Watch: First look at WR Will Fuller at Miami Dolphins OTAs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch: First look at WR Will Fuller at Miami Dolphins OTAs

I know this much.. having legit talent and depth at WR, Parker and Williams will be bringing their A- game and will try not to miss time or else they will be replaced. No room for complacency.

I’m not too bought in on Parker. I don’t even think he makes #1 WR on another roster. Not because of injuries but because I see him as a 1-trick pony with the jump balls. He’s great at it and it serves its purpose but it results in low YAC. I think it’ll serve a better purpose now as a complimentary skill set within the WR group overall as opposed to having to rely on it.

Grant is one that surprised me with the drop rate. In my eyes he really did drop many balls. Maybe it’s because it seemed they were all big/deep throws but I could be wrong. I definitely have him in the drops-alot category in my head but I guess that’s a misconception.
I think it's partially the timing of the Grant drops and also people connecting him bobbling or dropping a punt and adding that to any issues he has catching passes. I've always said people need to view the fielding punts issue and catching passes seperately. Remember Jerry Rice struggled fielding punts and we know he could catch the ball, so it's not always just a hands issue.

I’m not too bought in on Parker. I don’t even think he makes #1 WR on another roster. Not because of injuries but because I see him as a 1-trick pony with the jump balls. He’s great at it and it serves its purpose but it results in low YAC. I think it’ll serve a better purpose now as a complimentary skill set within the WR group overall as opposed to having to rely on it.
Disagree.

If the Tua man delivers some top notch QB play, I think you will be surprised about how much DVP is not even close to a one trick pony.

One thing that I will say about Parker is that he plays at less than 100% most of the time. I've mentioned this before, but he reminds me of the way Eric Davis was when he played for the Reds... when he was healthy, he might have been THE best player in Beisboll, but he never was. He always had hamstring pulls and other assorted muscle ailments that were directly related to the fact that he was built like Devonta Smith (stickman).
Parker BECOMES a 'one trick pony' when he is playing hurt, losing his top end speed and his ability to cut at an NFL level. He still maintains straight line speed and the ability to high-point a ball... in short, he is EXACTLY the type of player that Tua should be able to 'throw open'. If Parker remains healthy, he is close to pro bowl quality, and if he isn't... if Tua can learn to throw the ball where Parker is going to be, we'll have a serious 6'3" jumping weapon.

One thing that I will say about Parker is that he plays at less than 100% most of the time. I've mentioned this before, but he reminds me of the way Eric Davis was when he played for the Reds... when he was healthy, he might have been THE best player in Beisboll, but he never was. He always had hamstring pulls and other assorted muscle ailments that were directly related to the fact that he was built like Devonta Smith (stickman).
Parker BECOMES a 'one trick pony' when he is playing hurt, losing his top end speed and his ability to cut at an NFL level. He still maintains straight line speed and the ability to high-point a ball... in short, he is EXACTLY the type of player that Tua should be able to 'throw open'. If Parker remains healthy, he is close to pro bowl quality, and if he isn't... if Tua can learn to throw the ball where Parker is going to be, we'll have a serious 6'3" jumping weapon.
i love when he is healthy and he runs a crossing pattern in front of the DB.

it's like unstoppable.

This is where Miami should flourish when they’re all available. Tua should be able to identify a lot of the advantages versus the coverage pre-snap. It’s going to be fun to watch.
As long as he knows the playbook, and knows the second option and third option.

Parker isn't as good as those guys. He's good, but not great... the guys I listed are serious pro-bowl players... but that isn't what I was getting at really.

What bothers me is the INACCURATE label that Parker has received here at FH, as being a guy who misses more games that most receivers, and he just doesn't.

Fuller does. ...and Williams might, but it is too early in his career to tell.
Ok. Just to preface, I'm not arguing here. I just want to know where you found those numbers. If you provide numbers like that, you should reference where you got the info because otherwise it's just like throwing out numbers that could be as fake as those high school rumors you speak of. But really, I'm just curious where you found them

You only listed a few players so I'll list a few more. This is from Pro football reference.com. Just looking at the number in the games column.

