Watch This Sick Route By Stills That Was Wide Open For A Td That Never Happens... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch This Sick Route By Stills That Was Wide Open For A Td That Never Happens...

Stills beat his man while Tannehill still had time to throw.... clear as day. If you stop the video at .26.

Sorry I really do not like this analysis. Later in the video it shows a different view without the WR in view and we sya "its bout now that stills is open" … BS.

Yeah that’s a protection based lost play

Nice route by stills.

upload_2018-11-29_10-58-19.png
Take a look at this picture... Stills has already beaten his man by 2 steps and Tannehill is staring and waiting, nobody has gotten around the edge yet, no pressure... just waiting and staring.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-29_10-57-19.png
    upload_2018-11-29_10-57-19.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 5
View attachment 14286
Take a look at this picture... Stills has already beaten his man by 2 steps and Tannehill is staring and waiting, nobody has gotten around the edge yet, no pressure... just waiting and staring.

I guess that’s fair, but not quite as easy in real time ;)

Main point of the video is to show we missed a big opportunity, regardless of it being right there or a few seconds later.

Lol not as easy in real time? If this was Osweiler you would have put 100% of the blame on him not throwing it. Your bias is showing.

View attachment 14286

You do understand football isn't plated with still shots right?

I guess that’s fair, but not quite as easy in real time ;)

Main point of the video is to show we missed a big opportunity, regardless of it being right there or a few seconds later.

Then say that next time, do not say if the QB had another 2 seconds it would be a TD... while that may be true it is misleading. The QB could have made that play as is.

Better anticipation by Tannehill and it's a TD. I support him but he missed that one. Maybe he's rusty on the timing coming off of the injury.
I don't think it's rust, maybe apprehensive, as he's been dreadful in that area of the field this year. He had no problem slinging it to the other side Sunday.

passer-rating-vs-league-avg_TAN298716_2018-reg-all_1540336898017.jpeg

Tannehill had plenty of time to get the ball off. He steps up twice without getting into his throwing motion. A great QB realizes that the safety is not gonna make this play (he's nowhere in the picture) and it's just a matter of throwing the ball deep enough for your WR to beat coverage and get underneath it. Tannehill didn't want to make this throw down the field. Not sure if it was because of shoulder or what, but it's WIDE OPEN! If you study film and know your guys you throw this up and hope Stills comes down with it... end of story! Stop making excuses for Tannehill... this is on him... throw it up!

Ball should've been gone at the 13 second mark. The more I look at it, the ball could've been gone at 12 when Stills hit's the 50. You aren't going to see guys beat coverage every play. Sometimes you have to trust the play call and let it fly. It's a TD!

Yeah you know what. He hitches forward twice. I think you are right.

I thought he was moved off at the top of his drop. Missed play.

But I’m also wondering if he’s looking for an extra hitch there to get more on the throw he doesn’t get.

Either way if you can hitch twice throw it

Back
Top Bottom