Watch and hear why I believe Hollywood Brown beats Minkah for the 83-yard bomb last Sunday. Flores was fuming no doubt, but this is correctable. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch and hear why I believe Hollywood Brown beats Minkah for the 83-yard bomb last Sunday. Flores was fuming no doubt, but this is correctable.

Why would you try and play sticks if your one of the two deep in cover 2?
Not sure based on the calls and responsibilities but could the player have been trying to do too much due to the scoreboard/momentum? I know it’s not the correct assignment but I could see folks trying to play hero ball out there given the situation

looks like dropping 11might be more effective for us.

Why would you try and play sticks if your one of the two deep in cover 2?

It was 3rd and short and he wanted to make a play on the ball instead of playing fundamental football? It was a bad decision, but not something I’m going to worry about until it becomes a bad habit.

Looks like Minkah was not only out of position initially but playing like he had help over the middle
Well, if you look at our right corner, he lets his guy go and starts going towards the LOS for some reason.....the FS then had to cover that WR so Minkah was going to get no help so I believe Minkah messed up the play. I don't think if was Bobby on that play as he had the guy on the other side. I have no idea tho why that corner let his man go.

It was 3rd and short and he wanted to make a play on the ball instead of playing fundamental football? It was a bad decision, but not something I’m going to worry about until it becomes a bad habit.

He's the safety in cover 2. There are 4-5 other people playing the short area. He has no business trying to play that area.

I'm just curious if anyone can spot 3 other things that are wrong in this video.

I'm just curious if anyone can spot 3 other things that are wrong in this video.
I think I spotted one with our right corner letting his man go and doing nothing after that but not sure if that's one of the things you're talking about.

Another thing I spot is our OLB(we're playing 3 down linemen on this play)who I believe is Harris drops back about 10 yards to cover NOBODY.
He just drops about 10 yards and stops till he see the long pass but what was the purpose of him dropping? Was he expecting Lamar to run? There's no way he'd be able to get to him and tackle him on the open field.

1) we have two people covering a short zone that is completely empty.
2) McCain rolls to cover the WR on that side and is super late, leaving him open
3) a DL gets pushed to the ground like a 5 year old boy playing against a high school player

Another thing I spot is our OLB(we're playing 3 down linemen on this play)who I believe is Harris drops back about 10 yards to cover NOBODY.
He just drops about 10 yards and stops till he see the long pass but what was the purpose of him dropping? Was he expecting Lamar to run? There's no way he'd be able to get to him and tackle him on the open field.

Most likely, he dropped into his assigned zone. If so, can't fault him for that.

a DL gets pushed to the ground like a 5 year old boy playing against a high school player
on that play he gets engage with the guard and the LT pushed him from the side so I won't make a big fuss on that one but totally agree with the other two.

Hard worker at practice. He is to slow for the NFL when he wears pads. Still mad we didnt take Darwin. That was such a simple pick. Other teams did there homework on Fitz, and that's the reason he slip to 11, and we fell for it.

Hard worker at practice. He is to slow for the NFL when he wears pads. Still mad we didnt take Darwin. That was such a simple pick. Other teams did there homework on Fitz, and that's the reason he slip to 11, and we fell for it.
Are you talking about foot speed? Because he almost caught a sub 4.4 40 guy after getting beat by him. That's not slow by any stretch of the imagination.

on that play he gets engage with the guard and the LT pushed him from the side so I won't make a big fuss on that one but totally agree with the other two.

I could deal with that if it didn't happen all game. I saw more DL on the ground during a "pass rush" than I can ever remember.

Back
Top Bottom