Warming up to Waddle | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warming up to Waddle

If you trade back to 8 and pick up an extra early second. You can package that with another 2nd or 1st and swoop in on players you thought might not be available. Or you could double up on a position, such as WR in the second to increase your odds of hitting. It increases your mobility and odds.

I'd be really disappointed if we drafted Waddle over Chase or Smith personally. The allure of raw skill has worn off on me over the years. Call me crazy but i'll take a Justin Jefferson skillset over a Tyreek Hill skillset any day of the week.
Is it a reach to say that you would take Justin Jefferson over Tyreke Hill?

I would take jefferson over tyreek hill. Just for the reason that shelf life when your game relies highly around speed is more likely to fall off in time whereas jefferson is highly polished.

he’d be a slot likely in miamis o unless we shifted to more slot like skill set/ask on tbe boundary. Like the vikes do

right now or to date we don’t do that.

I disagree...

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one....
if you were to switch those two players' teams next year. Jefferson does even better than he did this season and Hill does significantly worse than he did this season.

One thing about Tua is he has a spin on the ball which seems hard for some guys to catch. Juedy did not seem all that comfortable catching Tua at times. Waddle and Smith seemed much more comfortable at least during the games I saw them play together in college

What happens if they want to trade down but find no partners to trade down with? Now you have to make a decision.
Well... as I've said many times, the value at this spot is Penei Sewell or trade down.

But I think 'a lack of offers' is EXTREMELY unlikely; there are just too many teams looking QB and the QBs in this draft are too well regarded.

If you trade back to 8 and pick up an extra early second. You can package that with another 2nd or 1st and swoop in on players you thought might not be available. Or you could double up on a position, such as WR in the second to increase your odds of hitting. It increases your mobility and odds.
To trade back to 8 I think you get their !st, a third this yr and a 1 next yr

if you were to switch those two players' teams next year. Jefferson does even better than he did this season and Hill does significantly worse than he did this season.
Debatable...

Hill had 1,000 yards as the Chiefs as the 3rd option behind Hunt and Kelce...and this was with Alex Smith as his QB.

If I'm a DC I don't stay up late trying to find ways to stop Justin Jefferson. I bet DC do that for Tyreke Hill.

I'd love to see Hill play against a stacked box like Jefferson did with the focus being on Cook.

His routes are all charted here:

Pretty much what I figured. Some heavy heavy what looks to be slot like alignment/origination usage

Back
Top Bottom