing the blitz on 3rd down and disrupting the play.

Then we better excel at passing on 3rd downs ;).

I am predicting CC over 100 yards and DT about 65.

Back
Top Bottom