Wanny is a drunk driver of this franchise | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny is a drunk driver of this franchise

maswe12

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been mentioned on the board before, but I just registered and need to get this off my chess. The Dolphins will pay for not firing Wanny last season. I firmly believe that he never should have gotten this job in the first place, and if anyone wants to see what this team will look like in 5 years--take a look at Chicago.

Wanny has never proven himself to be more than an average defensive coordinator in this league. He gets jobs because he is nice and his buddies hook him up. After what he did in Chicago he never should have gotten another chance, but Jimmy put him in place here and sealed our miserable fates for the next 5-10 years. Let's look at what he has done since he got here.

-Fired established and successful coaches to put his friends on the staff. Westhoff was one of the best ST coaches in this league, and because he and Wanny weren't the best of friends, Wanny sent him packing. The result--a horrendous special teams effort night in and night out, dumb penalties, and poor field position. Its one thing if his friends were good coaches, but to kick out a Dolphin establishment for the crap he replaced it with is inexcusable.

-His draft history is atrocious. Year in and year out the team has the same holes, and year in and year out Wanny pays no attention to them. Examples: Jamar Fletcher--We are desperate for a WR and had other big holes and he goes and chooses a CB to back up Surtain and Madison, arguably our strongest position. Its one thing to take the best player available, but to take a low rated player at Wanny's whim is insane. Is there not someone to watch over him and overule his maddness? The biggest problem is that he wont accept his mistake and cut Fletcher--rather he plays him more and more and it is like rubbing salt in a would. Teams target fletcher like a lion hunts down a sick gazelle.

He did it again this year. I dont care that Eddie Moore got hurt. If you are going to have the balls to pick a guy that isnt a big need on the team, he better be by far the best player available on the board. But to ignore GIANT holes on the O-Line and at wide receiver, to reach for a guy projected to go (at highest) in the 5th round. At best he would be 2nd string, where we could have gotten starters on the O-line or at WR. Why is it that year after year the same holes exist, and year after year, Wanny ignores them to reach for a guy at a position we do not need. This is going to come back and bite us in the butt. What is going to happen in 5 years when all of Jimmy's picks are retired or old---ricky will be leaving his prime--we are going to have nothing-- we will be the bears.

- This team is constantly ill prepared for games. They dont just get penalties, but they get them at the worst of times. This lack of discipline has to fall back on the coach. He is supposed to prepare them for the games--and get them to avoid getting flags. This does not happen. Furthermore, they have no idea how to use Ricky. He needs to run the ball 25 times a game--ESPECIALLY when we have a lead. Fiedler isnt a good QB but I think he is good enough...we just need to utilize what we have effectively...Unfortunately we think passing is the best way to run out clock.

-He doesnt get to the team. Sure he may be a nice guy--but a nice guy isnt a good coach. Everytime this team plays a big game...we lose. What does Wanny do...he says that it will be motivation for next year or some garbage like that. But he is 100% of taking losses and using them to push the team. Look at yesterday...we follow up the new england stinker with an even worse performance. The guys on the team may not have heart...but that is completely a reflection of the coaching staff. If these guys were all losers, they wouldnt have made it this far. It is the coach's job to get them pumped and ready to play. You need leaders on the team too, but it all starts with the coach.

-He doesnt admit his failures. Fletcher was by all means a miserable failure. So cut ties with him. Don't leave him because you are afraid of looking bad. Don't come out and support Royals. If he were confident in his punter( and in the O-line) you don't think about doing anything but run when running some clock. Two games in a row---and the best RB does not see the ball. Why be afraid to run out clock and if you have to--punt--its not that bad if you get rid of clock. But with Ricky in the backfield you should never hesitate to run.

What happens now? I firmly believe the season is lost because we gave Wanny another chance (thought so before yesterday's debacle). I hate that decision so much, I cannot get started on it. This is the most talented team we've had in at least 10 years and it WILL be wasted by a horrible horrible horrible coach. Do we fire him today? Doing that would reallybe like giving up on the season...you cant really do it in football and I dont think Norv Turner is the answer either. But, tf we go 0-3 I do think we should fire Wanny anyways--put Norv in there for the year and look for a permanant replacement in the offseason. I am so scared for what will happen this season, I am hoping that maybe struggling now isnt the worst thing that can happen, but I know that as long as wanny is there we will not win. His record is an indication of the players he has had--not his coaching--I can think of 15 coaches that would have gotten Dolphins teams of the past 4 years at least one super bowl win. He sucks...he is driving this team into the ground and it will really show in the rebuilding years after he leaves.

Sorry--had to get that off my chest. I dont think its jumping off the bandwagon, just my dissapointment for a team ignoring the clear indications of a coach that is aching to be fired.

Back
Top Bottom