Watch this video & tell me you would not love for us to trade down for Tavon Austin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch this video & tell me you would not love for us to trade down for Tavon Austin

catch22

New Mexico Fin Fan
Reaction score
[video=youtube;T3_UNFZHSQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU[/video]

Imagine Tannehill throwing to Wallace (hopefully) and Hartline on the edges, Tavon Austin in the slot. Hopefully add TE like Jared Cook and we would be so so deadly.

I know its unlikely but you'd have to imagine the coaching staff has done their due diligence as far as looking at all the draft receivers, and If we are able sign Wallace (I know Wallace is not a done deal) that last piece in the puzzle for this team to be a deadly passing attack would be to improve at the slot position and TE.

If Tavon Austin falls somehow to the second round or we trade down I would be sooooo happy to get this guy.

What do you guys think?

Movin on to the next FLASH!

no offense to Tavon, but I think I would rather have Patterson. Bigger. Does the same thing.

If you like him that much, advocate taking him at 12.

If you like him that much, advocate taking him at 12.

I would personally be happy with him at 12, but I don't think the coaching staff would go that route. I think they realize he can probably be had in the late first round or early second round and for them to pull the trigger on a guy so small at 12 would be considered too much of a reach.

Of all the draft receivers available, I believe Austin would be the most complementary to a Miami team (with wallace) , followed by Swope.

Highlights to make your case?

Last time I bothered with YOUTUBE highlights, Pat White was the envogue thing and he had playmaker written all over him.:ponder:

His foot speed is ridiculous. And the swag level is off the charts. I think 12 is quite high but if we can have eifert and Austin with our first two picks.WOW!

I'd rather have stedman bailey out of the two wvu wrs. I don't really see Tavon's game translating to the NFL because players are much faster. I remember a guy named Reggie Bush used to do similar things in a historically weak defensive conference. Not the same conference mind you but the Big 12's defenses have been terrible as of late. I do like the highlight reel though, Tavon made a lot of those people look foolish.

I like Austin...but IMO he wasn't even the best receiver on his team. Steadman Bailey is the better player. And as some of the above posters said...Patterson does the same thing with the ball in his hands except he's much much bigger...just as explosive though

Highlights to make your case?

Last time I bothered with YOUTUBE highlights, Pat White was the envogue thing and he had playmaker written all over him.:ponder:

I think some people had until recently only heard about Austins Combine performance (including myself) and when I did watch the highlights you can just see this guy is going to be a star IMO. you can disagree with me thats cool.

I would also argue his senior stats help make his argument: 2,760 all-purpose yards. 598 rushing on 61 carries, 1259 receiving on 110 catches, 905 return yards. 17 total TDs

In my opinion if whoever gets this guy uses him correctly will be getting star in the league. I may be wrong, we will see :)

all I see is another Teddy Ginn...

you would not love for us to trade down for Tavon Austin

Ok...I dont want Austin in round one.

He's electric. (And he would be great at putting butts in the seats, Mr Ross). However, I'm reminded of the Ted Ginn video that displayed his olympic class speed. Austin looks better than Ginn and has the unique ability to stop and change direction in a nanosecond. He's a high risk, high reward prospect. I'd be tempted to draft him at 12 but I doubt that Ireland will.

all I see is another Teddy Ginn...

Tavon Austin had as many total yards in one season as Ginn's total yards in all three of his seasons of college (both about 2800 yards)

He is better than Ted Ginn. (similar speed though)

Back
Top Bottom