Warming up to Waddle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warming up to Waddle

Add Waddle and Anthony Schwartz in the draft and sign John Ross to a cheap free agent deal and you have enough speed to force corners and safeties to give big cushions pre-snap and be weary of sneaking up in run support due to fears of getting beat deep. Add those to a few legit running threats and Miami would have defenses on their heels week in and week out.

In all seriousness there are a number wrs in this draft with decent enough speed that would look good as a 3rd or 4th option that stretches the field. Schwartz reminds me of a younger and faster version of Kenny Stills.

Last edited:
Waddle is definitely better than Chase imo, not better than Smith though. I'd prefer not to spend both of our 1st rounders on WR's, so I'm only drafting Waddle if we decide to pass on Smith.

I want D.Smith and an additional explosive Waddle-like player. It's obvious one of the keys to a great offense is to be tons of talent.
This notion of only "one" fast guy is ridiculious.
Why can't we have a stable of talent after talent after talent?

Even two top receivers isn't enough. Saw that in the SB. I agree, don't need All-Pro talent, but NO JAGs

Waddle is so enticing because we can all see what Tyreek Hill can do.

waddle is a great player but Smith is probably the better pure receiver as of now

I would be happy with either one but it would be so awesome to get Smith or Chase even, and then Eskridge later on and hope he can give us some of the same stuff that Waddle would

You're probably not getting Eskridge with our late 2nd round pick. That guy is going late 1st and early 2nd at the latest.

Even two top receivers isn't enough. Saw that in the SB. I agree, don't need All-Pro talent, but NO JAGs

This league is all about match-ups! Personally i was shocked that KC couldn't find a "3rd" guy after Hill/Kelece were schemed out of the SB. Bottomline you almost need to have 3 deep minimum recieving targets to have a potent offense.

If Waddle didn't have better hands than Rondale Moore, I'd say take Moore in the second.

Let Waddle drop past 10 and try to move up from 18. It's gonna be a wonky draft and I think you could find a trade partner easily.

Our front office is going to have a helluva time ranking these guys.

To me none of the top 3 guys (Waddle, Chase, Smith) are worthy of number #3. Trading back, I’d be happy with any of them.

Juedy last year was supposedly the best wr prospect in the last several years and was on the SAME team as Smith and imo out shined him. Smith chose to come back for his senior year and then Waddle eventually gets hurt so he gets ALL the stats and now I’m supposed to draft him 3 when Juedy went 15, GTFO.
Lol, you think WRs with less help are expected to amass crazy, Heisman-level stats? Sometimes 200+ yards in a half in the biggest game of the year?

Is that where we are now?

What a joke.

You're probably not getting Eskridge with our late 2nd round pick. That guy is going late 1st and early 2nd at the latest.

I don't see it with Eskridge...round three tops

I want D.Smith and an additional explosive Waddle-like player. It's obvious one of the keys to a great offense is to be tons of talent.
This notion of only "one" fast guy is ridiculious.
Why can't we have a stable of talent after talent after talent?

I suspect the answer to that has to do with money. - LOL

Lol, you think WRs with less help are expected to amass crazy, Heisman-level stats? Sometimes 200+ yards in a half in the biggest game of the year?

Is that where we are now?

What a joke.

No, they amass crazy level targets. 2019 Devante Parker is a prime example.

This league is all about match-ups! Personally i was shocked that KC couldn't find a "3rd" guy after Hill/Kelece were schemed out of the SB. Bottomline you almost need to have 3 deep minimum recieving targets to have a potent offense.
Watkins was hurt. He'd be that 3rd option.

Watkins was hurt. He'd be that 3rd option.

What about the other speed guys they have there? Hardman? Pringle?
TB secondary is good. But it ain't THAT good!

But this is also a lesson to our team. Specifically, as much as i want speed on offense you also have to be able to protect the QB.
Mahomes was harrassed all night with that make-shift line trying to protect for him. On the other side Brady, comparatively, had all day back there.

Right now our OL is okay and certainly can get better. But our offensive skillset is BAD and needs to get alot better.

Back
Top Bottom