Washington for surtain? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Washington for surtain?

Puffboy(ricky)

MVP sextoy
Reaction score
Washington trade for surtain?

Didn't see this posted yet.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2005predraft.html

04/10[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]...One HOT Rumor to report today centers around the Washington Redskins...the Redskins who own the Drafts ninth pick overall are reportedly considering making a move to strengthen the team's CB position before the Draft in two weeks...the team reportedly would feel more confident in a veteran starting Corner over one of the upcoming Drafts top rookie prospects...the Redskins reportedly could become a "player" in the Patrick Surtain sweepstakes and trump the Chiefs offer to the Dolphins for Surtain...however...the veteran Corner that the Redskins reportedly covet is Bills CB Nate Clements...Clements has one year left on his existing contract and will become an unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the 2005 season unless Clements and the Bills can work out a deal before then...it's highly unlikely since Clements will be looking to be paid as the highest rated Corner to hit the market in Free Agency which will include a hefty signing bonus...Bills GM Tom Donahoe has a history of not over spending on a player for the sake of his teams Cap....the Bills don't own a First Round pick in the upcoming Draft because it was sent to Dallas as part of the 2004 Draft day trade which enabled the team to land their QB of the future J.P. Losman...Redskins Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams drafted Clements in the first round in 2001 in Williams first year as the Bills Head Coach...stay tuned!!!!!.......on to some Prospect news...LSU Corner Corey Webster was considered one of the Top 3 CB prospects and a sure-fire first round pick heading into the 2004 season...but Webster's stock fell during the season in which he struggled mightly because he was playing on a nagging hamstring injury which he couldn't shake during the season...Webster recently impressed the Scouts with a solid Pro Day workout which convinced his on-lookers that he's fully recovered from the injury...Webster could become somewhat of a Draft day steal if he falls out of the first round of the up-coming Draft.[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
:gossip:
[/font]

Good stuff. But the Skins dont have a #2 or #5 pick. And I dont think theyd give up their #1 :(

Puffboy(ricky) said:
Didn't see this posted yet.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2005predraft.html

04/10[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]...One HOT Rumor to report today centers around the Washington Redskins...the Redskins who own the Drafts ninth pick overall are reportedly considering making a move to strengthen the team's CB position before the Draft in two weeks...the team reportedly would feel more confident in a veteran starting Corner over one of the upcoming Drafts top rookie prospects...the Redskins reportedly could become a "player" in the Patrick Surtain sweepstakes and trump the Chiefs offer to the Dolphins for Surtain...however...the veteran Corner that the Redskins reportedly covet is Bills CB Nate Clements...Clements has one year left on his existing contract and will become an unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the 2005 season unless Clements and the Bills can work out a deal before then...it's highly unlikely since Clements will be looking to be paid as the highest rated Corner to hit the market in Free Agency which will include a hefty signing bonus...Bills GM Tom Donahoe has a history of not over spending on a player for the sake of his teams Cap....the Bills don't own a First Round pick in the upcoming Draft because it was sent to Dallas as part of the 2004 Draft day trade which enabled the team to land their QB of the future J.P. Losman...Redskins Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams drafted Clements in the first round in 2001 in Williams first year as the Bills Head Coach...stay tuned!!!!!.......on to some Prospect news...LSU Corner Corey Webster was considered one of the Top 3 CB prospects and a sure-fire first round pick heading into the 2004 season...but Webster's stock fell during the season in which he struggled mightly because he was playing on a nagging hamstring injury which he couldn't shake during the season...Webster recently impressed the Scouts with a solid Pro Day workout which convinced his on-lookers that he's fully recovered from the injury...Webster could become somewhat of a Draft day steal if he falls out of the first round of the up-coming Draft.[/font]
[/font]

It was posted already at the link below.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=73702

The title of this thread is misleading......

I was like "what player named Washington would we even be half way interested in?"

:roflmao:

that website is crap. Its on the same level as PFT. I said it in JC's thread, and I'll say it again. This was the same website who reported that we were on the verge of trading for Alexander, and we all know what happened with that

Puffboy(ricky) said:
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]on to some Prospect news...LSU Corner Corey Webster was considered one of the Top 3 CB prospects and a sure-fire first round pick heading into the 2004 season...but Webster's stock fell during the season in which he struggled mightly because he was playing on a nagging hamstring injury which he couldn't shake during the season...Webster recently impressed the Scouts with a solid Pro Day workout which convinced his on-lookers that he's fully recovered from the injury...Webster could become somewhat of a Draft day steal if he falls out of the first round of the up-coming Draft.[/font]
[/font]

You think Saban is aware of this....I bet you he's salivating at the chance of possibly stealing one of his guys.

a few comments:

1) thanks for the info, i didnt know about this rumor.

