Warming up to Waddle | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warming up to Waddle

Drafting Waddle would also allow us to move on from Grant as a returner. I think Waddle does profile more as an elite slot player at the NFL level, so we would still need a true #1 guy.

I'm beginning to think Waddle is a better option than Smith/Chase.

He isn’t. Go back and watch Chase’s 2019 highlights. Video game stuff. I have Waddle at 18 in my mock with Chase at 3.

Ja’Marr “take the slant to the house” Chase

Debatable...

Hill had 1,000 yards as the Chiefs as the 3rd option behind Hunt and Kelce...and this was with Alex Smith as his QB.

If I'm a DC I don't stay up late trying to find ways to stop Justin Jefferson. I bet DC do that for Tyreke Hill.

I'd love to see Hill play against a stacked box like Jefferson did with the focus being on Cook.

Fair

However, I'd bet DC's stay up quite late trying to figure out how to guard a guy who just had arguably the best rookie receiver season EVER. Jefferson stepped in and played better in an offense than Stefon Diggs did, the same guy who went on to win the receiving title this season.

I'd also like to re ground my position. If I'm drafting a WR early (i.e. Jefferson), I'd rather go for polished over extremely raw athletic (i.e. Hill). The purpose behind this thinking is that the raw athleticism guys work out at a far lower percentage than the polished guys do. Disclaimer---!! Not saying these guys are similar receivers, just that they were selected early due to pure athleticism. The Darrius Heyward Beys, Ginns, Ruggs, John Ross, Cordarelle Patterson, Tavon Austin. the list goes on.

Hill was one of the rare ones who panned out as a stud in the NFL.

If Waddle ends up limited to slot, I think we can get much of the same from Eskridge. But if Waddle can develop that route running similar to Smith than he could be a #1.

He isn’t. Go back and watch Chase’s 2019 highlights. Video game stuff. I have Waddle at 18 in my mock with Chase at 3.

Ja’Marr “take the slant to the house” Chase

I question his speed. I also think Waddle commands more attention. I also think Burrow helped him a ton with those 50/50 balls.

He does remind.me of Jarvis a bit the way he catches the ball.

I question his speed. I also think Waddle commands more attention. I also think Burrow helped him a ton with those 50/50 balls.

He does remind.me of Jarvis a bit the way he catches the ball.
A lot bigger and faster than Jarvis. For a 50/60 ball to work it requires the WR to catch it. He caught everything thrown his way. I love the way he battles for the ball. Big time talent

A lot bigger and faster than Jarvis. For a 50/60 ball to work it requires the WR to catch it. He caught everything thrown his way. I love the way he battles for the ball. Big time talent

He's not taller than Jarvis is he?

Has he ran his 40 yet? Waddle's speed jumps out at you, like Ruggs, only Waddle can make ridiculous cuts at top speed. Chase looks like a 4.45 guy at best

He's not taller than Jarvis is he?

Has he ran his 40 yet? Waddle's speed jumps out at you, like Ruggs, only Waddle can make ridiculous cuts at top speed. Chase looks like a 4.45 guy at best
Chase is bigger than Jarvis but not faster than Waddle

Chase is bigger than Jarvis but not faster than Waddle

By an inch on Jarvis. How big are Chase's mitts?

40 and 3 cone times are what I'm waiting on, as well as vertical.

It's just the thought of a 6 foot guy Mossing people and outbattling people makes me question whether it was Burrow making those plays.

So many huge plays from Waddle. Big time TDs whether caught across the middle, beating his man deep or returning punts, he takes it to the house! This guys is so dang exciting to watch. Ive posted this video in other threads, but I havent met anyone who didnt like this 6 minutes of awesomeness.

Drafting Waddle would also allow us to move on from Grant as a returner. I think Waddle does profile more as an elite slot player at the NFL level, so we would still need a true #1 guy.
Absolutely... Waddle is my target if we actually want one of the big three... but only if he slides a bit.

Grant. Gone.

Quick slot receiver that Tua already knows... check.

Probably drops out of the top 10. Home run.

By an inch on Jarvis. How big are Chase's mitts?

40 and 3 cone times are what I'm waiting on, as well as vertical.

It's just the thought of a 6 foot guy Mossing people and outbattling people makes me question whether it was Burrow making those plays.

I don't think it's fair to take credit from what Chase did in the NCAA in 2019, question is if he can do just as well in the NFL in 2021. Is it translatable?

As you mention a 6ft WR that wins at the catch point may not work in the NFL playing corners as tall or taller as him.

Speaking of, I could see 5'9 211 pound Amari Rodgers being a high volume YAC bubble screen beast if he was given that role. That guy can take being gang tackled 5-10 times a game no problem. He might not be super elusive but if you scheme it right he at least looks like he can take the punishment. He looks rugged and durable. Good thing Clemson didn't use him like that though.

Dude screams GB Packers to me.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to take credit from what Chase did in the NCAA in 2019, question is if he can do just as well in the NFL in 2021. Is it translatable?

As you mention a 6ft WR that wins at the catch point may not work in the NFL playing corners as tall or taller as him.

Speaking of, I could see 5'9 211 pound Amari Rodgers being a high volume YAC bubble screen beast if he was given that role. That guy can take being gang tackled 5-10 times a game no problem. He might not be super elusive but if you scheme it right he at least looks like he can take the punishment. He looks rugged and durable. Good thing Clemson didn't use him like that though.

Dude screams GB Packers to me.

Yeah, would love Rodgers, thought the same thing.

What happens if they want to trade down but find no partners to trade down with? Now you have to make a decision.
In that case I take Parsons if he's there or Sewell if he's not ...

In all of this fantasy speculation ... If we want to go offense is there a scenario where we draft a top WR Chase/Smith then trade back up along the way to snag Pitts/Waddle?

Our defense showed signs of being pretty good last season .... except they were on the field too often due to an offense that couldn't stay on the field ... wouldn't it be smart to build on that with a dynamic every down player like Parsons? I mean why would you not help cement a strong defense instead of adding a player that may or may not get the ball thrown his way often enough to be a factor?

Sure we need play makers on O but @ 3? IF we had a solid OL ... AND we KNOW Tua is the QB of the future I would be less resistant .... we do KNOW that our D is closer to a complete unit than our O ... the coaches obviously should know what's best but for me to spend a high draft pick on a WR I have to KNOW my line can protect AND my QB is just a WR away from greatness ... otherwise I have wasted my pick for now ...

Back
Top Bottom