Warning Signs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warning Signs

I worry about the first time a team with a good RB comes in and feeds him 30 handoffs.....How will our Run D hold up?(Will we find out the answer this weekend?)

We already saw this in the Indy game. Not much better than EJ and the cuts and stops moving backwards look like he never had an ACL injury.

How will our pass defense hold up against the Bills or the all of a sudden pass happy Raiders?( We go to KC next weekend, will we find out then)....

Again Indy is a pretty good passing team. If the pass rush doesn't show up we are going to get picked apart.

Our coaches (and players) merely have to act quickly on this. Case in point, I would have liked Madison to switch with Fletcher a little sooner in the second half.

Yeah what happened with that??? I was reading that Madison took it upon himself to switch, it was madison's idea etc. Isn't that the coaches' decisions?? I'm starting to wonder about Bates.

Imagine what this thread would read like if we were...

...the Rams at 0-2. :lol:

I can't deny that we gave up too many points against Detroit and we didn't finish off the Colts as well as we should have, but I'm not ready to call this "worrying". Yet.

Our offensive system is new and many of us commented pre-season that it would take time to get it fully functional. But if the deep ball is offered I think Jay and CC can take it. I think there are many plays left up Norv's sleeve that he doesn't want to give away until we need it to win a game. Meantime we'll take what's given and cruise.

On the D, there were enough personnel changes in the offseason to cause concern about the way the unit will work together. I think it will improve. We won't be high on the power rankings come December if it doesn't. Even if we go into December 11-0, we could end up 11-5 again if not.

Bates as a play-caller was called into question by myself and others during the off-season. Some skeptics didn't feel that coaching was much to do with it. But if you look at the way that Bellichick's PATS have dominated their opponents already, you can see it's been schemed, planned and adjusted. Coached into submission. I don't know if Wanny's capable of that, let alone Bates. If you have a hard and fast scheme, people will scheme to beat it. A moving target is harder to beat.

I'm a great believer in the power of the intellect, strategy etc in a game which is essentiallly a war. Well, more often a skirmish. But you get the idea. You have to beat the opposing players in each of the individual engagements aswell, but you have to beat the opposing coach and his strategy.

It's a little more complex than saying "Jamar sux". :D

Back
Top Bottom