2) the bills dont over pay to keep there players... (not nessasaraly true). we wont over pay for older players. or players who want more than they are worth. for example, Winfield was a good CB, but the vikings over paid the hell out of him. not over paying for him was one of better moves by the bills.

3) true clements is in the last year of his contract. and he will be looking to get PAID. and he deserves it. hell the cowboys paid that bum CB WAY TO MUCH, and now clements will be looking for alot more.

4) if we draft a CB in the first round, we can only hope he will be as good as clements in 4 years. why would we want to get rid of him if hes that good, that young, and has that much potential, for a draft pick who is unproven and probubly wont be even close to clements level for another 4 years.

5) the only reason we will EVER trade him would be cus of his cap hit. IMO, we can restructure M. Williams contract to make extra room, or other things to keep him here.

6) great, young, shutdown corners are RARE in the NFL. to give him up for an unproven draft pick would be extreamly foolish.

I'd be inclined to believe this if the Washington Post reported this type of trade rumor. The Post has great insider coverage of the Redskins and they would be the first or one of the first to announce such a trade rumor. I'd love for the Redskins to get involved. They'd probably bid higher than anyone if that happened...but this rumor was started up by a not so highly regarded site.

I'd hope Washington takes Clements, he has really been a Dolphins QB Killer....I remember a couple years ago where he had 4 interceptions against the phins in 2 games and only 1 more all year.

ch19079 said:
a few comments:

2) the bills dont over pay to keep there players... (not nessasaraly true). we wont over pay for older players. or players who want more than they are worth. for example, Winfield was a good CB, but the vikings over paid the hell out of him. not over paying for him was one of better moves by the bills.

5) the only reason we will EVER trade him would be cus of his cap hit. IMO, we can restructure M. Williams contract to make extra room, or other things to keep him here. QUOTE]

Just wanted to touch on a couple of your points.

2)First - on a team with a bad secondary Winfield was awesome. I disagree with you there - they may have paid him well - most of the FA contracts are back loaded so who knows how much a player will really see - the Vikes are famous for giving incentive laden contracts for $ that these guys will never see but that they can back out of next year's cap. Winfield was a stud and is one of the top DB's in the game IMO.

5)Miami has had their share of draft busts but why would you restructure M.Williams? You would be better off cutting your losses with this overweight bum. He has been a bust.

Donohoe drafts players when he already has star power at the position and then trades that former player. The QB, RB and LT has been a turnstile lately. Not good for the long haul. I would love it if the bills were to do this cus they would just trade the guy in four years from now. uy yi yi.

Rich22 said:
Winfield was a stud and is one of the top DB's in the game IMO.

5)Miami has had their share of draft busts but why would you restructure M.Williams? You would be better off cutting your losses with this overweight bum. He has been a bust.

winfield was good, a GREAT tackler, and an above average cover guy. was he worth the signing bonus, or contract he got..... no, but the vikings are happy... (i would have been pissed if the bills payed him what the vikings paid him. but atleast he screwed the jets when he left...:roflmao: )

they would restructure williams' deal cus he has a 9 mil. cap hit. yeah you heard me. 9 MIL. i wouldnt call him a bust just yet, he has improved greatly the past few years.. i want to see how he plays next season.

finfan54 said:
Donohoe drafts players when he already has star power at the position and then trades that former player. The QB, RB and LT has been a turnstile lately. Not good for the long haul. I would love it if the bills were to do this cus they would just trade the guy in four years from now. uy yi yi.

QB: bledsoe is NOT a star, and will never be as good as he was.
RB: McGahee is a STAR. T. Henry was a very good RB.
OT: jennings is an average OT. and the 49ers WAY over paid for him.

McGahee is a STAR. after 1 Season ? :roflmao:

NLude33 said:
The title of this thread is misleading......

I was like "what player named Washington would we even be half way interested in?"

:roflmao:

:roflmao: I was mislead as well!

Back
Top Bottom