Watch Gase's Two Most Shocking Answers From Today's Jets Presser | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Gase's Two Most Shocking Answers From Today's Jets Presser

Jets are going into free agency with no dead money on the books and over 100 million in cap room.

They have the resources to surround their young QB with quality veteran OL and some elite offensive weapons come opening day. Including the likely acquisition of Le'Veon Bell.

We may very well be swept by them next year.......actually them, and the rest of the league as well.
Let’s hope so

The good news is that twice a year we won't have anything to fear outside of a couple lucky plays. We already have two wins for this upcoming season :cheers:

Honestly, this is no big deal to me.

He had a chance for another Head Coaching job … those are crazy-rare. When you get fired and then immediately get offered another chance … that's ultra-rare. You take it … snap their hands off in fact. When they let you pick your coaches and have a good young QB and are in the same division as the team that just fired you … you snap their whole arm off!

Sure he demanded personnel decision making authority to take the Dolphins job … he was in demand! Now he's lucky to have the Jets opportunity and he'll gladly accept not having personnel decision making authority. So, he ret-con's that when he was with the Dolphins. When they asked him why he failed, he didn't throw ANYONE under the bus. Instead, he made chicken salad out of … well you get the gist.

So yeah, he lied. He's an NFL Head Coach … they lie all the time. Lying to the press isn't uncommon in the least for them.

So none of those remarks upset me. He didn't throw the Dolphins under the bus, nor his coaching staff, nor the players (past or present Dolphins), nor the fans, nor the city. That's about as gentle as you can be without accepting blame. If he accepted blame, he never would have been offered the job.

Can we move any Gase threads to "Beasts of the East"? Just like any Kap threads should go to "General NFL". I'm sick of looking at both. In fact I'm thinking about starting a Sign Kap thread once a week to take the glory.

I said this about Sparano, I said this about Philbin, and I'll say it about Gase. The moment you start start coaching like you dont trust your QB you dont deserve a job. Did Tanny regress? Yes. Was the OL bad? Yes but the moment you decide you are gonna call plays to minimize mistakes as much as possible you handicap your team.

Now let me say this. There is a difference between calling plays due to a weakness (like rollouts, short throws if the OL is struggling) and just calling plays to avoid mistakes

He now has a tremendous QB, the jets got a good deal.

What he said was true.

Seems like it just soared over some of the more optimistic fans around here.

He came to the same conclusion that Philbin did.

They were just NOT good enough to consistently convert 3rd downs via the pass, so he aimed at keeping the games close and not turning it over.

He was too eager to get that job, he shouldn't have agreed to start & keep RT like he did.

He shackled himself.

He didn't do a good job of having the team prepared & disciplined that is 100% on him though.

Plus he sucked at dealing with strong minded players.

He is SMARTER than his players he should have been able to get the most out of them instead of getting rid of young talent like he did.

Ok 13, enough, now I have to clean my monitors, sprayed coffee all over them and almost sprayed cofffevvvve on my autographed picture of Alan Greenspan. Beer and Clams, let the hilarity ensue. :funny:

The Ever Thanks For The Laugh Bro VIPER
upload_2019-1-16_18-41-28.png

im going to say this, MAYBE he wasn't lying about demanding 53 man control in Miami. most of the time you talk to the agents before the candidate. you cant tell the truth without telling the actual truth...my wife calls them lies. Gase was the hot name at the time, maybe he told his agent that he wants full 53 man control, to call his own plays, build his own staff yada yada yada. so when ross's people call gase's people, his agent says, this is what my client wants. So when gase shows up in Ross' office to make his pitch about how thing will be ran, Ross says okay, we will give you full roster control and you can call your own plays and pick your own coaches if you come to Miami (knowing that's what he wants). Gase didn't demand it or ask for it from Ross directly per se, but he told his agent to let it be known he wanted it. with the Jet's he wasn't the hot name anymore, just a HC fresh off the chopping block so he told his agent "just find me a damn head coaching job whatever it takes, even if I get paid in tacos or beer and clams". so he makes his pitch, and the jets owner just says, "okay I guess you can coach" without kissing his ass because im sure gase was doing the ass kissing this time

I said this about Sparano, I said this about Philbin, and I'll say it about Gase. The moment you start start coaching like you dont trust your QB you dont deserve a job. Did Tanny regress? Yes. Was the OL bad? Yes but the moment you decide you are gonna call plays to minimize mistakes as much as possible you handicap your team.

Now let me say this. There is a difference between calling plays due to a weakness (like rollouts, short throws if the OL is struggling) and just calling plays to avoid mistakes

Agreed! He definitely handicapped us and that shows weakness on his part. If it’s true then he should have kept the throttle down and let Tammehill hang himself. However Gase showed no effort to adapt the offense. He continually called horrible plays.

Back
Top Bottom