Wannstedt's "Day After" press conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt's "Day After" press conference

wrong press confrence. Whats Wanny have to say about yesterdays game. He's on the hot seat.

Originally posted by Sherif
wrong press confrence. Whats Wanny have to say about yesterdays game. He's on the hot seat.

He's on the hot seat after 2 preseason games????? poor guy.

Wanny has to control these penalties and the special teams is going to perform like this during the season. Royals is not Matt Turk. I believe the league was focusing on making the linemen get on the line of scrimage yesterday so that can be corrected. I believe Wannys doing a good job on defense. We need correction on special teams mainly. We had a penalty on holding on two kick returns. Turk and Westhoff will be missed.

Wanny is on the hotseat unless this team gets past where it got the last 2 years. A blowout in the divisional round will mean he's either out or has one more chance.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/home/home_index.html

the link is working now. Wanny defending Fiedler again said, "Jay was making the right reads after watching the film that he was just off a little." Jay had a wide open Konrad when he threw to Chambers for the int. so thats not right. The radio announcers were saying Jay should have thrown to Konrad

The press confernece is up now... basicaly this is what he covered.....

Jay... Made good reads and tried to throw to the right guys.. was just off with timing.. needs more work.

Special Teams... The blocked punt takes away from some good things.. Otherwise the special teams were very good.. good returns..

Defense... Was very good without alot of starters.. Gave up TD after int gave NO ball on 29 yd line... gave up FG after giving ball on 50 and only allowing 1 1st down.

Running game... gonna have to work hard at it this year but will be good..

Changes to Starting lineup... will meet today and changes will take place at tomorow's practice..

Baker and AJ.... looking very good on returns.. almost took a couple back..

This week will work Minor and Ogden on returns..

McMichael looked great...

These are quotes from Wandstead.. I did not see the game so don't flame me...

Changes to Starting lineup... will meet today and changes will take place at tomorow's practice..

This is what I can't wait to find out. Did Spriggs fail his first and final test? Did Nails disappoint when finally given the start? Has Searcy beaten Perry or has Perry held onto his job? Did O-Guns show Dave what he wanted to see when we decided to start him or will Dave go with D.Bo or with Jay Williams? Jay Williams has most definitely secured a spot as a passrushing defensive tackle on pass downs(the formation gave the Saints FITS when we went to it from what I hear). Has Justin Seaverns made the team with his impressive 9 tackle performance starting 3 quarters in place of Zach Thomas, Tommy Hendricks, and Scott Galyon? I do realize that Seaverns had some serious coverage miscues but he's an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE for cryin out loud and its preseason. Has Ernest Grant impressed enough to keep his roster spot or will it be handed to a very impressive looking Henry Taylor (who I believe recovered a fumble called back on a holding call on Jamar Fletcher). Levcik or Kustok? Who starts gettin more reps?

Will all that be announced at the next practice. Here's what I think OL will be Dixon, Smith, Ruddy, Perry, and Wade. No changes. Watching the Rams tonight and the announcers, Collinsworth and Aikman rave about the third string RB makes me realize it's not the RB that Rams OL is great at pass blocking and run blocking. Our OL needs revamping from the core IMO. Ruddy isn't moving any DT's. Wade is doing a good job pass blocking but has been a no show for run blocking. These guys need to open some holes for RW either in the middle or on the perimeter.

Back
Top Bottom