Wanny Says Defense Will Change It Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny Says Defense Will Change It Up

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
As the Dolphins begin their December run, Wannstedt is wary of having his defense become too predictable. The coach believes one of the reasons the Dolphins have struggled in past Decembers is because the defense doesn't make enough changes late in the year.

Same link as Tolver thread.

Anyway, this is very nice to hear. They are specifically going to try and not be predictable. And we have been seeing it since the Baltimore game.

hmm i wonder if we should.. dare i say BLITZ?

this zone D has sucked... the last few weeks it seems we've given up more points in the last few games, then the most of the season.

I say blitz as well.

It may be hard for that line to dig in deep to block us in the snow.

I've never played in snow so I have no idea, but if it's anything liek that crappy *** dirt..then yes..blitz.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
hmm i wonder if we should.. dare i say BLITZ?

this zone D has sucked... the last few weeks it seems we've given up more points in the last few games, then the most of the season.

:o Actually this zone Defense has been a success. Why do you think we rank so well in points given up? We mite give up 35 yard passes every now and then, but it's better then giving up 4 TDs a game.

well blitzing brady wont really be to wonderful as he has thouse quick dumps and screens.. we need to see man to to man up close with the saftys helping big time in the zones. let T-Buck blitz on nickel downs.

Originally posted by Mindwarp
well blitzing brady wont really be to wonderful as he has thouse quick dumps and screens.. we need to see man to to man up close with the saftys helping big time in the zones. let T-Buck blitz on nickel downs.

I disagree, force Brady to throw quickly without going through his progressions and he will make mistakes,

Originally posted by Prime Time

:o Actually this zone Defense has been a success. Why do you think we rank so well in points given up? We mite give up 35 yard passes every now and then, but it's better then giving up 4 TDs a game.

not really... they have been doing a lot of Man to man, and mixing in zone. it was a great combo. but ever since Surtain got hurt, miami has clearly tried to help by doing more zones.. when we don't we see surtain burned like against washington.

Back
Top Bottom