Was Giseki playing today? Serious Question. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Giseki playing today? Serious Question.

I'm a little confused at your post. You use Parker as an example of a player not to give up on because he is one of the best on the team (possibly the worst team in the league and maybe the worst in years), then you turn around and say at least Gesicki doesn't drop the ball like Parker. Personally I have had enough of Parker since late in 2017, but are you happy with Parker or are you fed up with with his drops? I won't question your decision either way, because I think everyone's entitled to their opinion whether I agree or not, but it is hard to understand what you are saying about Parker here.

It's simple really, Parker is playing very well imo on obviously an atrocious team. But even as well as he is playing he still had a critical drop already, I can't think of a single pass Mike has ever dropped so people shouldn't dump on him when he's not making critical errors like pretty much everyone else is. Sometimes you need to be patient with a player like we've been with Parker. If we didn't have him the entire receiving corps would completely suck balls, but with him it's elevated to just slightly below average lol.

He too weak for the NFL but makes a good College TE. He wont be in the NFL in 4 years

PlayerTeam Drafted/Round/PickGames PlayedRECTGTSYDSAVGTD
Mike GesickiMiami Dolphins/2nd/422028432539.00
Every TE drafted after Gesicki
Dallas GoedertPhiladelphia Eagles/2nd/491937513669.95
Mark AndrewsBaltimore Ravens/3rd/8620578281814.46
Jordan AkinsHouston Texans/3rd/9820263936113.92
Ian ThomasCarolina Panthers/4th/1012036503339.32
Chris Herndon (suspended)NY Jets/4th/10716395650212.94
Will DisslySeattle Seahawks/4th/1209314041813.56
Durham SmytheMiami Dolphins/4th/123197137410.60
Dalton SchultzDallas Cowboys/4th/1371112171169.70
Troy Fumagalli (IR)Denver Broncos/5th/15631177.00
Tyler ConklinMinnesota Vikings/5th/15716577715.40
Jordan Thomas (IR)Houston Texans/6th/21116202721510.84
Ryan IzzoNE Patriots/7th/2504234422.00

Make what you will of this list but certainly the 6 TEs drafted after Gesicki have all been more productive. You can say that those teams have better QBs, and they do, but I can counter that by saying the Dolphins don't have any WRs to speak of and if Gesicki was all that good he'd be the main focus of this passing offense.

And some of the TEs on this list are inline blockers like Smythe, Schultz, Conklin and Izzo.

It's simple really, Parker is playing very well imo on obviously an atrocious team. But even as well as he is playing he still had a critical drop already, I can't think of a single pass Mike has ever dropped so people shouldn't dump on him when he's not making critical errors like pretty much everyone else is. Sometimes you need to be patient with a player like we've been with Parker. If we didn't have him the entire receiving corps would completely suck balls, but with him it's elevated to just slightly below average lol.

The profound absence of the supposed Gesicki leap on the pass that he deflected and
Preston Williams bailed him out on was (per the VBall verticle spec) a catchable ball IMO.

That said, the kid thankfully has shown some basic improvement -- and at least so far
is not getting literally embarrassed on the field as in '18. But it's the SOS with an R2 vs.

R7 etc. If the kid was an R7 in '18 he probably gets cut in TC. Teams and regimes tend to
have a LOT more "patience" with premium picks than others... I'll just say this
if Gesicki becomes a highly productive PRO TE there's a chance

Charles Harris is the N F L sack leader in 2021!

:lol:

Right this wrong witb the current penn state tight end in 2021

Hell thats a campaign slogan

Thanks for the response. I think Parker is only looking better because everything around him has sunk to a new low, but you may be right, there could be some progress there. I don't think he has gotten much better though, and soon I kind of expect the annual nagging injury to happen. I'm still willing to wait and see on Gesicki, but you'd think he'd have a little more impact than he has had so far. Again, it's so hard to tell if he has not improved yet or if the offense in general has made it difficult to get anything done. He has been open at times though.

Make fun of the post. But I'm sick of this team throwing darts at a draft board, and when they do blindly get it right they either A: trade them away or B: not utilize them correctly.

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing. So who is the cant miss picks that Miami should pick at every spot next year.

I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom