Watch and hear why I believe Hollywood Brown beats Minkah for the 83-yard bomb last Sunday. Flores was fuming no doubt, but this is correctable. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch and hear why I believe Hollywood Brown beats Minkah for the 83-yard bomb last Sunday. Flores was fuming no doubt, but this is correctable.

on that play he gets engage with the guard and the LT pushed him from the side so I won't make a big fuss on that one but totally agree with the other two.

That's one of the adjustments that needed to be made. The LT was able to turn his attention back inside and help blast the DE off his feet because his outside shoulder was no longer threatened as soon as he seen Harris buzzing the flat.

Harris buzzing the flat is doing his job in this coverage, but there was no reason to. As soon he saw the back was offset to his side and went the other way to mesh with the QB - he should've converted his coverage responsibility into a pass rush. There was no reason to be out there covering grass at that point. That grass isn't going to score on you. Turn that 3 man rush into a 4 man rush.

Instead, the 3 man rush that should've been a 4 man rush got turned into a 2 man rush. Just no efficiency if you can't play fluid, smart defensive football.

That's one of the adjustments that needed to be made. The LT was able to turn his attention back inside and help blast the DE off his feet because his outside shoulder was no longer threatened as soon as he seen Harris buzzing the flat.

Harris buzzing the flat is doing his job in this coverage, but there was no reason to. As soon he saw the back was offset to his side and went the other way to mesh with the QB - he should've converted his coverage responsibility into a pass rush. There was no reason to be out there covering grass at that point. That grass isn't going to score on you. Turn that 3 man rush into a 4 man rush.

Instead, the 3 man rush that should've been a 4 man rush got turned into a 2 man rush. Just no efficiency if you can't play fluid, smart defensive football.

Yes, Charles Harris read it wrong. I don't disagree with you there. His IQ is lacking in many of these plays although he did play a zone-read pretty well one play.

None of this excuses Minkah though for being flat footed. I'm a big fan of his but this was a terrible showing by him. McCain could be the worst safety in football though, so to pair him with Minkah isn't fair to Minkah. He must be a practice all-star because in games, McCain gets confused on almost every single play.

Is that 93 moss I guess it is who gets tossed to the ground? Who is that guy and what is he doing here?

Harris is the only guy I saw getting extra attention with the protections on occasion.

He split the left tackle and someone else for a holding call on the left tackle.

Outside of that it was a walk in the park for the protection scheme.

Beisel ehhh

I can kind of see that but it looks like its cover 2 with a tampa linebacker. Minkah for some reason didn't get the proper depth
I am guessing Fitzpatrick is over-confident in his abilities. He has the talent and physical ability; however, I hope that play humbled him and he gets back to basics. We need guys who are playing fundamental football right now. Not those who want to freelance. Flores has said, you have to EARN the right to freelance. It may come but, right now, Minkah hasn't earned that right with all the gaffs he is committing lately.

Back
Top Bottom