Was Van Noy the Rat? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Van Noy the Rat?

OK, you're up. So far you've taken all the pot shots and I've done all the research. Show me where I'm wrong.

Not speculation, because as you've pointed out ... you disagree and you do not value speculation. We all know that after Fitzpatrick changed teams, people have changed their tunes ... but during the period which we were discussing, did you see an interview of Xavien Howard or Byron Jones that suggested they were 100% sold on Tua and/or disliked Fitzpatrick? I didn't, so I'm ready to learn.

The video to which you refer is one of AFTER Fitzpatrick was no longer a Dolphin ... thus the tune change. That is not the relevant time period, because I never said they now believe Tua is not the answer. The relevant time period was when Fitzpatrick was still a Miami Dolphin.

Video:
Don't worry about the video, I know the one you're mentioning. But for future reference and in case anyone else has that question, here's how you can put a video into your posts:
1. Write whatever you want in the post or reply box, then hit ENTER to get to a new line.
2. Go to the video and copy (CTRL-C) the URL from the video you want (e.g. it's YouTube address).
3. Switch back to the post and click the "MEDIA" button at the top of the edit box (it looks like two little pictures one overtop of the other).
4. Paste (CTRL-V) the URL from the video into the the box entitled "Enter Media URL" in the window that pops up.
5. Click CONTINUE at the bottom of the pop up box.
6. Click ENTER again to get on a new line and then continue typing whatever you want to say.
7. Click "Post Reply" at the bottom of your reply window.

Once you've done it a couple of times it's easy, but it's never easy for anyone until we've done it a time or two. Cheers brother. :)

My original intent was never to take pot shots or to prove you wrong. I was only pointing out that I enjoy reading your posts but, for me, they lose a little bit of the luster once you include exaggerations (ie. “A LOT” and “many players”) and things you have inferred from interviews (ie Howard and Jones never said what you posted, that was just your own interpretation) .

Thank you for the video instructions, I’ll bookmark this page for future reference.

My original intent was never to take pot shots or to prove you wrong. I was only pointing out that I enjoy reading your posts but, for me, they lose a little bit of the luster once you include exaggerations (ie. “A LOT” and “many players”) and things you have inferred from interviews (ie Howard and Jones never said what you posted, that was just your own interpretation) .

Thank you for the video instructions, I’ll bookmark this page for future reference.
Thank you again for saying that. I took your tone to be one of trying to undermine what I was saying by taking issue with specific words. Glad to hear that was not your intent, and I'm sorry if I offended.

I assumed we had all heard/read/viewed numerous written and videotaped bits about the Dolphins during that time, that clearly not everyone had heard/read/viewed. I attempted to go back and give you an example of some of that, but it clearly did not convince you. I'll just let it lie. There were reports, multiple, and "many players" is an accurate description. All of my examples of times where Dolphins players undermined their QB's vocally in the media supported my claim of similar actions in the past. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one brother.

Again, didn't mean to offend you, and sorry if I did.

I always thought the person that stood to benefit most from the talk about players not being behind Tua was Fitzpatrick. I assumed (maybe wrongly) that it was him.
As for Van Noy - He looks at first sight to be mature and a team guy, but the more he opens his mouth the more obvious it is that he is not mature and seems to need extra attention.

Bottom line - Van Noy played fine, but he had to large a paycheck and was hurt too much. He also got beat out by a younger, cheaper player that will have an outstanding season in 2021. It won't surprise me to see Van Ginkel develop into a fan favorite in Miami.
I def don't think it was Fitz. As much as he got criticized for his emotional press conference, he said how he felt to world. This was behind closed doors to reporters.

Nothing that I gather from Fitz's character would make me begin to think it was him. He is a true professional. And outside of one minor instance, he handled the drafting of his replacement extremely well from start to finish.

Not like we actually know these guys tho, but he'd be near the bottom of my list.

Back
Top Bottom