Watch This Quick 3-play Series Vs The Jets That Defines Where We Are As An Offense Right Now! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch This Quick 3-play Series Vs The Jets That Defines Where We Are As An Offense Right Now!

That first play with Larsen blocking down is simply amazing. He has the leverage and it is a pretty easy block and he just gets thrown away with 1 arm. I guess bad players make bad plays..damn.

I believe they said during the game that when Larsen got called for holding it was his first penalty of the year! After watching that video I can see why, he gets beat before he has a chance to hold!

Seriously though his play has been garbage since he arrived but what is with the play design?!? Larsen gets wrecked on first down so you go right back there on second down expecting a different result? Then on third and 10 you don’t give your backup tackle any help?

No wonder Gase benched himself.

By the way I wish I had a picture of him sitting alone on the bench, classic.

A perfect illustration of why the issue is not the play calls!

A perfect illustration of why the issue is not the play calls!

Also a perfect illustration of a coaching staff/front office that continues to sign and keep completely incompetent offensive linemen.

I’m not going to accept that Adam Gase and the coaching staff had no input on signing and keeping Larsen and Sterup. And Sam Young.

I believe they said during the game that when Larsen got called for holding it was his first penalty of the year! After watching that video I can see why, he gets beat before he has a chance to hold!

Seriously though his play has been garbage since he arrived but what is with the play design?!? Larsen gets wrecked on first down so you go right back there on second down expecting a different result? Then on third and 10 you don’t give your backup tackle any help?

No wonder Gase benched himself.

By the way I wish I had a picture of him sitting alone on the bench, classic.

For the first play, Larsen has a one-on-one block with a slant to the right. Coach Gase gives Larsen help on the second play with a combo block where Tunsil is in too much of a rush. Tunsil disengages too soon, and Larsen is thrown the second Tunsil disengages. Drake is the inside help for Sterup before he goes out on the route. Sterup has to know his help is to the inside. Sorry, I just do not see how you can blame the play calls.

Second play tunsil has to climb to the second level so he can’t hesitate there.

Combo block blown up by that game wrecker of the jets but that’s what Leonard Williams is and does

This is all execution issues more than it is play calling. Some guys can’t execute the ask but that’s why the defenders get paid too.

For the first play, Larsen has a one-on-one block with a slant to the right. Coach Gase gives Larsen help on the second play with a combo block where Tunsil is in too much of a rush. Tunsil disengages too soon, and Larsen is thrown the second Tunsil disengages. Drake is the inside help for Sterup before he goes out on the route. Sterup has to know his help is to the inside. Sorry, I just do not see how you can blame the play calls.

You may be right but as I see it, Tunsil combo blocked and then climbs like he is supposed to it’s not his fault Larsen can’t work his feet. You don’t combo block a big aggressive defender you trap block him.

On the third play the DE is so wide that you know he is coming with a wide rush particularly knowing Sterup can’t move. Drake isn’t even looking in that direction so there is no way he is inside help. Maybe you can blame Drake on that one but asking Sterup to set up to take away the outside rush is ridiculous.

I’ve coached a lot of football, youth football so that counts just as much as NFL coaching (sic), and if I see my team in those situations there is no way I am calling those plays.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

And at the end of the day as you have pointed out the players aren’t executing so why is Gase calling plays that his team simply can’t execute?

Last edited:
Wait are we saying that it's much harder for the QB and RB to be effective IF the OL sucks?
Well, what do ya know!

Larsen got destroyed on the third play too. He's been getting pushed back in to the qb all year.

Well, I'd like to think that by now everyone knows that every play starts up front. Our O-line has been bad for years and years and it's still bad. We miss Sitton of course but this O-line takes turns looking bad out there but in 2019 I expect the O-line to be just as bad thanks to our FO.

Back
Top Bottom