Watch The Afc East Get Weaker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch The Afc East Get Weaker

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm really hoping to see some of the poorly managed teams in the AFC East start to lose some players that can help them. The Bills have already lost some players, such as Cowart, Johnson, etc....and now have just cut Fina and likely will do the same with Jay Riemersma soon enough. I think the bills in particular are going to be hurting. Will this team have any leadership?

I keep hearing the Jets have all these guys ready to resturcture, but havent seen alot of it yet. I'm hoping some of these guys like Martin will say "show me the money" and hold fast to their contracts.

Regardless, I expect to see a few of these teams worse next week than they were two weeks ago.

um....

about the bills...

Cowart was replaced with Fletcher (not as good a player...but still great and he is KNOWN for his leadership).

Johnson had NO LEADERSHIP and he was replaced with Drew Bledsoe....regardless of how biased some are...Bledsoe is a world better than Johnson in every possible way.

Fina was a liability for the last few year...and Williams, Teague and Jennings are better for them there.

And if they have to cut Riemersma...that would probably be the biggest loss of the 4...but Dave Moore is there...and Jay dropped a ton of balls last year.

Originally posted by dolphan

And if they have to cut Riemersma...that would probably be the biggest loss of the 4...but Dave Moore is there...and Jay dropped a ton of balls last year.

I don't think they will. I think most people jumped to conclusions there. Gilbride's offense calls for a lot of 2 TE formations and I think they were upgrading themselves by adding Dave Moore.

One thing I question is the addition of Drew Bledsoe and how the Bills will change their offense to better fit him. Granted, we've seen both but you just never know.

Don't count your chickens until post season.

The thing I dont get is why they bothered to extend Larry Centers contract.

I mean...yeah hes a great pass catching FB...but I don't see how he fits into anything that Bledsoe does.

And hes not a great blocker...so I dunno what that was about.

Sometimes good players dont fit schemes.

Bledsoe knows how to dump it off to the FB trust me.

"Fina was a liability for the last few year...and Williams, Teague and Jennings are better for them there."

I agreed with you about the Bills right up until there. I mean, I dont think London Fletcher is "great" but he is known for leadership and he is pretty good, while Cowart was a hobbled injury case who likely will never be the same. But Fina was not a liability, and there's nothing to suggest that guys such as Trey Teague and that Jennings guy are going to be anything more than maybe just SLIGHT upgrades over what they've been working with there for a while now. Williams, now thats another story he should probably put some bang back in that line.

Great post dolphan! I hate the Bills more (not Dave, i am so funny) than anyone, but you have to give them credit this year, they had a ok FA and a Great draft, I just hope the nills find a way to screw it all up again. I guess I shouldn't be to worried, they always find a way to screw themselves.

The reason I think that Fina was a liability for the Bills is because they flat out couldn't run to the left.

They obviously weren't great running any other way...but they just flat out couldn't run behind Fina.

And Bobby...The Bills are the biggest chokers EVER...I never worry.

"The thing I dont get is why they bothered to extend Larry Centers contract.

I mean...yeah hes a great pass catching FB...but I don't see how he fits into anything that Bledsoe does.

And hes not a great blocker...so I dunno what that was about.

Sometimes good players dont fit schemes."

Very good point I am interested to see how he will fit in our new offense. As far as getting weaker you must be on crack our division is getting stronger.

All those players you mentioned were replaced with as good a player or better. I would like them to keep reimersma, and I think he will renogotiate because Gilbride uses alot of 2 te sets.

I don't see it the same Bills fan

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
All those players you mentioned were replaced with as good a player or better.

I just don't see the same upgrades you do. The one you seem the most excited about is Bledsoe, and although Drew played well in the past, he's been horrible his last several seasons. Last year he couldnt hardly win a game with a Roster that won the Super Bowl after he was injured/benched. His reads are poor, his body has taken way too many shots. I doubt he'll finish the year healthy.......and I see him as no upgrade. The Bills have lost leadership, and some solid vets that helped them. No way would Fletcher beat out Cowart if they competed head to head at MLB, and losing Fina didn't help either on a suspect OL.

I understand you being hopful as a Bills fan, you should be, but I don't see upgrades in Buffalo being a sure thing like you do.

"I just don't see the same upgrades you do. The one you seem the most excited about is Bledsoe, and although Drew played well in the past, he's been horrible his last several seasons. Last year he couldnt hardly win a game with a Roster that won the Super Bowl after he was injured/benched. His reads are poor, his body has taken way too many shots. I doubt he'll finish the year healthy.......and I see him as no upgrade. The Bills have lost leadership, and some solid vets that helped them. No way would Fletcher beat out Cowart if they competed head to head at MLB, and losing Fina didn't help either on a suspect OL.

I understand you being hopful as a Bills fan, you should be, but I don't see upgrades in Buffalo being a sure thing like you do."

Drew Bledsoe or Rob Johnson!!! Now do you see why I am excited. While Fletcher doesn't have the same talent as Cowart I don't see the comparison because Cowart played only 1 quarter of the first game before he was injured so the real comparison is London Fletcher vs Brandon Spoon. Also Cowart tore his achiles tendon. Not many players come back the same as before from an injury like that. Also while I don't know what it is like to win a super bowl I do know for a fact that if the Bills won one 30 years ago I wouldn't be satisfied with just making it to the playoffs and losing for all those years. If it were like 10 years or something like that I could see still being satisfied but 30 NO WAY.

The Patriots didn't help him out too much in the past few seasons either.

[B

Also while I don't know what it is like to win a super bowl I do know for a fact that if the Bills won one 30 years ago I wouldn't be satisfied with just making it to the playoffs and losing for all those years. If it were like 10 years or something like that I could see still being satisfied but 30 NO WAY. [/B]

Well, since you havent ever won a Super Bowl and we have, and finished with a perfect season like we have, it's understandable for us why you wouldnt be happy with it. It's also that in between that same 30 year span we have won more football games, division titles, and likely playoff games than any other team in the NFL helps us with the pain. I don't expect you to understand that either because the Bills are the exact opposite of the Dolphins. I have respect though for fans that can stick with their teams despite the lows.....so i'll give you that. Nothing worse than front runners on the bandwagon.

C'MON!

The Patriots didn't help him out too much in the past few seasons either.

Now come on Bills fan!....the first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem. You said Drew didn't get much help, but he was completely in the tank when he was injured/benched last year in NE. The Patriots had the best team in the league last year AFTER Bledsoe was sat down. He was a major part of their problem, largely due to his poor reads and rushing the ball out to the wrong WR. Ron Jaworski broke this down beautifully when he compared Bledsoe to Brady on his show. Bledsoe used to be one of the top QB's in the league, and this change COULD improve him....but he hasn't played at that level for a long, long time. I think the Bills are in trouble if they put the load on his shoulders...but that's what the games are for....so we'll all know soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom