Watch Tom Brady Become Human On The Last Two Plays Of The Half... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Tom Brady Become Human On The Last Two Plays Of The Half...

Dude's an all time great. GOAT? Maybe or maybe not. It's really hard to judge that sort of thing with rule changes, or things like having better WRs, Rb's, OLinemen, or even a good defense to get your offense back on the field quickly. I mean, people talk up Montana (and he was great), but look at the talent he had around him all of those years (Rice, etc...). It's impossible to "fairly" compare any of the all time greats with so much to consider.

We disagree by shades of grey. He's no longer the BEST QB, but still top 4-5

Sure. I think Drew Brees is the best quarterback in football right now. I used to think it was Aaron Rodgers, but I think I was wrong about that. They're both kind of unbelievable in how great they are, but I think I have to give it to Brees just for how consistently he is able to do it even as he advances in age. Watching him play football is like a gift from God.

I try not to think about the two times he should have been (and wanted to be) a Dolphin. I try not to.

Sure. I think Drew Brees is the best quarterback in football right now. I used to think it was Aaron Rodgers, but I think I was wrong about that. They're both kind of unbelievable in how great they are, but I think I have to give it to Brees just for how consistently he is able to do it even as he advances in age. Watching him play football is like a gift from God.

I try not to think about the two times he should have been (and wanted to be) a Dolphin. I try not to.

I think this reason is why Saban never coaches an NFL team again. There’s being wrong, and then there’s being so monumentally and colossally wrong that it drastically changes the fortune of 2 teams for the next several decades.

He’ll always be haunted by the fact that he sent a draft pick for Culpepper when he could have had Brees for just the contract.

Eh, I am not a fan of Nick Saban, but let's be honest. He'll never coach an NFL team again because:

1. He is building a legacy as one of the best coaches in the history of NCAA football, if not the best.
2. He's getting up there in age and I can't fathom he'd want to drop it all and go start fresh somewhere else.
3. He has really, really, really sycophantic media and fans where he's at now. He can pretty much do whatever he wants and not have to face any harsh music for it.

He'd be an idiot to quit, and although he made a few awful decision as the head honcho here in Miami (and it still stings), he's certainly not an idiot.

For what it's worth I always said that Brady is a product of the system in NE. It is pretty clear by now that the Patriots can plug any QB into their system and can make them look like Brady. Brady knows that. If he'd ever move to another team he would not even be close to what he is in NE. That is one of the reason they were able to low ball him on his salary for most of his career.
The stories from last year that the coaching staff does not think that highly of Brady and I believe the quote was "we could plug any 3rd round QB into our system and we would not lose a step" support that notion.

Brady is good, but I just don't see him any where near Peyton Manning or Dan Marino. Obviously TB's stats and accolades say otherwise but I am just one who truly believes that if he didn't have Billichek he wouldn't be any where near the award winning QB he is. It's not BB being made by Brady. Again, he's good....but he isn't THAT good. I don't know if there is a QB that has ever been handed more of a perfect situation in my life. When something breaks down in that O (which isn't often) he becomes human almost every single time.

Masterful scheme and play calling has been afforded him from day one. Imagine if say Philbin, had become the pats HC 10 years ago.....do you honestly believe Brady would be where he is? Not a chance.

Agree

Isn’t it strange that whenever the Patriots play in Miami they do stuff they never do in other games, like Brady taking the sack there or allowing that miracle TD in the end. I also believe in any other game, Belichick would not kick the field goal but try to score on 4th down before that last play of the game. I remember a game in Miami where the Patriots didn’t even bother passing and tried to run it on almost every single play.

I just can’t make sense of it, it almost feels like they are not really trying to win those games.

lots of hate for Brady on here. It leads me to ask a curious question, if Brady retired or left the Patriots and the Dolphins wanted him for a year or two would you be cool with that? I honestly wonder how many Dolphins would reject Brady coming here for a year. I wouldn't lol. He's been our biggest rival for ages, but I'd love to have him here for a year

Brady wouldn't have been GOAT I'm Miami and wouldn't be All Pro now

Yo bro -- been sayin' that for prob 13 years -- but more cynically -- if the team wasn't' named "PATRIOTS" (post (911) then all this BS crap "dynasty" (aka Hollywood produced) farce with numerous PROVEN episodes of cheating that a casual fan can easily see... Well, the N F L is a legit rigged league.

Just a FEW funnies:

It started with the funky tuck rule against the Raiders in 2001. I know where you are going with that and I see and understand your point. But let's not do it in the main forum.

Back
Top Bottom