1. Tyler Lockett - Missed one game since 2015

2. DK Metcalf - has missed 0 games since he's been in the league

3. Tyreek Hill - Missed 5 games since 2015

4. Keenan Allen - Missed 2 games since 2017. Although before that he didn't play a full season at all. But has been healthy the last 4 years

5. Devante Adam's - Missed 12 games since 2014. Overall pretty reliable

6. Devante Parker - Missed 13 games since he's been in the league. 2015. That number isn't that bad, but if I recall right, he's left quite a few games due to being hurt in them.

Now, I do not have the numbers on the other receivers I listed on if they left games due to injury. Just the number of games played per year.

So again, not arguing. Just providing another perspective. Your right when you say all players miss games due to injury (unless your Brett Farve) (I know he missed a coue but not until he was 50) it's the NFL. But Parker does seem to be injured more often than not. The exception being last year. But when our receiver Corp is as bare as it's been the last few years, his missing games is much more noticeable. Anyway thanks for making me look this stuff up brother!

Ok. Just to preface, I'm not arguing here. I just want to know where you found those numbers. If you provide numbers like that, you should reference where you got the info because otherwise it's just like throwing out numbers that could be as fake as those high school rumors you speak of. But really, I'm just curious where you found them

You only listed a few players so I'll list a few more. This is from Pro football reference.com. Just looking at the number in the games column.

1. Tyler Lockett - Missed one game since 2015

2. DK Metcalf - has missed 0 games since he's been in the league

3. Tyreek Hill - Missed 5 games since 2015

4. Keenan Allen - Missed 2 games since 2017. Although before that he didn't play a full season at all. But has been healthy the last 4 years

5. Devante Adam's - Missed 12 games since 2014. Overall pretty reliable

6. Devante Parker - Missed 13 games since he's been in the league. 2015. That number isn't that bad, but if I recall right, he's left quite a few games due to being hurt in them.

Now, I do not have the numbers on the other receivers I listed on if they left games due to injury. Just the number of games played per year.

So again, not arguing. Just providing another perspective. Your right when you say all players miss games due to injury (unless your Brett Farve) (I know he missed a coue but not until he was 50) it's the NFL. But Parker does seem to be injured more often than not. The exception being last year. But when our receiver Corp is as bare as it's been the last few years, his missing games is much more noticeable. Anyway thanks for making me look this stuff up brother!
I think most of them came from nfl.com, although I was bouncing around when I did it.

NFL players miss games... almost all of them, but it only becomes really noticeable when a team has no depth, loses games, and then looks for someone to blame.

Tyreek Hill... 6 games since 2017
Julio Jones... 17 games since 2016
DaVante Adams... 9 games since 2017
Allen Robinson... 18 games since 2017

Parker... 10 games since 2017

Now, Fuller has missed a bunch... and that's why we only gave him one year, but Parker has been no worse than most of the better WRs in the league.

At some point, you will give up on a player when he's always hurt, but as you can see from the all-pro guys above, the numbers might be a little higher than some here allege.
Thats really interesting. I suppose fans really only concentrate on there own players, and sort of forget about other teams players and injuries etc.
Thanks

I think it's partially the timing of the Grant drops and also people connecting him bobbling or dropping a punt and adding that to any issues he has catching passes. I've always said people need to view the fielding punts issue and catching passes seperately. Remember Jerry Rice struggled fielding punts and we know he could catch the ball, so it's not always just a hands issue.
Also, he seems to go down on first contact even if it isn't solid. If no one touches him he scores but…

Man’s got unreal speed and separation. I suggest double teaming him and leaving Waddle 1 on 1 with your #2 corner. Good luck with that btw
Lol...Please all Opponents, do that...Pretty please.

Oh and by the way, Wilson will probably still be on the team this year, so there that extra speed opponents will have to worry about.

I agree with you...Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom