Watch A Breakdown Of Why I Think We Need More I-formation (which We Only Did 3 Times Last Weekend) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch A Breakdown Of Why I Think We Need More I-formation (which We Only Did 3 Times Last Weekend)

Bravo.

I-formation and offset I-formation have been absurdly downgraded in football period. I've been screaming for both the Dolphins and Canes to use it. There are so many wonderful permutations, ones that perplexed defenses years ago and it would still happen today.

Drake would be perfect as I-formation tailback. We could rotate him forward into the slot, like O'Leary in the first highlighted play, or we could do it in reverse, lining up Drake in the slot and then shifting him back to tailback.

The late '80s Canes uses to drive opponents nuts by doing that with a versatile halfback named Cleveland Gary, who became a first round pick of the Rams.

O'Leary would be ideal for a double wingback look. Put Gore as solo halfback with Drake and O'Leary on each side as wingbacks. We might look like Georgia Tech but you don't have to run options out of that set. You can do practically anything.

I have to laugh whenever teams with weak or moderate quarterbacks line up all day in lazy 4-wide sets out of the shotgun, as if somehow believing that look is maximizing their potential.

Yeah, But we have this guy named Gase that still thinks his QB is Payton Manning.
Moreover, we have an OC I'm not sure is capable of actually installing and calling a different kind of game plan week to week.

If there is ever a week to come out with something new it would be this week against the Cheatriots!

First time I hear this formation being called offset I-formation. I only knew Strong I if the fullback lines up on the TE side and Weak I if he lines up on the other side. You’ll never stop learning I guess.

I've been a huge fan of the offset-I since the days of Emmitt Smith at Dallas.

Of course having all those pro bowlers at key positions always helps but I feel against what has become today's defenses, this could be an effective staple play in many situations.

Like 3rd and 1...

Bravo.

I-formation and offset I-formation have been absurdly downgraded in football period. I've been screaming for both the Dolphins and Canes to use it. There are so many wonderful permutations, ones that perplexed defenses years ago and it would still happen today.

Drake would be perfect as I-formation tailback. We could rotate him forward into the slot, like O'Leary in the first highlighted play, or we could do it in reverse, lining up Drake in the slot and then shifting him back to tailback.

I have to laugh whenever teams with weak or moderate quarterbacks line up all day in lazy 4-wide sets out of the shotgun, as if somehow believing that look is maximizing their potential.
Those formations are coming back.

Drake would look good in that type of offense.

Those "4 wide" sets look sexy, but often tend to bring defensive playmakers closer to the ball.

Oh yea baby!

What a concept!

Have a legit FB on the field!

Totally radical!

You would've thought some "genius" would've come up with this?

IMO the decline of the average N F L game is directly related to the systematic elimination of the FB position.
Never fear...….the Fullback WILL be back!

First time I hear this formation being called offset I-formation. I only knew Strong I if the fullback lines up on the TE side and Weak I if he lines up on the other side. You’ll never stop learning I guess.
"Offset" is used whenever the upback is to one side, whether strong or weak.

Unfortunately, Gase thinks he can out-finesse most teams with his innovative bubble screens which start 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Back
Top Bottom