Watch This: More 3rd And 1 Frustration As We Stay In Shotgun And Throw The Ball... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch This: More 3rd And 1 Frustration As We Stay In Shotgun And Throw The Ball...

Why not take what the D is giving you? Walk up to center tap him on the butt and run over the uncovered gap.

Gase is the type who would prefer to make excuses for why his finesse concept didn't work, than be satisfied at power mode that did work.

That power stuff mostly bores him. It's the reason we immediately line up in the deep shotgun on 3rd and 1, as if there's no other consideration.

He is a good coach but too much of a tinkerer and pass happy type. A great quarterback can bail out those low percentage 3rd and 1 pass plays, no matter the congestion. Gase designs and calls these plays as if he has a dominant quarterback, and then can't imagine what went wrong when the play fails.

It’s man coverage all day long with a man beater rub built in to release the O’Leary route for an easy sticks conversion.

There’s nothing wrong with the play call. Qb can’t screw that up. He read it wrong.

I can show you this stuff on tape with this qb all day long.

OK, but why throw on 3rd & 1? The play itself may be fine, from a design standpoint. It isn’t fine for the time when it was called.

OK, but why throw on 3rd & 1? The play itself may be fine, from a design standpoint. It isn’t fine for the time when it was called.

It’s meant for the short yardage package primary pick up. I’d call it all day any day and if my qb can’t execute it ie make the proper pre to post snap read I will find someone that can. You get man you got to make that play.

All Brock’s doing on these tapes is locking himself into backup status here or elsewhere.

It’s meant for the short yardage package primary pick up. I’d call it all day any day and if my qb can’t execute it ie make the proper pre to post snap read I will find someone that can. You get man you got to make that play.

All Brock’s doing on these tapes is locking himself into backup status here or elsewhere.

C’mon. You’re completely unwilling to be critical of anything. With the way this offense is currently handicapped, being in the shotgun and throwing on 3rd & 1 is just flat-out stupid. All you do is criticize Osweiler, yet you’re perfectly fine putting him in this position. The inconsistency makes no sense.

C’mon. You’re completely unwilling to be critical of anything. With the way this offense is currently handicapped, being in the shotgun and throwing on 3rd & 1 is just flat-out stupid. All you do is criticize Osweiler, yet you’re perfectly fine putting him in this position. The inconsistency makes no sense.

Ehh whatever you say. All he’s got to do there is read man coverage and throw the damn ball to the rub concept vs it. That’s it. Lead outside shoulder and you are golden.

The rub wr recognizes the coverage that’s why he runs the rub concept in the first place. Everyone does but the damn qb.

No reason to be looking anywhere else there.

If Ryan didn’t do it I’d be roasting his ass too. So don’t give me that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d imagine also that we are lined up vs that front the way we are because we lack faith to be able to just line up and run the ball off guard etc and convert.

And vs that jets front I can’t say I’m surprised.

Leonard williams took our interior o line to the woodshed. If you don’t work away from him he will wreck you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do mind going for a "big play" on 3rd and 1

Here's why, name the last time we got a "big play" off 3rd and 1?
Hopefully big play means to you a lot more than picking up 1 yards for the conversation.
Um, yes, a big play means more than 1 yard to me obviously. It means picking up chunk yards or better yet, scoring a TD. I know as a Dolphins fan you haven'seen many of those in the last 25 years, but other teams do it and are successful. There are times it is appropriate to run an inside running play or a QB sneak, like in the Cincy game. Not going to score many TD's if your offense is playing 10.yards at a time.

Ehh whatever you say. All he’s got to do there is read man coverage and throw the damn ball to the rub concept vs it. That’s it. Lead outside shoulder and you are golden.

The rub wr recognizes the coverage that’s why he runs the rub concept in the first place. Everyone does but the damn qb.

No reason to be looking anywhere else there.

If Ryan didn’t do it I’d be roasting his *** too. So don’t give me that.

What concept did the right tackle recognize there?

You’re assuming Osweiler can even get that pass off without it being blocked back into his face.

So QB sneak, or a handoff from under center to your “sticks” guy isn’t the easier choice there??

Why the hell can't Miami run a big package in there on short yardage?

All this HOPE that a big play will work out downfield is stupid.

It's not just Gase, they've been doing it for years, except Sparano.

Um, yes, a big play means more than 1 yard to me obviously. It means picking up chunk yards or better yet, scoring a TD. I know as a Dolphins fan you haven'seen many of those in the last 25 years, but other teams do it and are successful. There are times it is appropriate to run an inside running play or a QB sneak, like in the Cincy game. Not going to score many TD's if your offense is playing 10.yards at a time.

I wish we played Qb sneak up 17 pts and down 2-3 lineman in the Benglas game.
Essentially saying, If you want to beat us then show us you can earn 17+ points without us giving you turnovers.
Nope! Gase, Down 2-3 lineman and up 17 pts? Perfect time for shotgun formation. Let's throw the ball all over the field. IDIOT!!!

What concept did the right tackle recognize there?

You’re assuming Osweiler can even get that pass off without it being blocked back into his face.

So QB sneak, or a handoff from under center to your “sticks” guy isn’t the easier choice there??

It's a ridiculous argument. Especially, considering, we lost our starting RT and the new tackle was getting embarrassingly beat from the beginning.
It's like Gase learned absolutely nothing from the Bengals game when we lost 2-3 linemen and he insists on crap plays that required the backup linemen to hold blocks.
We're lucky the play didn't result in a BO fumble.

Just like the Bengals game if we don't turn the ball over these teams aren't likely to drive the length of the field 2,3 times and score TDs to earn the win.

Sidenote: If Gase was a real offensive coordinator he would realize those DE aren't likely to play sound technique against a backup linemen they know they can beat. A real OC would use that to their advantage and invite that undiscipline DE right up the field and execute the play right behind them.

Back
Top Bottom