Was Van Noy the Rat? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Van Noy the Rat?

If these 3 players are rats, what does that make Armando? Because really, it would have been just as easy for him to find 3 players who absolutely loved Tua... I have some words to describe Armando but Im curious about your opinions...
He thinks he can write-he can’t, he thinks he’s funny-he isn’t, he thinks he’s a Dolphins beat reporter with inside info-he’s not. He’s a wannabe

If these 3 players are rats, what does that make Armando? Because really, it would have been just as easy for him to find 3 players who absolutely loved Tua... I have some words to describe Armando but Im curious about your opinions...
I used to like much of what 'Mando wrote. Now I feel like most of his submittals are simply for reactions - rarely any substance or value.

At least he ain't Omar..

It’s possible, but I think it’s more likely that Grier and Flores did a cost benefit analysis of his production, salary and age were the primary motivations for moving on. Everybody’s replaceable.
I agree, this seems the more business like.

Was it Armando Salguero and Adam Beasley who said on a podcast that he wasn't very liked in the locker room? I think Pro football network reported the same.
I did not know that, but it is consistent with the post cut and resign comments he made.
No need to be negative about your old team.

Possibly. But there were a LOT of players on defense who were unhappy about Tua's rookie season and more unhappy about Fitzmagic being benched. They felt it tied their hands behind their backs as a defense to have a guy who simply didn't move the ball downfield enough or score enough. In public interviews you saw guys like Xavien Howard and Byron Jones stopping short of publicly criticizing the decision, but speaking glowingly of Fitzmagic and hemming and hawing when asked about Tua. It was pretty clear how most of that locker room felt. They hadn't been impressed with the rookie's tools nor by his performances.

Now, this is not all that uncommon really. Players' livelihoods are on the line, and they want the guy who can win NOW ... and rookies tend not to be that guy, particularly when rehabbing a serious injury and being deprived of preseason games etc. When Tannehill arrived the coaching staff raved about him, he was thrown in when our expected starter got injured ... at home in a non-football related injury. But our star LB then was vocal that he wasn't impressed with Tannehill. He was gone not too long after that in a "cost cutting" move. Our LB corps suffered greatly for a long time after that, but the players got the message and the locker room learned to keep their mouths shut and stop criticizing the young QB. Well, most of them ... there was still Brent Grimes on defense and Brandon Marshall on offense, both of whom were jettisoned shortly after their criticisms became public. So yeah, coaches do that.

I have no idea about Van Noy. But, I do know that there were many players who were critical of the rookie, and that this is normal. Sure, when a rookie has a season like Justin Herbert, they tend to get onboard with that quickly, because he produced and showed high-end tools, so there really cannot be any way of looking at it except recognizing that he was an upgrade over the rest of the roster. But when there's a veteran option or a rookie looks like a rookie ... veterans are going to be critical. The only question is how quiet or vocal they are about those opinions.

Ultimately, every team deals with this. The coaching staff can only protect the kid so much. It's up to the young QB to prove himself worthy. Rosen was not able to do that. I think Tua will be able to prove himself this year.

Possibly. But there were a LOT of players on defense who were unhappy about Tua's rookie season and more unhappy about Fitzmagic being benched. They felt it tied their hands behind their backs as a defense to have a guy who simply didn't move the ball downfield enough or score enough. In public interviews you saw guys like Xavien Howard and Byron Jones stopping short of publicly criticizing the decision, but speaking glowingly of Fitzmagic and hemming and hawing when asked about Tua. It was pretty clear how most of that locker room felt. They hadn't been impressed with the rookie's tools nor by his performances.

Now, this is not all that uncommon really. Players' livelihoods are on the line, and they want the guy who can win NOW ... and rookies tend not to be that guy, particularly when rehabbing a serious injury and being deprived of preseason games etc. When Tannehill arrived the coaching staff raved about him, he was thrown in when our expected starter got injured ... at home in a non-football related injury. But our star LB then was vocal that he wasn't impressed with Tannehill. He was gone not too long after that in a "cost cutting" move. Our LB corps suffered greatly for a long time after that, but the players got the message and the locker room learned to keep their mouths shut and stop criticizing the young QB. Well, most of them ... there was still Brent Grimes on defense and Brandon Marshall on offense, both of whom were jettisoned shortly after their criticisms became public. So yeah, coaches do that.

I have no idea about Van Noy. But, I do know that there were many players who were critical of the rookie, and that this is normal. Sure, when a rookie has a season like Justin Herbert, they tend to get onboard with that quickly, because he produced and showed high-end tools, so there really cannot be any way of looking at it except recognizing that he was an upgrade over the rest of the roster. But when there's a veteran option or a rookie looks like a rookie ... veterans are going to be critical. The only question is how quiet or vocal they are about those opinions.

Ultimately, every team deals with this. The coaching staff can only protect the kid so much. It's up to the young QB to prove himself worthy. Rosen was not able to do that. I think Tua will be able to prove himself this year.

From an academic standpoint, this is a well written post. However from a content standpoint, there is a lot of speculation and hyperbole in it.

Well written I agree, but you're 2nd sentence is what I am responding to

A lot? Last I heard it was 3. Alot? Where did you read that? To me 3 out of 52 is not alot

I'm just happy that we structured the contract the way we did. Put a trap door there incase it didn't work out. Which we utilized. That was very savvy. But I'm a self admitted Chris Grier homer. So..... Ordered the prayer candle and everything 😂.

Back
Top Bottom