Watch Jesse Davis Work.... Err Get Worked. Smh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Jesse Davis Work.... Err Get Worked. Smh

It looked to me like he thought he was going to pass that rusher off to the center. I was if this wasn't a miscommunication.

I guess playing through the echo of the whistle is gone.

Just regarding his play Sunday in general, was it just a bad day? Bad match up with Buffalo's DLineman? A combination of the two? Something else?

What are we thinking here?

Just regarding his play Sunday in general, was it just a bad day? Bad match up with Buffalo's DLineman? A combination of the two? Something else?

Our team has always struggled against physical fronts. Although I have to admit the Bills don't seem as tough in the trenches as years past.
Also, it doesn't surprise me that they struggle against those types of fronts.
Look who they're practicing against all off-season. Our finesse pass rush DL. Nothing tough nose about them.

Our team has always struggled against physical fronts. Although I have to admit the Bills don't seem as tough in the trenches as years past.
Also, it doesn't surprise me that they struggle against those types of fronts.
Look who they're practicing against all off-season. Our finesse pass rush DL. Nothing tough nose about them.
I think that was worse than his usual struggles against physical fronts. That's why I asked. I expect a level of incompetence from our guards against physical fronts. His play surprised me (in an alarming way).

Nice how he tries to play it off like he didn't even see the guy! He's like the little kid paying peek-a-boo. If I pretend I didn't see him, maybe he will just go away....

Regression and likely to the mean. He’s been underwhelming all year. I said a few weeks earlier he was the guy no one was talking about but was letting us down almost as much as anyone.

We need two starting caliber guards this offseason. Despite this regime's many attempts to prove otherwise, Jesse Davis is just a borderline fringe player and not a starter. Ted Larsen has been absolutely awful, and Josh Sitton can't be counted on to come back from injury and start 16 games next year at this point in his career.

I haven't done any research on who is (or could be) available in free agency, but here are some of the players in the 2019 draft that I think can really help us out:

Guards
  • Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama
  • Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
  • Ben Powers, Oklahoma
  • Alex Bars, Notre Dame (Hurt, but would be worth a rookie season redshirt)
Centers
  • Erik McCoy (STUD), Texas A&M
  • Sam Mustipher, Notre Dame
  • T.J. McCoy, Florida
  • Connor McGovern, Penn State
  • Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin

Damn! Glad I'm not the person that has to read some of those names aloud!!!

Regression and likely to the mean. He’s been underwhelming all year. I said a few weeks earlier he was the guy no one was talking about but was letting us down almost as much as anyone.
Not good. Need two guards.

Can we get a pro bowl season out of Sitton at LG next season?

We need two starting caliber guards this offseason. Despite this regime's many attempts to prove otherwise, Jesse Davis is just a borderline fringe player and not a starter. Ted Larsen has been absolutely awful, and Josh Sitton can't be counted on to come back from injury and start 16 games next year at this point in his career.

I haven't done any research on who is (or could be) available in free agency, but here are some of the players in the 2019 draft that I think can really help us out:

Guards
  • Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama
  • Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
  • Ben Powers, Oklahoma
  • Alex Bars, Notre Dame (Hurt, but would be worth a rookie season redshirt)
Centers
  • Erik McCoy (STUD), Texas A&M
  • Sam Mustipher, Notre Dame
  • T.J. McCoy, Florida
  • Connor McGovern, Penn State
  • Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin

If Miami is drafting any line early it needs to be defensive end. Period.

In his defense, it was a great spin move with good timing almost Dwight Freeney-esque.

just more garbage o-line play because they refuse to fix the position for over a decade.

Davis showed really well in his first season, so you hoped for -- and fairly expected -- that he would continue to grow and progress as a player. Instead, he's actually been worse than he was last season and really struggled in a couple of games.

Laugh all you want, but I think it's possible that our OL coaching change was not a net positive for this team.

Back
Top Bottom