Wanny & Jay's record vs. teams with WINNING records | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny & Jay's record vs. teams with WINNING records

dorologio

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know off hand what record our two heroes have against teams that are above .500 in the last 4 years? I'm willing to bet its not good. All of the Dave and Jay supporters keep pointing to the W/L column as an unquestionable paramount of why they should stay. And I'll admit, it is impressive, and I too have been a Jay and Dave fan at one point or another, ESPECIALLY Jay. He is heroic until his last final breath, but he's he's out of air gentleman. As for Dave...

Now, I know I'm new here, but a great record over 4 years with a losing one against good teams points to one thing; a lack of the intangibles. Like strengthening heart (not just HAVING heart, we all know they have that), grasping fate, and mind-f**king the opponent every once in a while. This, gentlemen, is what Dave does not have. To the Supporters of the Occupation that say "well Dave can't go out and make the tackles and make the field goals!", you are right. But he can do a damn better job making our players BELIEVE that THEY can.

Sorry for the long rant, but I wanted to finally chime in on a site I have grown to love this year. I have listing to you guys all year long, and it's good to know there are some smart fans out there. (Even the Supporters of the Occupation.)

-dominic

Welcome to the Assylum!

:welcome:

Aww, thanks for the warm welcoming feelings. Serously, I'm getting scarred that Wayne is just going to get a GM and give Dave one more year. I couldn't take another year of excuses.

Funny..

I just posted this answer on the Dave' Record thread about 20 min ago..

hes 14-19

Originally posted by dorologio
Aww, thanks for the warm welcoming feelings. Serously, I'm getting scarred that Wayne is just going to get a GM and give Dave one more year. I couldn't take another year of excuses.
speilman should be promoted to gm there is no reason why he should not detroit is really wanting him there. wayne needs to wake up befor we lose him.as for dave i want him gone as well but if wayne decides to retain him (sickning) he should on the promise that jay must be let go or go to the back-up role and address the offense or we will see you later dave its been real.

I guess 14-19 to losing teams isn't bad, if you play to be "competitive." I'm sick off getting my heart broken and making excusses. It's tough love time. Thanks for the record info by the way.

I fully agree with keeping Speilman. And yes, if Dave stays, I'm sure it's with the caviate that Jay must be put in the backseat. Which is too bad, I've alays pulled for Jay and WANTED to see him succed, but the talent is not there. If only one could stay with the franchise, it should be Jay (as a back up). He kept us in games the last 4 years more than Dave ever did. Well, except for all those 4th quarter ints.

Need to check your stats!

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
Funny..

I just posted this answer on the Dave' Record thread about 20 min ago..

hes 14-19

For wins against teams with .500 or better for that year played.

I believe DW is 19-23 (.450 win %)

Belichik tenure with NE is 20-20 (.500 %)

Parcells when he was with NE is 21-26 (.446 %)

J. Gruden last 4 years is 17-17 (.500 %).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my one problem with Davie is his notorious positive attitude. I'm sorry, but when you lose to the Texans, I really think a long nasty lecture, some calling out and yelling are in order. His whole 'let's not get down on ourselves, let's play better next week', 'no one is to blame, let's just re-focus' just doesn't work. If someone blew the game, that person needs to know he did. He needs to know where his mistake lies so he may correct it the following week. I think Dave's positive demeanor does more masking the problem rather then exposing it and correcting it.

We need a ball buster. I'd actually love to have Jimmy back. He tried to hard too quickly with a dwindling Marino and didn't like the lack of major success. Jimmy made this defense, Jimmy had a decent Oline going but Yatil Green was a major flop and Marino thru to many interceptions for touch downs. The lack of running game also frustrated Jimmy. So i think all we need is a 2-3 new line man, a QB (love to see Sage's ability) and 1 receiver all being guided by a more aggressive, offense minded ball buster.

I'm so tired of watching the Fins get 14-20 points in the first half only to call the more conservative, boring, scared running plays all 2nd half. That puts too much pressure on the defense and allows the other team plenty of time to come back. Rather then adding another 2-3 scores which would make it nearly impossible for the other team to come back not to mention aid the defense.

It's not so mush Dave sucks, as much as is it just needing a change. A more offensive change and a change of attitudes. It's the same when Shula left, he was great and so was Jimmy, we just needed a change.

I hope we get that change soon.

Back
Top Bottom