Watch Gase's Two Most Shocking Answers From Today's Jets Presser | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Gase's Two Most Shocking Answers From Today's Jets Presser

I think he gave a solid interview and was really proud to answer the question about close games with his 20-6 record. Of course everyone here will nitpick his every word and bash him but I'm pretty sure he'll do okay in NY.

I don't know how Gase will fare with the Jets but regarding the Dolphins I will no longer expect to pull out every close game, no matter what it looks like in the 4th quarter. I had that feeling with Gase beyond any coach in franchise history.

:eyepop:

Attachments

• 36C653ED-BA42-471B-B9A0-0C16EF8F28F4.jpeg
    36C653ED-BA42-471B-B9A0-0C16EF8F28F4.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 12
  • B1DBBE62-2411-44D3-B9A9-654F2638992D.jpeg
    B1DBBE62-2411-44D3-B9A9-654F2638992D.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 12
  • FC5069BF-7A54-4045-8197-53156278DFEC.jpeg
    FC5069BF-7A54-4045-8197-53156278DFEC.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 796F8031-9A34-4B1D-ABA4-19442B471CB0.jpeg
    796F8031-9A34-4B1D-ABA4-19442B471CB0.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11
I don't know how Gase will fare with the Jets but regarding the Dolphins I will no longer expect to pull out every close game, no matter what it looks like in the 4th quarter. I had that feeling with Gase beyond any coach in franchise history.

That is the one trait Gase has that I also regret losing the most. I think it's a great and rare ability not many coaches have shown. Too bad he couldn't build upon it more, instead mixing it with the flaws that eventually got him fired.

Like I posted, he was probably shocked he got the job and didn't want to jeopardize it by making any demands. They probably coulda paid him with beer and clams and he would have agreed to it.

Ok 13, enough, now I have to clean my monitors, sprayed coffee all over them and almost sprayed cofffevvvve on my autographed picture of Alan Greenspan. Beer and Clams, let the hilarity ensue. :funny:

The Ever Thanks For The Laugh Bro VIPER

I felt that for Gase to have success as an NFL head coach he needed to be humbled a bit. Go back to an OC position for a few years, have someone mentor him and sort of be blunt with him about why he failed. Him getting another head coaching job right away will only continue to confirm, for him, that he was right and it was the injuries and facing hot teams. These answers show that he has learned little from his time in Miami. I was all for Gase up until the latter part of this season where his excuses wore paper thing and he seemed to throw blame at everything except himself and Tannehill. I'm not sure if he fails here, he gets another head coaching job...one time failed coach with a close to 500 record...yes, it worth giving a shot. A twice fail head coach becomes a lot harder to sell.

It's like he wants you to know about the heads in his freezer but excruciates at the possibility of being criticized about them.

I don't know if it's what you said above, or he's a closeted habitual drug user, or he has a nervous tic that is undiagnosed. Possibly, it could be a rough amalgamation of all three of those.

Disturbing.

I don't know how Gase will fare with the Jets but regarding the Dolphins I will no longer expect to pull out every close game, no matter what it looks like in the 4th quarter. I had that feeling with Gase beyond any coach in franchise
I would rather field a team who doesn't spot points and maintains a lead so we don't have to win it in the last 5 minutes.

Not to be contrary, but maybe he isn’t lying. I have never heard TBaum, Grier or Ross say that Gase asked for full roster control. Perhaps they wanted him so badly that they did give him that straight out of the gate. I have never seen any evidence that Ross or TBaum are expert negotiators with anything else, why not the same with the HC hire? The offensive lack of production explanation really leans on injuries if you get passed the inexplicably stupid “statistics” line.

I had mixed feelings when he was fired. His play calling was poor, personnel decisions were questionable, and preparedness was poor, especially on the road. With that said, the team did play very hard for him and, IMO, overachieved.

The Jets job will define his career now. If he blows it there, he will be done as an HC prospect for good. There is no doubt that the Jets are a much better situation for him, though. Roster concerns are off his plate. He has tons of cap and a second year highly sought after QB prospect with tons of cap room to build a solid roster. The defense I believe is already better than Miami’s. It is entirely possible that he thrives there and we come to regret his hiring by NY. Regardless, we will finally learn the answers to all of our questions about him.

Not to be contrary, but maybe he isn’t lying. I have never heard TBaum, Grier or Ross say that Gase asked for full roster control. Perhaps they wanted him so badly that they did give him that straight out of the gate. I have never seen any evidence that Ross or TBaum are expert negotiators with anything else, why not the same with the HC hire? The offensive lack of production explanation really leans on injuries if you get passed the inexplicably stupid “statistics” line.

I had mixed feelings when he was fired. His play calling was poor, personnel decisions were questionable, and preparedness was poor, especially on the road. With that said, the team did play very hard for him and, IMO, overachieved.

The Jets job will define his career now. If he blows it there, he will be done as an HC prospect for good. There is no doubt that the Jets are a much better situation for him, though. Roster concerns are off his plate. He has tons of cap and a second year highly sought after QB prospect with tons of cap room to build a solid roster. The defense I believe is already better than Miami’s. It is entirely possible that he thrives there and we come to regret his hiring by NY. Regardless, we will finally learn the answers to all of our questions about him.
As a Jets hater, I'll take my chances and pretty happy they hired him... I think he's a train wreck and terrible at dealing with the alphas on a team

Back
Top Bottom