Watch Gase's Two Most Shocking Answers From Today's Jets Presser | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Gase's Two Most Shocking Answers From Today's Jets Presser

Those two answers just show the dysfunction in Miami. You don't even ask your head coach why he should have roster control you just tell him he has it. :bobdole:

Until someone really comes in and makes changes in culture I just don't see Miami being relevant anytime soon again.

So this explains why Tannehill led the league in 3 and out and was last in 3rd down conversion %. As long as it a wasn't turnover it was a success. Just following the game plan.

Well done Tannehill, well done!

I don't know how Gase will fare with the Jets but regarding the Dolphins I will no longer expect to pull out every close game, no matter what it looks like in the 4th quarter. I had that feeling with Gase beyond any coach in franchise history.

Yep because he called the game not only from a play caller stand point but everything else including situational decisions and clock management based entirely on the scoreboard.

Our thoughts were confirmed when he declined to throw on 3-10 twice. He didn't trust the guy throwing the ball.
And the jets believe Gase is aggressive, now that's funny.

The fact we got lucky (see Pats as an example) and had some good fortune in the end of some games
is NOT a viable recipe to play consistent winning football (IMO).

How about the consistent blowouts in meaningful games and the profound inability to get
the O up and running in Q1? Was THAT part of Gase's secret sauce for winning?

I don't buy his lame BS that he was effectively nursing things along in hope of having a
chance to compete in the back end of Q4. Makes no sense whatsoever and NO COACH

would ever lay that out as a "plan" to sneak victories in.... Point is -- the dude was crap
as a 60 minute decision maker and was consistently unable to make adjustments when

things didn't go according to his garanimals inspired plan.

My opinion. Of course.

I'm starting to genuinely wonder if he's medicated in some way. Watching press conferences from his time with the Broncos versus the press conference yesterday was a stark contrast.

Not to be contrary, but maybe he isn’t lying. I have never heard TBaum, Grier or Ross say that Gase asked for full roster control. Perhaps they wanted him so badly that they did give him that straight out of the gate. I have never seen any evidence that Ross or TBaum are expert negotiators with anything else, why not the same with the HC hire? The offensive lack of production explanation really leans on injuries if you get passed the inexplicably stupid “statistics” line.

The lying thing to me is about him saying roster control doesn't matter. I read this earlier this month:

"Dolphins owner Stephen Ross had planned to take some time to make a decision on Adam Gase, but something happened that caused Ross to accelerate his timetable.”
According to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, Gase was asked to give up his contractual control of the roster, and balked at the request. Jackson added that Gase has told associates that he is fine with being fired and isn’t really upset as he knows he will be wanted by other teams.

If that's true, that's pretty different than how he acted in that Jets presser. If he truly didn't care about roster control, he would have agreed to give it up. Although that would also assume he wanted to remain Miami's HC, which I'm starting to think he wasn't all-in anymore. A lot of posters here have mentioned the same, that he mailed in the latter half of this season and looked like he wanted to get out of dodge.

I still cant believe the Jets were stupid enough to hire Gase. Jets were somehow impressed because they lost 2 games this season?

The Jets just wasted 3 years of future football games. Couldn't happen to a better team.

Not to be contrary, but maybe he isn’t lying. I have never heard TBaum, Grier or Ross say that Gase asked for full roster control. Perhaps they wanted him so badly that they did give him that straight out of the gate. I have never seen any evidence that Ross or TBaum are expert negotiators with anything else, why not the same with the HC hire? The offensive lack of production explanation really leans on injuries if you get passed the inexplicably stupid “statistics” line.

I had mixed feelings when he was fired. His play calling was poor, personnel decisions were questionable, and preparedness was poor, especially on the road. With that said, the team did play very hard for him and, IMO, overachieved.

The Jets job will define his career now. If he blows it there, he will be done as an HC prospect for good. There is no doubt that the Jets are a much better situation for him, though. Roster concerns are off his plate. He has tons of cap and a second year highly sought after QB prospect with tons of cap room to build a solid roster. The defense I believe is already better than Miami’s. It is entirely possible that he thrives there and we come to regret his hiring by NY. Regardless, we will finally learn the answers to all of our questions about him.
Roster decisions are off his plate but squarely on Maccagnon's. He's been skating on thin ice, pretty much despised on ganggreen and jetnation, lucked into Darnold and may not be the GM you'd want to cast your lot with.

The lying thing to me is about him saying roster control doesn't matter. I read this earlier this month:

"Dolphins owner Stephen Ross had planned to take some time to make a decision on Adam Gase, but something happened that caused Ross to accelerate his timetable.”
According to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, Gase was asked to give up his contractual control of the roster, and balked at the request. Jackson added that Gase has told associates that he is fine with being fired and isn’t really upset as he knows he will be wanted by other teams.

If that's true, that's pretty different than how he acted in that Jets presser. If he truly didn't care about roster control, he would have agreed to give it up. Although that would also assume he wanted to remain Miami's HC, which I'm starting to think he wasn't all-in anymore. A lot of posters here have mentioned the same, that he mailed in the latter half of this season and looked like he wanted to get out of dodge.
I think roster control with Miami was Ross attempting to offer him what other teams did not. Gase was a hot candidate 3 years ago. Maybe he did not care about roster control until he had had it for 3 years now it's not a demand since he is gone.

NY radio is KILLING him already. If the Jets don't come out the gates hot, his tenure will be short and brutal.

NY radio is KILLING him already. If the Jets don't come out the gates hot, his tenure will be short and brutal.
Media doesn't control how long he has a job but they will still be brutal with him.

Honestly, this is no big deal to me.

He had a chance for another Head Coaching job … those are crazy-rare. When you get fired and then immediately get offered another chance … that's ultra-rare. You take it … snap their hands off in fact. When they let you pick your coaches and have a good young QB and are in the same division as the team that just fired you … you snap their whole arm off!

Sure he demanded personnel decision making authority to take the Dolphins job … he was in demand! Now he's lucky to have the Jets opportunity and he'll gladly accept not having personnel decision making authority. So, he ret-con's that when he was with the Dolphins. When they asked him why he failed, he didn't throw ANYONE under the bus. Instead, he made chicken salad out of … well you get the gist.

So yeah, he lied. He's an NFL Head Coach … they lie all the time. Lying to the press isn't uncommon in the least for them.

So none of those remarks upset me. He didn't throw the Dolphins under the bus, nor his coaching staff, nor the players (past or present Dolphins), nor the fans, nor the city. That's about as gentle as you can be without accepting blame. If he accepted blame, he never would have been offered the job.

The guy said what he needed to say to score another HC job, I give him props for that. Too bad he’s still a POS.

Back
Top Bottom