misterx

Lets Return To Glory
Reaction score
Warriors trading Jackson to Bobcats
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 12 minutes ago
Buzz up! 38
Print
The Golden State Warriors traded Stephen Jackson(notes) to the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for Raja Bell(notes) and Vladimir Radmanovic(notes), two NBA sources with knowledge of the deal said Monday morning.

The trade also sends Warriors guard Acie Law(notes) to the Bobcats.

The Warriors had worked to trade Jackson after he announced in September he no longer wanted to play in Golden State, despite signing a three-year, $28 million extension with the team last year. Yahoo! Sports reported last week that the Warriors were committed to parting ways with Jackson by the end of the month.

Two Warriors players told Yahoo! Sports that Jackson’s unresolved status had become too much of a distraction and that the team would not be able to make any significant improvement until he was traded.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=ys-jacksontrade111609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Figured it was only a matter of time. The question is, what position will he play in Charlotte? I imagine he'd play the 2. Great trade for the Warriors though. Warriors won't make the playoffs, and are still rebuilding. Trading Jackson frees up a lot of cash as Bell expires this season, and Vlad after next season.

As for the Bobcats this move just doesn't make sense. They are not a playoff team, and I don't see Jackson making them relevant in that aspect.

I don't get it. The Warriors cut payroll, but it has no real effect since they're going to be over the cap either way. And the Bobcats continue their quest to be the best lottery team in the land. Brown and Nelson were great coaches and Jordan a great player.....all are lousy GMs.

I don't get it. The Warriors cut payroll, but it has no real effect since they're going to be over the cap either way. And the Bobcats continue their quest to be the best lottery team in the land. Brown and Nelson were great coaches and Jordan a great player.....all are lousy GMs.
Probably has more to do with Jackson wanting out than anything. They won't have any cap room next year, but in 2 years could have around 20 million to spend, which I suspect is what they're aiming for. By that time, if they land some nice free agents, could be a very good team.

Back
Top Bottom