Wanted: BIG TIGHT END Payoff: SUPER BOWL!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanted: BIG TIGHT END Payoff: SUPER BOWL!!!

Dolphin Dan

Alright, MIAMI!
Reaction score
The fins need to concentrate on getting a big fast tight end to be the final piece to a good offense. To truly make Turner's offense work, the dolphins need a good running game (Williams), a QB who can do just enough and knows how to win(Fiedler) and a big TE who can make the tough catches over the middle(?)

After Williams gets hurt in week 2 and Fiedler is exposed for what he really is, things will come together..........and don't give me any crap about Chambers.....He needs to have more then 5 good games before I anoint him the second coming of Jerry Rice....Plus your O-line still sucks. Don’t get me wrong, You have an above average defense and they will help you to a great start……that always happens. But then it will slow down because the defense is too small and the big cold weather teams will slam the ball down your throat. Plus Williams hasn’t stayed healthy for an entire season in his career……Why would he start now?????????? More holes then you think!!!!!

It seems like the hundredth time we have gone over this.....
Welcome to the boards Dan, where not one position has escaped the fine toothed comb. ;)
Wannstedt, at this point is ready to go with Alonzo Mayes who is finally healthy, and Jed Weaver who is a good receiving tightend but not much of a blocker. Shawn Draper is also an option but he is a second year player trying to make a switch from OT to TE. It's a little experiment that we won't see until the preseason.
I haven't heard of any TEs coming in for FA visits and I haven't heard that we are looking at any.
I think that with konrad and Minor, along with three receivers and Weaver, Jay will have plenty of targets to throw to......and if Mayes turns out to be everything Wanney thinks he is, he would take Weavers' spot and we could disguise our plays better. ie: Weaver in=pass, Mayes in= run or pass.
I'm just hoping Dave is right about Alonzo, because by the time we find out, we may be reduced to picking off the TE scrap heap for a capable player.

Originally posted by Billsfan
After Williams gets hurt in week 2 and Fiedler is exposed for what he really is, things will come together..........and don't give me any crap about Chambers.....He needs to have more then 5 good games before I anoint him the second coming of Jerry Rice....Plus your O-line still sucks. Don’t get me wrong, You have an above average defense and they will help you to a great start……that always happens. But then it will slow down because the defense is too small and the big cold weather teams will slam the ball down your throat. Plus Williams hasn’t stayed healthy for an entire season in his career……Why would he start now?????????? More holes then you think!!!!!

Out of all the receivers taken in the first round last year, name me one who has shown more potential than Chambers. He may not be the second coming of Jerry Rice,but I'll bet he is the second coming of Eric Moulds.

Pay close attention to this part...RT, Todd Wade, RG Leon Searcy, C Tim Ruddy, LG Mark Dixon, LT Brent Smith.....that could be our opening day line up, and it doesn't include the possibilty of signing Tom Ackerman or whatever lineman we draft in the third round or Todd Perry(last years starter) who will back up Searcy. Now I don't know how extensive your football knowledge is but it doesn't take a genius to see that that could be a good O-line.

As far as Ricky staying healthy, he has as good a chance as anybody in the league, at not getting injured. Injuries can happen to anybody and if you could predict them you would be rich. So saying he will be injured by the second game of the season is, at best, a guess, but in your case, it's just a dream. Since you are already wrong about him never having played a full season( he started every game in 2001), I would bet that you are wrong about this too, but thanks for playing.

Question: What is the worst possible result of an orgasm?

Answer: A Buffalo Bills fan.:lol:

Re: Wanted: BIG TIGHT END

What's wrong with a regular tight end? Big tight ends usually end up as wide receivers.:goof: Sorry, I just had to increase the juvenile delinquency level on this board a tad.:D

Good thing we dont need a second coming of Jerry Rice! A first coming of Chris Chambers could prove to be even better! And as far as the "Big cold weather teams" slamming the ball down our throat, you mean like buffalo has the past couple of seasons! Go slap yourself for being a waste of a good orgasm!............... InFinsible that was priceless! Im still laughing!!!!

We will be good on the inside easily if everyone stays healthy and Wade is good, but the jury is still out on Smith. I haven't really seen him do anything.

RT, Todd Wade,
- 2nd season, we'll see
RG Leon Searcy,
-This guy hasn't played in 2 seasons....are you nutz.
C Tim Ruddy,
- If Ruddy is so good, why did you go after Kreutz
LG Mark Dixon,
- good Guard
LT Brent Smith
- Not exactly a great LT

You had a bad OL last year and you didn't change much.....Plus you have Marcus Spriggs and Jamie Nails.....very funny they suck

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Good thing we dont need a second coming of Jerry Rice! A first coming of Chris Chambers could prove to be even better! And as far as the "Big cold weather teams" slamming the ball down our throat, you mean like buffalo has the past couple of seasons! /B]

So your team hasn't tanked at the end of the last 7 seasons?????? Wasn't that Miami that Got pounded by Denver, Jax, Oakland in the playoffs........Miami is 8-2 every year and they finish no better then 10-6.

Tanking in the playoffs is all that matters...........have fun

And I'm not sure How Buffaloes did in the playoffs but Buffalo hasn't made it in two years.......Also Ice.....I was rounding off......I guess I could have gone to a web site and got the exact numbers but I figured I would just guesstimate........Sorry I was one win off......

You want exact figures……You got em.

1997 – start the season 7-4 finish 9-7
1998 – start the season 7-3 finish 10-6
1999 – My personal favorite, start the season 8-2 (with 2 loses to Buffalo) finish 9-7 and lose 62-7 to J-ville in the playoffs (I watched every second of the game……..LOVED IT.
2000 – start the season 8-2 then 10-3 and finish 11-5
2001 – Start 9-3 finish 11-5 (With the help of my Bills running for the bus)

Also since 1990 the Bills have had a better record then Miami in 6 seasons, a worse record in 4 seasons and same record in 2. I think the Bills have held their own. Just can’t shake the Superbowl loses and I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom