Wannstedt Stops Practice Again....offensive Futility. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt Stops Practice Again....offensive Futility.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello Everyone....

Just wanted to let everyone know that I did attend yesterday's final Quarterback School 2 practice.....and it was as about as exciting as watching some new fresh paint---start to dry on the walls.

Like I stated before----this TURNER offense is quite diverse....and its going to take some time. But still-----it would be nice, even now.....if the OFFENSE showed more consistency....the ability of putting together a package of plays together....to move the darn football down the field.

As it stands right now-----the DEFENSE looks like they know exactly what NORV is trying to do with the offense....as they seem to have blanket coverages.....and whats most disturbing---from my point of view---is that the DEFENSIVE LINE....is really getting a good push against the offensive line.....very often---disrupting the Quarterbacks decision making. The offense-----and I am really talking about the PASSING GAME only.....right now.....is down right pathetic.....but its going to improve....I am just telling you where the heck it is right now....in the land of the lost...with WILL, HOLLY, and all the rest of the Sleestacks.

There was a stretch of about 4 plays in a row.....where the offense showed the coaches....an off-side....a dropped ball....a busted-play....and a sack where JASON TAYLOR beat MARCUS SPRIGGS so quickly....he would have had belted the earring off the ear of QB RAY "BAN" LUCAS...if the pads were on.

Well.....after these 5 minutes of futility.....and seeing enough.....it was then right now.......that WANNY would blow the whistle and huddle up the entire squad....for a rally cry.....for some type of RHYTHYM...or any type of a HEARTBEAT on this offense.

There is no question.....the offensive passing game is struggling mightily right now.....even JAY FIIEDLER....who has the best grasp on the playbook by far....but he too---is lacking in...consistency. I think that RAY LUCAS....is making the most noise...as far as big-plays...big throws is concerned.....but he is taking too much time....in releasing the football. He is thinking too much. And CADE McNown......who did make the ONLY big play that I saw....a TD completion to JAMES McDROPS.....conitnued to remind all HUNTERS that DUCK SEASON is coming upon us. I don't think WANNYs recent pep talk really made that much of a difference in this camp....he just can't throw consistent spirals. As far as LEVCIK is concerned....yes...he has a big arm.....but is he that much better than CADE or KUSTOK right now? Without the hitting....who really knows? Right now....all the QUARTERBACKS are on the same class......with FIELDER having the highest grades....mainly due....to his know where the ball has to go....mentality....with regards to this offense. The passes may not be completed.....but JAY's decisions are accurate. With time....and repetition....there is the light at the end of the tunnel.

In conclusion........it was not a great day for analyzing...and breaking down players. The defense is flying around....and the offense.....everybody execept for one man.....RICKY WILLIAMS.....could be found on the post office wall---as MISSING...have you seen this player lately?

If you would like.....you can still ask me anything you want...regarding any player.....I did ask a ton of questions to the beat reporters and DREW ROSENHAUS.....who said that the Dolphins would rather wait on the status of MARCO COLEMAN....before considering the counter-proposal from ROB BURNETT's agent. Coleman is younger....and that is the main factor here......but the Dolphins are also wary of what COLEMAN will want to play here. If the money is equal with regards to BURNETT.....the answer will be COLEMAN.

ALEX MARVEZ said the the DOLPHINS may explore signing MICHAEL WESTBROOK. DREW says that KEENAN MCCARDELL will be a BUCCANEER.....and that the VIKINGS will be signing ALEXANDER.

I thought that ROBERT BAKER was impressive on offense...with RICKY and ALONZO MAYES....also doing some nice things. I also thought that ROB KONRAD and JAMES McKNIGHT were somewhat active....they get a lot of action...and movement in this offense.

On defense.....some great plays by MERLON GREENWOOD, DAvid BOWENS, Adawale Ogungleye, and ARTURO FREEMAN. OMAR "SWEET AND" LOWE made a great play also. I would like to see JAMES ATKINS and AL WALLACE...when the pads come on...they show something.

I did not see that much improvement from last time.....where BRENT SMITH and MARCUS SPRIGGS is concerned. They are both struggling with the quick, defensive ends.

RAY GREEN.....has cooled down.....to normal...this camp...from what I heard. He was not as active...but still is doing fine.

JAMIE NAILS is still doing a good job...and will make this team.

CHRIS CHAMBERS did not work much....he was kept out...but he was runnning.

Nobody I talked to....expects the DOlphins to release anyone....come JUNE 1st. We are in good shape....salary-cap.

RANDY MCMICHAEL continues to drop passes.....he is not impressing for whatever reason.

JED WEAVER is working with first team....MAYES...the second.

MAYES is indeed struggling with this conditioning...and if that does not impove.....he will not be in any position to start. The coaches are bringing out the kitchen sink....all the analogies to motivate him.

SHAWN DRAPER is going to be a goner very soon....he is not cutting it in this offense.

ANd one final note......Where does TRAVIS MINOR fit in....with this offense? He is very inactive out there. ROBERT EDWARDS is the backup....if he is healthy....and RICKY is not coming out of the game on third downs....

Any Questions....ask me. DCH

dch, whats up...if spriggs and smith continue to struggle will we bring BROCKERMEYER in???? also, what are your thoughts on WESTBROOK?... obviously he knows the system and is still young but i believe he is injury prone...i really hope we can get coleman back...thanks dch, jd

DCH that's disheartening...

we need a LT that can give Jay some time to make reads or Norv's passing O will be as useless as Chan's and MICHAEL WESTBROOK will not help it :eek: Those Sleestacks were pretty scary when I was a kid ;)

I really like Minor and worry about RW breaking down in Dec. I really hope Norv re-considers - the 'Boys never had a decent 3rd down back to replace Smith with.

thanks

:)

and forgot - I doubt Coleman will come here as a backup - thought ?

he will probably end up in philly with troy vincent...philly has a lot of cap room and he would probably start there...

I HAVE HEARD.....THE FOLLOWING.

jd..... I hear that the 49ers have the inside track to sign BLAKE BROCKMYER. He is still not healthy though. It appears he wants to stay out west.....and it appears he is looking at SF and DENVER....with the Dolphins....a distant third. The Dolphins are still interested though.

As far as COLEMAN coming in as a backup........whoever the DOlphins do sign......they envision this guy coming in the same way that former DE TRACE ARMSTRONG did.....which of course....means lots of playing time. Another plus for both of these guys.,...is that both genuinely would not mind coming in here.....as a backup DE. Both have stated that they would welcome plaing here....under any circumstances.

It really comes down to how much money they are willling to sign for.....that is all there is too this. Whoever signs the deal the DOlphins want first.....will win this spot on the roster.

DCH

DCH...............

is that the DEFENSIVE LINE....is really getting a good push against the offensive line.....very often---disrupting the Quarterbacks decision making.

i sure hope this is corrected, that was the major problem last year!:rolleyes:

Sleestacks, Land of The Lost LOL

Oh, the Saturday morning memories;

lotlheader-1.gif

I wouldn't be alarmed about Smith and Spriggs just yet. Obviously, I don't mean that from a recovery standpoint. But this is what happens every year in mini-camp. The LTs struggle with Jason Taylor and Co.

I remember watching it happen last May, when Jason Taylor and Bromell where just eating Brent Smith, Spriggs, and Todd Wade alive. They were either putting them on their asses or just flat out running around them. Then when training camp came around and the pads came on, it was a different story (although Bromell was still getting pressure in pads). Spriggs was out there planting guys (I watched Smith go down on the first day). I mean, Spriggs was putting Taylor on his butt.

So I'm reserving judgement until late July. It's just different when the pads come on. The OLmen aren't using any of their dirty tactics. And the DLmen don't have to worry about a lot of the additional contact they'll see with pads on. We'll see what happens.

All I know is that Miami will carry four running backs because Henry has been a surprise player.Minor will have plays design for him where he might line up as WR.Turner has alot of weapons to use this year and I hhope he find way to utilize every one ...

Everyone has to remember that Travis Minor has a pulled hamstring, and was not supposed to do much in this camp.

Also I want to agree with Muck...mini camp is a huge advantage for the DE.

EVERYTHING will change during TC.

The D is usually ahead of the offense early in the year - especially when the team is trying to learn a new offensive playbook.

Spriggs is terrible. You better hope he isn't starting this year, or it may be a long season for Fiedler & Co.!

Back
Top Bottom