Watch Out for Brendan Given | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Out for Brendan Given

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Reports from NFL Europe about Linebacker Brendan Given are quite promising. This kid is big (6'2", 252 lbs), fast, athletic, and determined. He has a great attitude and the coaches really love him. He's played very well in Europe and I think he might have a shot at a roster spot.

He's still a little green, but has a great attitude and is a very hard worker. Personally, I think we could use somebody with his size instead of the midgets we like to put in at the linebacker spot. Zack, of course, is the exception to the small guy that plays big, but when your small and play a position like linebacker, you're really prone to injuries.

I saw Zack at training camp last year and he has difficulty shaking hands because he has arthritis and has lost power in his grip. He takes a real beating and has to use his hyperbaric oxygen tent to recover.

Anyway, this kid Given looks great and could be an up and comer. Look for him in camp this summer. I hope he makes the team and gives us an athletic young player that will add some much needed quality depth at the linebacker position.

Givens certainly looks like someone of all the undrafted FAs and NFLE guys (other than Henry) that has a real shot a making team. He s/b a demon on STs and plays a position we desparately need since Hendricks left

Nope, we have too many young "specialty" LB's not ready to contribute on actually D yet... name em: Moore, Jenkins, and now Bua... Don't forget Pope.... How many of these young Lb's can we keep, especially since they basically all are limited to special teams duties?

I posted about this guy before the draft ....

He most definitely should make the competition on special teams very interesting !!!!

:D

Marino1983

I'm not sure he's just a specialty guy. I think he's more than just a special teamer. He is raw, of course, but from what I've read he has the size and all the tools to be special. He might work out to be a starter some day if he gets the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom