Watch: First look at WR Will Fuller at Miami Dolphins OTAs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch: First look at WR Will Fuller at Miami Dolphins OTAs

No mention of Grant...

Also, how many games is Fuller missing before he can take the field?

NFL players miss games... almost all of them, but it only becomes really noticeable when a team has no depth, loses games, and then looks for someone to blame.

Tyreek Hill... 6 games since 2017
Julio Jones... 17 games since 2016
DaVante Adams... 9 games since 2017
Allen Robinson... 18 games since 2017

Parker... 10 games since 2017

Now, Fuller has missed a bunch... and that's why we only gave him one year, but Parker has been no worse than most of the better WRs in the league.

At some point, you will give up on a player when he's always hurt, but as you can see from the all-pro guys above, the numbers might be a little higher than some here allege.

I see what you're saying but Parker isn't on those guys level and I've seen enough to say that he never will be. 2019 season was his ceiling to me. We don't have a clear #1 WR. Parker is a high end #2 WR in my opinion. The guys you mentioned can play at less than 100% and still out perform Parker.

I see what you're saying but Parker isn't on those guys level and I've seen enough to say that he never will be. 2019 season was his ceiling to me. We don't have a clear #1 WR. Parker is a high end #2 WR in my opinion. The guys you mentioned can play at less than 100% and still out perform Parker.
For this team, Parker was on those guys' level because he was that much ahead of the guys on this roster.

Parker isn't as good as those guys. He's good, but not great... the guys I listed are serious pro-bowl players... but that isn't what I was getting at really.

What bothers me is the INACCURATE label that Parker has received here at FH, as being a guy who misses more games that most receivers, and he just doesn't.

Fuller does. ...and Williams might, but it is too early in his career to tell.

NFL players miss games... almost all of them, but it only becomes really noticeable when a team has no depth, loses games, and then looks for someone to blame.

Tyreek Hill... 6 games since 2017
Julio Jones... 17 games since 2016
DaVante Adams... 9 games since 2017
Allen Robinson... 18 games since 2017

Parker... 10 games since 2017

Now, Fuller has missed a bunch... and that's why we only gave him one year, but Parker has been no worse than most of the better WRs in the league.

At some point, you will give up on a player when he's always hurt, but as you can see from the all-pro guys above, the numbers might be a little higher than some here allege.
Love your posts that give stats and details to help with perspective!

Love your posts that give stats and details to help with perspective!
Thanks for your kind words...

I just hate narratives that aren't based on anything, and a lot of the 'conventional wisdom' that occurs in ANY sports board, is like that. It's like a high school rumour. People hear the narrative and believe it, even if they could look up the info and see that it isn't.

Parker isn't as good as those guys. He's good, but not great... the guys I listed are serious pro-bowl players... but that isn't what I was getting at really.

What bothers me is the INACCURATE label that Parker has received here at FH, as being a guy who misses more games that most receivers, and he just doesn't.

Fuller does. ...and Williams might, but it is too early in his career to tell.
It feels like people don't like Parker for one reason or another and then use the injury thing to try to aupport their stance. Almost like Grant and the drops. As a receiver Grant's pass drop rate isn't that much different than a lot of wrs. Just like Parker missing an average of 2 games per year isn't as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

It feels like people don't like Parker for one reason or another and then use the injury thing to try to aupport their stance. Almost like Grant and the drops. As a receiver Grant's pass drop rate isn't that much different than a lot of wrs. Just like Parker missing an average of 2 games per year isn't as big of a deal as some make it out to be.
I’m not too bought in on Parker. I don’t even think he makes #1 WR on another roster. Not because of injuries but because I see him as a 1-trick pony with the jump balls. He’s great at it and it serves its purpose but it results in low YAC. I think it’ll serve a better purpose now as a complimentary skill set within the WR group overall as opposed to having to rely on it.

Grant is one that surprised me with the drop rate. In my eyes he really did drop many balls. Maybe it’s because it seemed they were all big/deep throws but I could be wrong. I definitely have him in the drops-alot category in my head but I guess that’s a misconception.

Back
Top Bottom